Tired of "Its just QP"

We will win cp lol, it’s an incentive to win.

OP has a valid point, and this is unlikely to be fixed.

The reason is conflicting purposes.

One is, a mode where the team tries to win. Another is to provide a game where people can try things that hurt the chance to win.

If you make it more costly to lose, you take away the role of ‘go try a new character’ or other things where winning isn’t much of an issue.

If you don’t, people will use it for ‘fun’ purposes where winning is less important.

It’s a bit like asking people, ‘want to play chess with people who just make bad moves and don’t care about winning?’ Not a lot of fun.

there’s competitive and there QP, therefore QP isn’t competitive ; which means it’s the place to derp around and test. no?

arcade isn’t a good place to practice anything. it’s like starcraft custom games…

Make a tryhard LFG and tryhard with other tryhards.

Don’t get too mad at solo q. There’s tryhards around; you just gotta look for them.

No, but I’m not always gonna hold down the Run button or even jump on that goomba for the points. Sometimes I just wanna chill, walk to the side, and eventually hit that flag before the timer runs out.

In a similar vein, in Comp it feels like every bit of distance matters (it really doesn’t because each point is worth 2 team fights or 3 minutes of an unkillable @#$*show lmao), but in QP I play only to win the map no matter how many checkpoints we lose because the mirror match is a separate Win/Lose scenario. I KNOW that defender advantage kicks in in the final 30-40% of each checkpoint so I’m more than willing to yield hella distance or even half the map in QP and it usually works out because we have the reinforcements. It’s a different mindset in QP and comp for sure. If you have everyone tryharding all the time in this game, it results in SEVERE burnout which causes a whole host of problems for you and your team. Some people have a hard time coming to terms that literally not every single lobby in this game is winnable. Some people have also learned to blame and/or hate themselves for any loss. QP allows for a no-pressure environment to comfort pick and do you.

I have enough experience playing this game to know what I’m talking about, but take my opinions with a grain of salt because not everyone views the win conditions the same way as I do.

Surprisingly, leaving voice chat helps a lot on american servers because we’re a chatty bunch and if you’re trying too hard to listen and chat then you’re not trying hard enough to win the lobby.

Yet another option is to find a friend in high diamond or low masters and then Join on their games or team q with them until you figure out how to play in diamond lobbies then you’ll just generally get high plat/diamond lobbies in QP where people know how to play in the same direction and generally work together towards a common goal.

No, competitive has all sorts of ridiculous additions that we don’t want (no backfill being a big one). It should be pretty simple to try and win.

Tonight there was a reaper and junkrat as DPS getting absolutely murdered by a Pharah. As in, they didn’t kill anyone except with one riptire because of course the flying hero just wrecked our whole team. They gave the whole “iTs quiCkplay!” line. Reported, and move on. When they do that enough, they’ll get a smack on the wrist. Since Blizzard doesn’t want to use human intervention, use the automated system against them.

If backfill were available in comp I’d be in low diamond lol. It’s a lot easier to save a doomed team from defeat than it is to get your head in the game after a crushing dive attack.

if u tell urself u have nothing to learn then u will learn nothing.

i have won more then one game with 6 dps in comp. once they had 4 people rage quit while we spawn camped them, cause this ashe was calling targets and we just dusted people left and right

people often forget that the enemy is just as bad as their teammates (usually cause they are just as bad as everyone else in the match)

i wish comp would backfill a DC after 30 seconds and give the filling player some semblance of SR for a win without a penalty for a loss. i dont think it would be hard to implement.

1 Like

I’ve been saying this^ for a while as well.

People are always quick to shoot it down like “it’ll just end up like QP or comp, full of toxic players that don’t care”.

I think it’s very worth trying.

1 Like

Back in the good old days of Quake… players circumvented all of these problems by starting up clans, leagues, and a community that revolved around being on actual teams with people you know and play with every day.

Those days apparently are gone… Blizzard doesn’t seem to have any interest whatsoever in guiding players in this direction with the design of their game, nor does the community have an interest in pushing them to do this.

What will happen is Blizzard will continue to pander to the loudest people in this community constantly demanding everything be faster, easier, and more convenient, and as a result we have a game riddled with problems that would otherwise not exist has Blizzard made a team game that revolved around the concept of “actual” teams…

What’s funny is OW competitive is essentially what pick up games and scrims were in Quake. A random assortment of players you don’t know attempting to formulate something remotely resembling a strategy. The thing is… those games were just for practice. Comp in this game, is just for practice…

You need to ask the question, where is the clan and league system built into the game? Where are the tournaments? Where are the rewards creating incentives for players to want to start clans?

