Season 5 leaderboard bugged (dozens of duplicate accounts)

The leaderboard for season 5 is bugged. I dropped from top 392 end of season to top 449 (so far; it’s still dropping daily) after the season was already over because of duplicate accounts on the leaderboard. This bug affects all regions.

It’s not just about losing the title; it’s also about what my final rank shows on my career profile. My profile said: “Final rank: 392; Season high: 392” after the season ended. Now it says: “Final rank: 449; Season high: 392”. That’s not a correct or fair reflection of the rank I actually achieved. Sadly I only have a screenshot of when I was rank 438 on the leaderboard. I took the screenshot because I was so perplexed that my rank had changed so much after the season had ended.

This can’t be normal: there are dozens of duplicate players on the leaderboards. By duplicate I mean the same exact account showing up a second time 1 rank below the first time. Why would there be even a single duplicate? Makes no sense.

I counted the duplicate accounts that are above me on my leaderboard (tank role, Americas region) to see if it explains my current drop of 57 ranks, and there are exactly 37 duplicates: 2 Luka’s, 2 Cee’s, 2 Axure’s, 2 Bananaman’s, 2 Bug6worm54’s, 2 Ajax’s, 2 Kindred’s, 2 Azali’s, 2 Demitri’s, 2 Light’s, 2 Hysteria’s, 2 Rodrigo5d’s, 2 Carn’s, 2 Cyx’s, 2 Metalysis’s, 2 Cyn’s, 2 Aquatic’s, 2 Faded’s, 2 Solo’s, 2 Hawks, 2 Tevetron’s, 2 Greetings, 2 Getquakedon’s, 2 Zarbua’s, 2 Chaseyy’s, 2 Subfarts, 2 Remy’s, 2 Cat’s, 2 YYUIO’s, 2 Leo’s, 2 Farzan’s, 2 Anchor’s, 2 Bless’s, 2 Infectious’s, 2 Maranata’s, 2 LHCloudy’s, 2 Salt’s.

There’s no way these accounts have all been merged or banned. Many of them are known players.

37 duplicates would mean I should be at least (37/2 = 18.5, so) 18 or 19 ranks higher as my final rank. That still doesn’t explain the full drop of 57 ranks.

Below me, there are at least 3 more duplicates: 2 Ike’s, 2 Garchomps and 2 Ohprojects. And the leaderboard ends at rank 493, not 500. Is that normal? Europe’s and Asia’s leaderboards also don’t have the full 500 players but end at 488 and 481 respectively in the tank role.

At this rate, I might not be on the leaderboard anymore in a while. This is quite frustrating because I worked hard for my rank and not only did I not receive the top 500 player icon I thought was still earnable, but as icing on the cake my real final placing is also being diminished to a lower rank. This is also showing up on my career profile; not just the leaderboard. I really hope the leaderboard and my final rank on my career profile will be fixed to reflect my true ranking.

Here is a link to my original comment about this: Top 500 Season 0 Leaderboard Bug - #8 by LoTheDemon-2546

And here is the comp bugs megathread by Azdyph: The Competitive Bugs Megathread - #510 by LoTheDemon-2546

2 Likes

You are not alone in experiencing this bug. I’ve linked the competitive bugs megathread at the bottom of this post, which archives and documents almost every competitive bug. I put your thread under: Not Appearing On Leaderboards (Season 5). Please help in spreading the word about this megathread and other related threads, we must demand the Developers to give us the rewards we rightfully earned.

1 Like

Replying to bump, because not only is this upsetting but a huge issue that has been left unfixed for weeks.

1 Like

Yah I ened 95 in season 4 dps Eu but i also had the 96 spot too and the 97. Its werid why that happens i think its because if u do any more games and go up it fills the spots.

1 Like

this bug is still present :slight_smile:
season 9