Tone down Doomfist please

Call me crazy but stuns on low cooldowns shouldnt be a thing in a game like Overwatch. Now couple that with 2 other movement-lock abilities and you got yourself a hero thats about as frustrating to play against as Brigitte. I’ll admit, he’s not easy to play. But even for the skill necessary he feels a lil’ too good at the moment. Maybe it would be enough to increase Rocket Punch’s cooldown. Or giving Uppercutted targets more control over their movement in the air. I dont know exactly what to change without making him a garbage hero again. All I know is that even if I pick his counters he will still make me wanna quit Overwatch and switch to a game that doesnt try its best to be anti-fun.

Just to be clear, I dont want him to be trash again. I think its good to have high risk, high reward heros. All Im asking for are slight nerfs that hopefully even-out his seemingly too powerful kit.

Let the hate rain down upon me

89 Likes

i ThInk wE SHouLD bUfF hIM

18 Likes

Be careful. You’re being rational about Doomfist!

24 Likes

but he’s finally good ._.

15 Likes

Or, now hear me out on this… we could make Roadhog, Sombra, and Bastion actually good.

31 Likes

Agree a one shot mobile stun ability is a bit much at 4 seconds especially knowing he can basically juggle some characters with his kit maybe the punch cooldown should be raised slightly, also roadhog which i would say is doomfists best counter is in a bad spot currently maybe a roadhog damage buff is needed to counter doom more

5 Likes

Dont get me wrong. I dont want Blizzard to send him back to garbage tier. Hes a high skillceiling hero thats actually rewarding if played well. Something this game is in dire need of. I just think he might be a tad bit too strong in capable hands.

Wtb Doomfist tank rework.

1 Like

From my experience, I don’t get rocket punch’d often because it’s often used as an escape ability.

However, having your movement completely locked when he uppercuts you is trash - but the problem is, I know why that is. Otherwise, the move itself becomes trash.

His entire design is problematic…

21 Likes

Just make his passive only give health on kill and not on ability damage and hes probably fine. Or just tone it down.

2 Likes

I’m not going to rain down fire and brimstone on your head, but I got a proposition. How about we make his counters viable first?

7 Likes

The reason I’d rather see “OP” heros nerfed instead of their counters buffed is because of powercreep. If we were to buff his counters theres a risk of turning those into problematic heros themselves. Imagine Reaper or Roadhog suddenly get buffs to deal with Doomfist. But they wouldnt just become stronger against Doomfist. They would become stronger overall and we’d risk having another overtuned tankbuster. Which is about the last thing we need right now.

10 Likes

And I thought you said you wanted him to get a buff

1 Like

Eh, I changed my mind.

A 10% damage increase wouldn’t break hog

I mean, Blizz could try that approach (buffing Dooms counters). Personally I just think the easiest way would be slightly nerfing Doom himself without risking any overbuffs to already (mostly) balanced heros.

Balance should be based around GM as top down balance is the most logical way of doing balance.
Doomfist this month has a 3.86 percent pickrate in gm, which is extremely healthy, the 4th highest DPS pickrate in GM. He actually has the third highest in gm this week, very close to second place Widowmaker.

HIs winrate, wow. This month he has the third highest winrate, with the only heroes above him Torbjorn and Mei with a fraction of a pickrate (tiny, they have below 1 percent pickrates). Infact it’s much higher than Brig’s. Once again, this week it follows the same pattern.

Healthy pickrate, stupidly high winrate. Tone him down.

Infact, some days this week he’s had above a 60 percent winrate in GM with a very healthy pickrate.

It’s pretty simple to nerf him. Revert his buffs.

I FORGOT TO MENTION; his kit is awful to play against, sorry but it’s worse than ironclad unkillable Bastion.

12 Likes

So how should we tone him down without making him go back to F tier again

1 Like

If they want to Nerf anything they should revert his shields. It was a buff that only increased his already severely high skill ceiling. Shield stacking is only an issue when the DF is good. A bad DF won’t ever reach 400 HP.

The rich get richer with that buff

But still. Give hog some damage back

5 Likes

The entire reason he has such excessive mobility is because he is a melee ranged charcter.

But even so, his gun is just as effective as Reaper’s anywhere beyond 7 meters. And more effective at 12+ meters.
Really, go into the practice range. Compare the range of both.
And keep in mind, Doomfist also has an arsenal of CC and damaging abilities. And gets effective health from dealing damage just like Reaper. But also has some of the best mobility in the game.

3 Likes