Todays devs response to powercreep is Heartbreaking

They gave up on the game a loooong time ago. So many basic problems they’ve never even fixed or will admit exist. They don’t care. As long as streamers and higher level players keep feeding them $$$ for new accounts they don’t give a crap about the game.
Now in a few months they’ll pat themselves on the back for Overwatch 2 and all the money we’ll shell out for it, forgetting how bad they let this one get. Money, money, money.

4 Likes

but project A wont have Winston :frowning: or the strategy inherent in 2-2-2 and blizzard’s map design.

it does look fun but it also looks like its going to be all DPS which is cool but a different game completely.

I love strategy games as much as I love FPS games so Overwatch is like… the one game for me.

it just sucks that they ruined the game to cater to bad players.

This if thoses guy just want a classic shooter just play CS GO for free, and give less q times for others.

2 Likes

you know its possible to like Overwatch BECAUSE its not a traditional shooter but ALSO want actually being good at the game to matter.

what do you mean no updates or patches? you are getting ow 2 in 1-2 years!you want new heroes or basically any kind of balancing? loooool just wait for ow2 its gonna have pve!

Thank you so much for your reply. I think what you said as follow-ups are very reasonable and we would love to hear more insights from the balance team and work together in civil discussion to reach the same understanding.

I just have one more question - what is the direction of balancing for the most controversial heroes like soldier and genji? From your previous posts you made it sound like you think they are in a good spot because they have high pick / win rates, which is drastically different from what most people experience in the actual game play. I think there are a lot of people who truly enjoy playing these two heroes out there who reacted most negatively to your first two comments. Do you think anything would be done to them or the general meta to ensure that non-burst DPS and mobile DPS would feel good to play again one day? The reason these two heroes become completely obsolete is due to the exact reason you listed - increase in raw healing output and new heroes/mechanics (namely cc). I think it would be amazing if you could address the balancing direction on these two heroes again.

2 Likes

Naaa Nahhh NAAHHH FAM!

4 post from the devs in one day?!?! I think i am gonna have a freaking heart attack dude!!

Thank you so much OW devs!!

2 Likes

i’ll be real, i commend this guy for not just dropping one comment and leaving. this is the most interaction we’ve gotten all year

9 Likes

Josh, i know this might seem unreasonable but can you guys think about decreasing the delay until sleepdart actually leaves the gun, sometimes i still get killed but i hear the sleepdart coming out, but well it’s not really. Thanks for all the talks with community. <3

Josh,

I do not envy your position. There are many voices in our large virtual community. There’s a 0% chance you will make us all happy and entice us to keep playing the game we love to hate and hate to love. I appreciate the feedback your giving and hope you continue to do the challenging task of keeping the game fresh and chaotic! The way I see the game is like rock, paper, scissors, Spock. And you have 31 different ways (or flavors like Baskin Robbins?) to go about it! Please continue to engage with us! It gives some of us something to look forward to…

2 Likes

Delusional Blizzard is going to be bankrupt soon.

2 Likes

Josh, outside of power creep itself are we going to see changes to some of the heroes that have ‘fun’ issues when playing/playing against them? The Mei’s, Moira’s, Bapts Immort Field, etc? (I did notice some changes are coming to Mei and Bapt in this regard) But, just your thoughts on trying to make a hero fun to play would be cool to hear! Crowd Control has been a hot topic as well as Supports being geared more toward DPS without weaknesses(Bapt, Moira, etc).

I personally think you described it perfectly. The forums tend to make a storm out of a rain drop.

8 Likes

So Orisa, Baptiste and Mei feel more like a shooter. So therefore they feel more like Overwatch than GOATs.

Ummmm ok. I think Overwatch feels like Overwatch when things die at a medium pace, not too fast or too slow. The general TTK is more important to me than shooting things.

1 Like

The OW team may have done away with GOATS but the concept of the third tank is simply being supplemented by Mei or Reaper. It’s really not fun to play against Mei for tanks. I can deal with it while playing Orisa, but Mei SIGNIFICANTLY changes the game flow when the character is present. This basically means Orisa is the only truly optimal answer to Mei due to her ability to resist Mei’s CC and threatening zone control or stall abilities.

Mei when paired with an OHKO or one hit knock out, handles all the aspects of tanking that can’t be tanked, and the secondary DPS handles removal of characters in one shot. This player’s job is to also kill the Mei, due to it being very difficult for the tanks to remove Mei when paired with a strong tank duo.

It’s become 2 tank 1 quasi tank, 1 dps, 2 healer. This is more similar to GOATS than it should be. It’s also very oppressive to most of the tanks just having a Mei present.

For example Roadhog can’t really play against a Sigma/Orisa/Mei due to Mei’s moveset being so oppressive to Roadhog, with the other two tanks having enough barrier to prevent Roadhog from landing hooks or doing anything remotely close to useful the majority of the time. Which is fine against any other DPS. I wouldn’t mind this against any other DPS, even Reaper. Sure hog can soften up and kill Mei. Though all it takes for Mei to soften up hog, is to hold left click and catch his big toe with a little ice.

Orisa is the only tank that works with Roadhog against a Mei + Sig/Orisa.

Are you seeing the pattern here?

Reinhardt can work with Zarya against Mei. Sigma + Orisa is considerably better however, due to the double barrier preventing the OHKO hits from contacting the supports and YOUR Mei.

3 Likes

According to overbuff, symmetra is the 24th hero in term of winrate.

When they mean “viable” they mean that the hero can be played and win games, not that they are doing good or are not getting outshined

5 Likes

Don’t you agree certain heroes have been overnerfed though? Symmetra was nerfed 1 too many times as was Brigitte. Certain heroes were never OP before. People just hadn’t learned counter strategies yet.

1 Like

Several people are typing…

brigitte was ‘‘op’’ in goats. goats is no more, so why not revert some of the nerfs? not only on her but on all the goats heroes like lucio

1 Like

I think many heroes were changed unnecessarily, while many were nerfed simply because they were too strong.

Sym’s nerfs were in the entirely wrong places. Her primary fire damage should have been left alone, the range extended, the width tightened, and the ULT CHARGE nerfed.

Brig’s early state could have been adjusted and fixed with a simple patch to the stacking armor, due to a CONSIDERABLY LATER BUG discovered that showed she had a massive stacking armor bug. It was so bad that they had to rework her.

1 Like