To everyone against 2-2-2 in comp

Why don’t you just play quick play. That’s the meta there anyways ?

12 Likes

The problem with forced 2-2-2 is that you can pick really awful support/tank combos and you lock everyone else out from having a decent team.

Imagine having Zen + Brig to support 2 tanks, it won’t be nice.

20 Likes

Imagine having Dva/Zen + 4 DPS. That’s how it is now. :slightly_smiling_face:

41 Likes

I want the option to play GOATs in Comp

I think No Limits is a better answer than 222

I think a Player Directory (i.e. a reverse LFG) is a better answer than 222

I think Guilds and a separate ladder for 6 stacks is a better answer than 222

9 Likes

How about…

• 2AnyHero-2Tank-2Heal optional RoleQueue, matchmakered against 6AnyHero Queue, with the option to unlock roles for the RoleQueue with 4 votes.
  • AccountMerging instead of RoleBasedSR.
  • 2HealerMaximum for OWL/Contenders with no other limitations.

If you get bad Tanks/Healers, your 2AnyHero slots can go Tank or Healer.
If you are lacking in damage, you got damage options in the Tanks/Healer roles.

1 Like

I get your point, but at least everyone else has the option of picking a good team.

As long as damage class one tricks get forced to play as tanks and supports and vice versa because they wanted the 222 forced comp then sure.

If you’re advocating forcing people how to play you should also follow the rules that you preach.

4 Likes

i thought you were being sarcastic and then it hit me…
no limits? really? were you there when there was actually no limits in comp? it was the most cancerous thing ever…

2 Likes

That’s the thing tho people who wanna be DPS can still be dps it’s just now they’ll have tanks and healers on their team too

Plus with the horrible team comps going around I am “forced” to go roles I don’t wanna go so we aren’t completely throwing.

1 Like

Because you can still be competitive without 2-2-2 IT’s not the only way.

8 Likes

“not 2-2-2” does not mean “0-5-1”

there are a lot of viable comps other than 2-2-2.
1-4-1
3-2-1(all the variants)
3-3
4-0-2

and there is also the other problems like:

• Teamwork wont magically become better with forced 2-2-2
  • the match quality wont get better. the only difference is that the match will have different heroes.
  • DPS queue times will sky rocket to 20+ minutes for just one match(and I dont even wanna begin to think about how long the dps queue will become in high ranks)

^^this

if you cant kill me, you are simply too slow!

Matt

8 Likes

The fact we are against locked 2-2-2 does not mean we are against 2-2-2 overall.
We are fighting for pick freedom, not blocking anything.

9 Likes

I was not there. But No Limits is doable imho. it’s just easier to balance without it, but it is possible

1 Like

Role based SR alone will make match quality better, and it wont just mean “we will have different heroes” it means we will have a higher chance of balanced comps which in turn will make match quality more consistent/enjoyable for each role simultaneously

3 Likes

Atleast it would be 222, not 3-6 dps.

Now imagine Dva+Zen+1 Tank and 1 Support who can’t do their job so they DPS in those roles anyways +2 actual DPS. Because that’s what you’re going to get. And then the influx of “WhY iS tHeRe So MaNy BaD tAnKs AnD sUpPoRtS nOw?” threads will happen and people will forget that others warned them of that.

2 Likes

2/2/2 is a trash comp for most of the ladder. The tank synergy just isn’t there.

3 Likes

so nobody out of 6 people wanted a decent team comp? :slight_smile:
Sounds like you’re part of the problem then.

3 Likes

I play a lot of tank or support. My personal opinion is forced 2-2-2 is going to lead to a LOT of reports every game. You will see Moira dps players often. Attack mercy often. If you are support or tank you’ll get hanzo and widow as your dps. Oh and toxicity will go thru the roof. I may be wrong, however all that want 2-2-2 don’t want to use lfg to get it so it is what it is.

3 Likes