Tone down Doomfist please

Play doomfist you obviously don’t know this hero. He’s not that powerful, he has a ton of counters, his ult is dumb, yes he can kill zen and Ana or who ever isn’t paying attention or isn’t good.
When you’re sick of doomfist switch or have some one on your team switch to pharah, he has no way to counter her, hanzo all of doomfists moves move in straight predictable lines one or two arrows destroy him and storm arrow destroys everything, Mcree all of doomfists moves put him in range of the stun a stunned doomfist is a dead doomfist, sombra doomfist relies entirely on his abilities a hacked doomfist is a dead doomfist, brig no doomfist does not counter brig just uninstall if you get countered by doomfist as brig a stunned doomfist is a dead doomfist, roadhog he just has a ton of health and doomfist can’t kill him reliably p, mei it’s slightly risky but a good mei can ruin doomfist’s day as all her abilities stop his if you time them right. Junk rat can kill him through damage or just stop him with the trap all of doom fists moves move in straight predictable lines all you have to do is drop the trap in the path. Bastion in turret form destroys doomfist.

1 Like

But his mobility is taken away by his combos.

Yesterday I got killed exiting spawn on Oasis. I watched the kill cam. Fist took the bouncy pad -> rocket punched to the outer wall -> slid up the wall -> slid down the wall -> Seismic me from no where for 125, which ends up being a one shot combo. There are no sound warnings for this sort of thing. Meanwhile McCree has footsteps you can hear halfway across the map.

I don’t like being one shot, but I can deal with it, if it is avoidable. Doomfist jumping on my head from 30m in the air is not.

4 Likes

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm go to PC, this week and go to GM, there he is slightly under Widowmaker. Just hope Blizzard nerf him down before he becomes a must pick you know.

fist that’s overebuff stats my stats are omnic meta which have two different data . also this is a tank meta anyways genji tracer and widow only dps on ladder with any impact. doom fist like brig is stron but isn’t the best hero class.

So the consensus here is that he’s so hard to use but once you do know how to use him, he’s too strong?
This is what we in gaming like to call a “high skill, high reward” hero.

He’s fine. His ult bothers me a bit, but his base kit is literally perfect right now.

Even for high skill heros theres a point at which the reward outweighs the skill necessary to reach said reward. And I believe Doomfist has past that point.

2 Likes

I’ve been asking for Doomfist to have a rework for ages. People, including Blizzard it seems, refuse to acknowledge how powerful he can actually be. This “high risk, high reward” is just bullcrap. There’s no Hero that can with certainty take out Doomfist. There’s no “true counter” to Doomfist, the way most Heroes got a counter. And no, Sombra is not a true counter. If anything it’s Pharah, but even then Doomfist can 1v1 a Pharah.

As well as a Doomfist is easier to master than a Pharah. A Pharah also need to predict their rockets. And even if someone plays Pharah, a second DPS in the Doomfist’s team can just pick hitscan. But what can Pharah’s team do then? Since a Widow can headshot a Winston or do some great body damage, he’s almost dead unless he get the Widow by surprise, but most map designs do not allow that. And Winston’s damage is just too low to properly deal with that, especially if a Doomfist is around. A Doomfist can single-handedly take out most tanks as well, including Winston. And he just gains shields too, giving himself HP.

Doomfist strongly needs a rework, not to make him crap-tier, but at least playable against. Especially with all these bugs around charge-abilities. Doomfist can literally Rocket Punch enemies through walls.

3 Likes

You got a clip? Doomfist rocket punch doesn’t have it’s huge hitbox anymore

Im going to get some hate for this, but I think nerfing his hand cannon would solve the problem.

Seriously, that thing does insane damage. I’ve been two-shot by his gun alone a couple times before. Just go to the practice range and see how much damage it can do. He can out-damage a lot of dps with his gun

Damn, Doomfist gettin the Tracer/Genji/Widow/Hanzo treatment here now

Not at all. The last buff they gave him was the final one he needed to be in a great spot for his role (the increase to his shield gain from abilities). Since then they haven’t touched him, and wherever he’s useful, he’s used, even at the lower ranks. I believe that him being in a good, balanced position is what’s causing him to look like a hero that’s “too powerful” when compared to the rest of the cast that either has hard counters to the current meta or are simply weaker.

Happened me while playing the 4v4 Arcade gamemode like 2 days ago. No clip though.

EDIT: I think I didn’t get any clip at least.

Speech 100 20 caract

Literally any more than one of those implemented at one time would cause him to drop down to garbage tier as he relies heavily on ALL of those to be viable at all.

The idea is that only CC heroes have to suffer playing against CC.

I think you may have had a ping issue such as you walking around a corner on your screen but not theirs. Because his Rocket Punch doesn’t go through walls. Also, the rest of your comment is inaccurate. A player who is more skilled is going to beat people who are less skilled. It’s not the hero.

This sounds like yet another good reason to trash his entire design, and start anew.

but then rein wouldnt get any anti cc.