Tyler1 still muted after not playing for 8 months

As I mentioned in a post, he went through over a year and a half before he was unbanned in LoL.
In that time, he took about a 5-6 month break from streaming on Twitch just to play LoL off-stream.
When he played LoL off-stream, he was always trying to win, no matter what. He could have 2-3 people AFK on his team and he would still try to win (other Twitch streamers were in his game).
He even got to the point to where he hit ‘Honor 5’ in LoL, which is the highest tier for being a good/positive teammate.
Riot checked the logs of his accounts that he played off-stream, and saw no signs of toxicity, and unbanned him from their game.
Tyler1 and Greek were going to play Overwatch yesterday, and found that he had a 10 year mute.
That 10 year mute was given due to his reputation in LoL, the game that he was unbanned from due to reformation (which again, was more than a year and a half.)

1 Like

That still doesn’t mean anything. Once someone has a notorious reputation, it’s easy to not find them very trustworthy in future.

Either way, it’s for him to handle with Blizzard.

2 Likes

Sorry but nobody gets a silence for 10 years for “doing nothing”. If you honestly think this dude “did nothing” you are toxic yourself.

you kept saying it, but is this really true? are you sure that 8+ months ago he wasn’t doing anything toxic that would upset a bunch of people in his matches?

Except he earned the trust of the company who banned him

1 Like

Yes, that’s all fine and dandy, but not every company will welcome someone with open arms. Not right away or that very second. Who says his ban won’t get lifted eventually? Let the actual person handle that – not randoms.

1 Like

So why does blizzard in particular feel the need to stand up to this guy? I’ve never heard of something like this before

By the sounds of it, they don’t want him

There are other people with the same issue. You’re only hearing about this one case because the person in question is well-known. Not to mention the desire to raise pitchforks at Blizzard is kind of a thing.

Such punishments aren’t Blizzard exclusive.

Edit: what I’m saying is that his supporters could do more damage to his chances than if he handles this on his own accord.

I’m speaking in regards for being punished by an entirely seperate Developer For something done in another game

I don’t know anything about the guy, but it seems he got banned in LoL, a non-Blizzard game.

You can see that his OW account is fairly new, because he has the OW logo as profile icon, not very sure there though.

It is outright wrong to ban/silence someone for something he might do, without actually doing it. I couldn’t care less what he has done in other games or how reformed he might be.

1 Like

Why do you care about this Tyler1? The player base of ow doesn’t benefit financially or anyway from supporting to remove the mute ban on this Tyler1.

People who post on the forum about players getting ban for toxic behavior probably are toxic or at very least promote such behavior. Blizzard banning or muting such people sends a message that such behavior won’t be tolerated. This policy of Blizzard will lock out players who are toxic and misbehave including streamers and would be pro players.

If Tyler1 weren’t toxic he wouldn’t have been muted for 10 years. But then again his stream is probably as popular as it is because of that behavior and people who watch his stream promote that behavior. Both the people who watch his streams and Tyler1 got what they deserve.

A preventative mute? That is extremely screwed up on Blizzard’s part, and a big :thinking: Also, 10 years?

Blizzard makes really poor decisions with their flawed ideologies.

Consistency from Blizzard? LOL

Yeah, my mind is hoping Blizzard will realize how their approach was poorly handled, but they won’t care unless they get criticized by many people from the front page of r/Overwatch.

2 Likes

So why is xqc’s account alive and well

If blizzard has such moral integrity, why are boosters and people banned from CSGO tournaments in the OWl

It isn’t about moral integrity, but money. At certain point the negative press out weight the gains by keeping such player. This isn’t rocket science. It happens all time in any job including other professional sports. XQC outlived his usefulness in OWL by his stupid behavior out burst.

This should be warning for people who aspire to be a pro gamer. Behave or such a player will be dealt with if said player continues to misbehave. It’s no different than any other job, but I’m guessing these streamers and pro players haven’t worked in a major corporation or for that matter held a job before.

May 3rd, 2016 is when Tyler1’s account was muted, as seen in this tweet by him right here: https://twitter.com/lol_tyler1/status/727612389705703424
But Cyx! Overwatch was released May 24th, 2016! that’s impossible!
Well, Kaplan here explains that if you had pre-ordered or pre-purchased the game, the Overwatch Open Beta had an early access period, which was May 3rd, 2016 and May 4th, 2016. & yes, Tyler did have access to the early access.
https://youtu.be/RhjeJRrCKNg?t=3m50s
So, now that we have proof that Tyler didn’t say anything wrong, do you think Blizzard was in the right for muting Tyler’s account for 10 years because he just might have said something?

1 Like

Yes actually since he’s known to be extremely toxic no matter what game he plays.

You guys are worse than XQC’s fanbase.

But unlike xqc, this guy has apparently cleaned up his act, mostly.

I’m neutral here, but the hypocrisy is real when people like xqc’s accounts are alive and well

So why did Riot unban him? :slight_smile:
I don’t know, I think I’ve put up some proof and Riot themselves unbanning Tyler1 proves that some form of reformation went through.
Just out of sheer curiosity, have you seen Tyler1’s current streams?
Sure he might rage on stream, but that’s it. Does he flame and throw? Nope, not like he used to.
Now, if he’s so toxic, I’ll ask you again… Why did Riot unban him from LoL?

Could be for the reason you’re advocating for him to not be silenced on OW. He is popular and gets views. People watching your game brings in interest, which brings new players and more money.

Not saying whether the silence or unbanning him is justified or not. Just mentioning a logical reason why he could have been unbanned that doesn’t relate to toxicity.