Torb Rework Ideas Because Well You Know

(I’m bored and like it etc etc)

Seems that Blizz is making a few changes which have been a long time coming:

• Less reliance on needing to build a turret
  • Tossable turrets
  • No Molten Core

To which I say thank god. A slow turret in need of babysitting is completely antithetical to how Overwatch actually plays, ignores the interesting mechanical potential of what a turret does, and boy is MC a bland ult. Everything but better? Come on.

That said, I’d like for them to really lean into him as a damage dealer with the crossfire potential that a turret engenders, while also having him be actually, you know, kinda viable on the higher tiers. So bearing in mind that ideas are a dime a dozen and that the odds of Blizza actually doing any of this is lol, what I’d love to see:

Overall changes:

• Smaller headshot hitbox
  • 150 health, 50 armor
  • Scrap now fills 25 per fallen enemy; max of 150

Turret changes:

• Tossable up to a few meters
  • Autobuilds/autoupgrades
  • Damage is boosted by Torb’s primary fire accuracy; hit more shots, and it gets stronger; miss more shots, and it gets weaker. Also drains over time like Zarya
  • Can be picked up and carried, slowing Torb slightly and disabling attacks until placed again. If he’s killed while moving it, it’s gone.
  • Picking up or placing down an already constructed turret is a channeled, 2 second ability
  • Weaker than turret is now, but if Torb is accurate enough, can get quite a bit more powerful
  • Gains 25+ max armor on kill, although it does not actually gain this new armor, just increases the maximum, up to a max of +100 armor.
  • 100/225 health, 50/75 armor

Gun Changes

• Primary now deals an additional 30 damage over 5 seconds; this can’t stack, but it does get refreshed with additional hits
  • Primary heals his turret for 40; requires 20 scrap
  • Secondary can now be charged to do up to 1.75x damage; charging requires scrap, up to 25
  • 10 round magazine
  • Slightly increased primary projectile drop

New Ability: Rocket Pod

• Turret launches a barrage of missiles wherever Torb’s reticle is pointing
  • Hold targeting laser to load up to 4 missiles to fire on location; loads a new missile for barrage every 0.35 seconds
  • Can fire first missile without any need to charge
  • Can load/aim missiles while using primary fire
  • Can choose to load up to 1 additional missile which requires scrap
  • Not too dissimilar to D.Vas barrage in how they’re slightly staggered, but each missile has more spread than the last
  • When on cooldown, use laser to designate a target for the turret

No more armor pack

Hammer

• Now heals armor of allies for 40 armor per swing if they have armor normally
  • Can apply an extra 25 armor to any ally per swing, up to 75. Requires 20 scrap per swing

Ult:

• Torb has 5 mortar rounds to fire and 10 seconds to select all 5 targets
  • Targetting is done by aiming at a spot on the map you want to hit and clicking the Ult key
  • Mortar rounds are fired from turret, which gains an extra 200 armor for duration of Ult
  • Turret loses armor at end of ult, but is fully healed
  • Mortars are fired upwards in long arcs, but can explode against ceilings if they’re particularly low over the turret
  • Mortar rounds make a whistling sound as they’re fired/get closer
  • Can damage Torb himself if too close

Basically: free him from needing to babysit it so close, make his primary usage more interesting and tie it all together, tone down the support side of things, and make aiming more of a point while not discounting the placement and upkeep of the turret at all ranks.

I like the following items

Turrets tossable (placeable further away than they can be now)

Smaller hit/critbox

Reduced (eliminated?) scrap collection time

Hammer changes
I like the armor repair on swing on swing, ONLY. The rest I dont like

I like your stated intent to make him babysit turret less, but I dont think your changes accomplish that well

I dont like the following items

Less reliance on turret.
Its players choice how much to rely on Turrets, and those of us without gifted aim do rely more on the turret

No Molten Core
This is iconic. Dont remove or replace

Replacement alt
see above

Picking up turret
nah, just drop another

Retention of level 1 turret
Torb should start at full power like other characters do right out of the spawn door

Gun changes
all of them. Gun just needs to use less ammo during Molten Core, but in your plan, Molten Core goes away, so…

Removal of armor packs
This is iconic

Hammer changes
I like the armor repair on swing on swing, ONLY. The rest I dont like

a bit of armor won’t save you from an arrow headshot tho, you’re merely asking to nerf heroes with pellet spread weapons.