What Blizzard “should” do… is recognize that competitive mode in this game is nothing more than a pick up game simulator. It is nowhere near what the competitive experience used to be, or should be in a game like this. Not even close… most players in this game have no idea what a real competitive experience on a dedicated team looks or feels like because Blizzard completely failed to design this experience into the game.

1. The game needs a clan system
  2. There needs to be incentives for players to be in clans for rewards
  3. There need to be a league system for clan tournaments

Do this, and the cloud of toxicity that hovers over this game will go away when players are actually on teams with people they know. Until then, most players will be funneled into this god awful “quick play” model for competitive that you, the player, are voluntarily sacrificing a good, quality, competitive experience for convenience.

Unfotunately… this generation of players will prefer convenience over what they don’t know they’re missing, and that’s just sad. It’s up to Blizzard to do the right thing here, and something tells me there’s a profit motive behind how everything’s design, so… /shrug

1 Like

That’s why you group up if you want to play QP in a more serious way.

Seriously, if you expect anything other than pure chaos from QP, you’re going to be tilted 12/10.

You don’t have to.

Different games, different ways to play, don’t try to compare.

If you’re thinking, you’re already done :man_shrugging:

If you’ve been playing for so long as you’re saying, you know that’s not true, no one is forced to play any particular role, unless they want to. Only comp has real “consequences” for not using a decent comp, other than that, just forget about it and if it bothers you so much, maybe it’s time to quit.

So just play whatever and don’t expect ANYONE to help you, you’ll be way better off.

And before you say anything about me doing exactly what you’re saying, just look at my 2 most played heroes.

Dude I agree and people have been saying this forever.

A buddy of mine and I pushed the “clans needed in 2018” thread all of last year and didn’t get a single blue reply:

Nearly 1000 likes, over 600 posts and 20,000 views… no word what so ever.

Like you, I whole heatedly agree that the absence of clans in a game so heavily marketed around team-play is comical at best, and leads to more of the toxicity we’re forced to tolerate at worst.

The best we’ve heard is that, if they ever implemented a system like this, that it would be a clan system use-able across all blizzard games. In other words, years from now, if ever.

its not qp its qp+ lol comp what a joke

But comp literally is QP aswell. Everyone has DPS only alts, dps here dps there… I don’t see how you can claim comp is different at this point.

That goomba analogy is not good

oh my god finally someone else experiences the frustration and stress of 'Its just qp" like SO WHAT doesn’t mean we have to loose! Or run no heals/tanks! Just because ‘its qp’ doesn’t mean pick widow, hanzo, ashe and refuse to switch purely because of the fact that it doesn’t hurt your rank at all is mind boggling to me

False reporting. You should feel bad for doing that as well.

“Since I don’t like their picks in qp I’m going to falsely report them.”

You should feel bad for what you’re doing.

Incorrect. Competitive is not qp.
I can claim they are different because… they… are… different.

You’d have to be a fool to claim otherwise, honestly.

You clearly have some misinterpretation here. The complaints are with the people that treat QP like it’s arcade.

Try to play while being forced into unfamiliar role in comp:
trash player throwing my game
Try to practice the role in QP:
trash player throwing my game
Thinking “**** it” and sticking to your role no matter what:
don’t need 3 _____, stop throwing my game

No, throwing one tricks would stop playing the game. Which would make the quality of this game much better.

i think Blizzard would rather have ignorant people buying multiple accounts ‘cause trolls keep me out fo my true elo’ then create a real community. they know engagement falls off steeply for this game. if they made it easier for someone to have 1 account, they would sell less copies.

IMHO, they should have been smart and never put skins/emotes/highlights in loot boxes and made the game a 10 dollar buy in. hell, even a 1 dollar fee for comp per season would be preferable with f2p then this mess. as long as they banned for toxicity.

they claim that esports are the same as real sports but they dont follow suit by having a season buy in to keep non-serious people out of serious game modes. what happens? gifted players with bad attitudes go to high elo and troll. which causes tryhards in high elo to buy second accounts so they can go to bronze and troll new players, causing new players to quit, which hurts the reputation of the game, which in turn hurts sales. the cycle of violence continues.

1 Like