Tone down Doomfist please

The hitbox size is fair. If you really think it’s that big then go see if you can punch someone that’s standing behind that black car on Kings Row

1 Like

It is fair, but it’s also what made him more consistent, and is therefore a big factor as to what made him more prevalent.

yeah his kit is the problematic thing , combine with his dmg output ,stunt,lock and escape mechanics you have a overwhelming hero like brigg he needs a rework enterely

3 Likes

The introduction of Brig influenced his viability a lot more than any buff or bug fix did.

1 Like

The reason he’s a problem now and wasnt like 3 months ago is because of all the bugfixes and therefore more consistent results.

Which then ultimately leads us to a lot of skilled players spending the - now rewarding - effort into learning him. And thats all fine. Its just … now that we see his true potential on a grand scale it turns out he might be a bit too strong.

1 Like

Or brig was introduced which K.O’d 2 of his counters and made it harder for them to secure kills due to armor so they got played less. She also complimented his playstyle more so than any of the other supports. Ana being the 2nd wasn’t played up until the recent Mercy nerfs.

I was 100+ hours into Doom when isinner made that post and I didn’t know about the overwhelming majority of those bugs and I was still able to play him on a high level.

What I did notice is Tracer not in every single game trying to spawn camp me next to a Genji doing an ez 140 dmg on his dash combo ontop of whatever sniper or zarya bubble or whatever else they were running.

I can only speak from my perspective so I could be wrong. Maybe +5 shields that decay before you actually get to use them was actually the tipping point for the bulk of the community. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Obligatory reminder that Uppercut and Slam have no stun capabilities you can still shoot, use abilities, etc

1 Like

Sombra is actually good though… Even towing the line on OP and balanced.

How is she on the towing of Overpowered, if you just said that she is also on the towing line of balance?

Anyways, yes Sombra is good, but she is still not as effective when it comes to her utilities, as I said before Doomfist abilities does in deed breaks Sombra’s Hack majority of the times.

That and the fact that the meta now is literally 2-3 heroes that Doomfist counters (Ana, Zen, etc) and people don’t want to switch.

Doomfist’s gun is just as good if not better than Reaper’s for two reasons:

1. At least 1 pellet is guaranteed to land in the center of the screen with the crosshair, unlike Reaper (and roadhog, as a matter of fact), making headshots very consistent. As of now Doomfist’s hand cannon is the only shotgun in the game to have this trait.
  2. Doomfist’s gun simply has no damage falloff beyond just spread. It can still do viable damage at medium range assuming he headshots.
1 Like

In GM on PS4, Doomfist only has 42% of his PC pickrate.

I lived with immortal Bastion for a month on PS4; no way is Doomfist worse than that. Doomfist actually requires skill to use, which mostly protects people in the middle of the SR bell curve. Plus, he’s, you know, killable.

1 Like

Doomfist is such a odd hero in my opinion, he can get killed almost easily due to his huge hitbox, which is fine tbh. His cooldowns is his biggest con, no cooldown reset, no 2nd uppercut. His survivability questionable (no way to escape when you use all of his abilties). I don’t even know wth blizzard’s idea with doomfist. Whenever I watch chipsa or bandito, they play him weird yet they die more due to his cooldowns (Best defense just decays way faster when being shot by multiple enemies). Doomfist probably does more damage, although I rather see him do maybe less damage with rocket punch but more reliant on his combos (giving him one more uppercut). I love how hes inspired by one of the fighting video games.

Let me ask this question: What makes Doomfist rewarding?

Deal but I still want that set movement arc completely removed

It’s his ability to kill people, without them being able to do anything against it.

1 Like

All I want is for uppercut not to lock your movement until you hit the ground. It needs some sort of timer, like 2 seconds, where it wears off. I hate how easy that ability is to use.

2 Likes

How to tune Doomfist:

1. Fix his Jump + Rocket Punch (it affords him too much mobility)
  2. Rework ult to be more like wrecking ball pile driver and doesn’t kill 200hp heroes right away, while offering some utility to team fights and increasing DF survivability.
  3. Fix his hitbox (half of his head from the back doesn’t result in a crit) - which is why you end up wiffing some crits on him as Mccree when he slams.

As far as buffing his counters go… lets please not go there.
They do the same thing as doomfist only on a lesser scale. Last thing I want is a meta consisting of Doomfist, Oneshot-Hog, Sombra and Stun/FTH Mccree.

2 Likes

How about you just stop picking Reinhardt and you won’t end up splattered against the wall.

I know how much you want to hold down left click along with your little brigitte while having your W key taped down, but you’re quite the easy target for a good ole fisting.

It might not stun, but for heros without mobility its a 2 second movement lock. I can remember dying to just one uppercut because I slowly went off an edge without being able to do anything about it. It’s not a stun, yes. But it locks you in a very predictable trajectory which makes it very easy for either Doom to land his other abilities or other enemys to dump theirs into you.

That alone wouldn’t be as bad if it wasn’t for the fact Doom has 3 of those movement-lock abilities (one even Stuns). You run around and out of nothing it goes like:

gets pulled back “What? Oh no, Doomfist!”

gets punched upwards “Where am I? Where’s Doomfist!?”

Rocket Punched into whatever direction “Please God let there be no walls wherever this might take me”

And if this happened several times a round it becomes unnecessarily frustrating.

5 Likes

But not liking to have your movement totally taken away in a video game, and either get CC-juggled or oneshot is TOTALLY subjective, didn’t you know? Some people like to get stunned constantly and not actually engage in a back and forth fight, so “unfun” isn’t a valid reason for nerfing him! /s