Tone down Doomfist please

Caps at 260 dps from the cannon alone.
Also there are ways of countering him to avoid the stuns… Just pick Pharah.

That’s possible only when the entire enemy team decides to ignore Doomfist. I’d like to see you try to 1v6 as Doomfist all by yourself, and I already know what’s going to happen. He has the worst KD ratio for a reason.

I bet from your pov, when you see a Doomfist get so many kills it looks so easy right?

And no clear counter besides Sombra, who basically counters everyone though.

2 Likes

Hello again nicegenji.

Can’t tell you how often that happens.

Pharah, Reaper, Sombra, Zarya (the bubbles are a nightmare), Moira can evade him, Tracer…

There’s a few.

Anyone with stuns counters him. That would include
Roadhog
McCree
Brigitte
Sombra (hack)
Orisa (Halt)
Those are all that come to mind currently.

I mean if you want to get technical, the only hard counters to Doom are Pharah and Sombra, as you can usually outperform the entire roster if you play him right.

Then again, I play Doom in plat, so I rarely see a Sombra, and the enemies are usually too scared to play Pharah as I queue with a hitscan main and two supports

Pretty sure his RP actually does 100DMG instantly with no charge up(If you on a map with walls, or random crap on the ground, which is all of them)
So if he entered the battle with a decent slam you dead instantly to the zero charge time RP.

Thats why the good ones are so devastating, its a stunlock and then instant death with no apparent counterplay except to not be where he is attacking.
Even stunning him isnt great because he is already flying around, the stun doenst hold him still so he isnt an easy target like most all other stunned targets.

It’s weird how the scaling works, as the contact damage goes from 50-100, and the wall damage from 50-200. Also, most random crap doesn’t count as an entity for him to crush enemies against, and most just bounce off. Most notably, the car rims on King’s Row.

Best way to avoid it is by hanging around a ledge. Most common dive targets for Doomfist is snipers and Ana, who can avoid his entire combo simply by jumping off the edge of a roof, making him redundant. Alternatively, mid combo, use your Hanzo “Eh” ability or Mercy’s guardian angel, throws off any sort of combo.

Yeah I guess people in this forum agree avoiding a character isnt countering.

He also moves around a lot and so isnt an easy target for a slow projectile.

Pharah counters brig, but DF? At best its a stalemate unless the pharah is a lot better then the DF.

But can he do 396DMG with it in 1 second?

You are not saying they cap his headshot damage, right?

I’m talking about a single use of hand cannon between ability uses, do they really cap his headshot damage from 3 shots to 260DMG?
What if he lands the fourth shot too? Still capped?

Rising Uppercut should lock targets into its parabolic arc until the target has either touched solid ground OR X amount of time has passed (ideally somewhere around the 2 second mark). Having Rising Upper force you into a movement until you land on the ground again feels helpless at times, especially while playing Lucio.

From the killed perspective it almost seems impossible to avoid, ala no counterplay.
Even stuns favor his mobility. (I play a lot of brig, and his CC is much better then hers)

Doom’s extremely susceptible to burst, due to his unforgiving hitbox, and he has no method of dealing with Pharah unless he’s on specific maps with an ultimate. And that’s one kill.

I messed up there, I mistook Doomfist’s firerate as being the same as Junkrat’s, lol.

Doomfist’s counter IS avoiding him sadly. Using the map to your advantage is one of the best ways to deal with him, as staying on the ground leaves you susceptible to his combos, and not watching flanks, and callouts, allows a Doom to walk through you.
He is fast, but he’s a glass cannon. If he hits, he hits extremely hard. If he misses and messes up, he’s about as useful as a chocolate teapot.

Mcree maybe, but Brig cant do 300 DMG in 1 second(The duration of her stun)
Especially when the DF is still flying around during it.
After 1 sec he gains even more shields.

At my rank, expecting my DPS to be able to hit him as he yo yos around like Genji on crack isnt reasonable.

All that said, even as a support main, I just find him annoying and overloaded a bit, I am not crying for his nerfs, but I also wouldnt be opposed to them on principle, done in a fair manner.

Lots of nerfs suggested in here, but really any one of them would possibly be enough to provide a smidge of counterplay.

Ah ha, found it.
You see, as a Doom main talking to a support main, you guys have it really hard. He can really thrive off of you if you’re playing literally any support that isn’t Moira and Brig. Ana and Zen are pushovers, Mercy is free, and Lucio might as well uninstall. He ruins all of them, simply because the playstyle of DPS heroes doesn’t allow for the supports to survive a Doomfist, and most Zarya’s aren’t quick enough to allow you to survive.

Only advice I can give you is get to know a Zarya main, and play infront of them, but behind a Rein. your best way of surviving is letting Zarya take the brunt of the damage from him, or being bubbled when he dives you.

Just play Mei. She slows the game down for you and also completely negates doomfist until you oops someone into that wall.

Then you get doomfist on your team and have him punch into your walls.

If your DPS players are unable to kill him at your rank, then it’s an equally fair statement to say that the Doomfist at your rank is also underperforming, as we’ve already stated you can’t learn this character in a day, he’s extremely difficult.
Maybe McCree players at your rank can’t deal with him, but he does delete DF.
Brig is an interesting matchup, whereas if you can’t kill her immediately, DF is susceptible to being widled down by her, she does have self-healing after all.

Adding to that further; you have to completely change up your play style if you want to render a Doom useless. Wedging your important supports BETWEEN your tanks (Dva can absorb his shots which do the damage, Zarya can bubble, Hog can hook him out of it), whilst letting stun/burst based DPS cover flanks makes him worthless.

Mei can survive the 1v1 usually, but keeping supports alive? She isn’t great at it.

Do Zarya bubbles prevent his displacements?
I havent played her for a while but I thought they made her bubbles still take boop?

But you right, I play a lot of Moira and she isnt bothered by DF really at all unless he gets a lucky RP on her while she is otherwise occupied.

But as Brig he still ruins her day, negates her shield, positions her where her healing is reduced to nil, out classes her stun, etc, lol.

As the moira pick at least i can put some pressure on him, but its nothing if he is landing abilities.

I just like these discussions.

To keep your supports alive as Mei, you must be within spray distance of your support friend(s) as much as humanly possible. To say “at all times” would be detrimental to the benefit of your team, because after you remove the flanking threat it’s your duty to freeze something else on the enemy team, or troll them with a wall, or use that wall to give your Ana/Mercy/Moira/Zen cover to heal from.