Top 500 Season 0 Leaderboard Bug

I have noticed for several weeks now that the season 0 leaderboard is bugged since it ended over a month ago where peoples ranks are still dropping and going down. I was 198 and am now 214. Every few days when i check i have dropped a other position or two and i have no idea why this is obviously its not just me its happening to but its a very annoying bug to be happening, just wondering whether anyone else has noticed this and if it is also happening to the PC top 500s. I am top 500 on tank if that helps and Im yet to play at all this season if that may have anything to do with it.

1 Like

That is very strange I’ve only ever seen players be removed from leaderboards after the season ends. I’ve never seen players change ranks after a season ended other than to move up when a player above them is removed for whatever reason. Interestingly, last season is named season 0 only in the career profile while its named season 1 in the leaderboard screen. Anyways, I’ve added your post to my thread if you want to read more about it: Season 36 Missing Top 500 Rewards. I’ve put it under Post-Season Leaderboard shifts (Season 0).

1 Like

Its very strange, checked again today and im now 215th haha. Its a really bad bug. Ill check it out for sure i just hope this post is spotted by support before I end up dropping out of top 500 :))

1 Like

I certainly hope you don’t end up falling out of top 500, but at the same time, Blizzard has been proven willing to retroactively deny a player their top 500 rewards due to a bug with their leaderboards. I speak from experience and if you’d like, you can read all about that and way more in the post I had linked above. Also, this wasn’t mentioned anywhere in your posts but despite having your post season final rank decreasing over time, did you at least receive the top 500 rewards for that season?

Ive read through bits here and there, i hope the overwatch team find your post desperately. There’s somany issues with the game currently and hate that we all have to experience these issues! But yes, i recieved my rewards for placing Top 500 I’m just very slowly having my rank decrease roughly every week. I began taking photos when i can and also taken a couple of my friend’s rank too to see if it will also happen to him. I feel as though when i reach the last postion of GM 4 players i MAY stop dropping I hope. Only one way to find out really :frowning:

1 Like

Well, I’m glad one of us was lucky enough to receive the rewards they earned. Almost five months since I originally made that post and it seems the developers have yet to notice any of the bugs or posts I’ve listed seeing as how we still haven’t gotten any acknowledgement of these issues other than from the support team who can’t fix it. Just today, there’s another new comp bug where players are getting inaccurate reranks completely independent of the 7 win 20 loss system. It’s just such a mess. And as for your issue, it might be a bit of a hassle, I’d suggest screenshotting the entire leaderboard every once in a while and comparing it to older screenshots to look for other changes like players being added/removed, or players changing rank divisions/positions and whatnot. And yeah, I suppose only time will tell if you stop dropping ranks before you fall out of top 500. Or the devs can tell, but from the looks of things, that’s even more unlikely.

And also, I’d encourage your friends to make a post about this bug too to spread the word. Hopefully the devs notice them the more there are and I’ll be sure to add them to my list of posts on my thread as well.

The same thing is happening to me now. I was rank 392 end of season but now I am getting bumped down daily and I’m already at 449. A serious difference. The reason is that many players are double on the leaderboard and it is not alt accounts but the same account showing up twice. For instance the player ‘Cee’ is rank 59 and 60 in Americas region season 5. For some it shows their player name twice, and for others it shows it only for the top one and the bottom one is blank but you can see it is the same profile; also when you click their profile. The weird thing is that if I click the rank 59 Cee it shows rank 59 on their profile for season 5, and if I click the rank 60 Cee it shows rank 60 on their profile, but otherwise it is the exact same profile/account.

1 Like

Multiple Top 500 positions being occupied by the same account is a documented bug, but somehow, it is not listed in the Known Bugs List yet. I believe this bug is quite old, but I’ve never seen it this out of control before, there are reports of players taking up dozens of spots by themselves as well. With an issue this obvious, the Devs should have acknowledged and started working on a fix for it, but there’s nothing we can do except continuing to raise awareness of this bug. I’ve also pasted the link to your other recent comment about shifting Top 500 leaderboard placement bugs here for anyone who want to read it:

1 Like

It’s definitely out of control. I counted the duplicate accounts that are above me on my leaderboard (tank role, Americas region) to see if it explains my current drop of 57 ranks, and there are exactly 37 duplicates: 2 Luka’s, 2 Cee’s, 2 Axure’s, 2 Bananaman’s, 2 Bug6worm54’s, 2 Ajax’s, 2 Kindred’s, 2 Azali’s, 2 Demitri’s, 2 Light’s, 2 Hysteria’s, 2 Rodrigo5d’s, 2 Carn’s, 2 Cyx’s, 2 Metalysis’s, 2 Cyn’s, 2 Aquatic’s, 2 Faded’s, 2 Solo’s, 2 Hawks, 2 Tevetron’s, 2 Greetings, 2 Getquakedon’s, 2 Zarbua’s, 2 Chaseyy’s, 2 Subfarts, 2 Remy’s, 2 Cat’s, 2 YYUIO’s, 2 Leo’s, 2 Farzan’s, 2 Anchor’s, 2 Bless’s, 2 Infectious’s, 2 Maranata’s, 2 LHCloudy’s, 2 Salt’s.

There’s no way these accounts have all been merged or banned. Many of them are known players.

37 duplicates would mean I should be at least (37/2 = 18.5, so) 18 or 19 ranks higher as my final rank. That still doesn’t explain the full drop of 57 ranks.

Below me, there are at least 3 more duplicates: 2 Ike’s, 2 Garchomps and 2 Ohprojects. And the leaderboard ends at rank 493, not 500. Is that normal? Europe’s and Asia’s leaderboards also don’t have the full 500 players but end at 488 and 481 respectively in the tank role.

I made a separate thread for this issue here:

1 Like