Tired of "Its just QP"

Why do I have to goto comp to even find a team composition that isn’t completely stupid? - How are you supposed to practice a hero when you don’t have a team composition that has any chance of being an accurate representation of how an actual game will go down?

Why am I the one who always ends up tanking or healing because nobody else will?

and my response when I ask somebody else to tank or heal in QP “It’s just QP”

SO WHAT? You don’t run into the first Goomba on Super Mario Brothers do you?

Point is, you should at least try to put together a team that has some chance of winning and not go 5-6 DPS and MAYBE one healer.

I’m fine with losing a good fought game, you can still have alot of fun and learn alot about your hero that way, but how the hell are you supposed to practice ANYBODY when NOBODY will take care of 2/3 of the roles needed to put together an even half decent composition of characters.

I’ve played since the days of Bastion having a shield, but at this point, as a solo player, I think I might be done with this game as a whole.

6 Likes

I know you won’t like this, but, you know, it is just quickplay. What you want is competitive.

25 Likes

But, it’s only quickplay.

5 Likes

A lot of people probably did on their first time…? I don’t remember whether I did, since I was around 1 year old when I first played it, but I’d say there’s a pretty strong chance he got me.

I also have no idea how that analogy is supposed to work, though.

1 Like

“QP sucks because no one is serious!
:arrows_counterclockwise:
“Comp sucks because everyone is too serious!

10 Likes

Either create a group for quick play or don’t play at all. That’s how I do it if I want to practice.

I relate with you buddy. It is always either super tryhards, or throwers. People who say “it’s just quickplay” and go fourth dps, are throwing games. It says in the rules of the games that you have to try. Report them.

I kinda agree, I get a little triggered deep inside when people decide to basically throw, so, when people are like this, its already a loss obviously.

During this time, (because my aim is absolute garbage) I run around as a hero I rarely play so I can learn how to use them in the future to counter. Its simply playing who you want to in QP if your team doesn’t know any other bread than seed bread (DPS Selection), at least you can practice and learn how to play a new hero.

Sorry if this sounded rude, but if its a problem, go into competitive, or, if you can suck it up, you can play a new hero because its already a steamroll.

sorry to say, qp is just a dump.
some people just love wallowing in it.

QP is cancer. I used to play QP a lot to practice my heroes but now that deathmatch is in the game I never have to go do QP again. I haven’t played QP since deathmatch came out basically and it’s great. So obviously if you want to practice dps I would go to deathmatch, but if you want to practice healing/tanking and you don’t want to jeopardize the rating on your account, I would make a new account and go into comp to practice. Nobody tries in QP, they play whatever they want because it’s just for fun, and honestly I don’t blame them for saying “it’s just QP” because it is.

3 Likes

You sound like a ton of fun…:upside_down_face::upside_down_face::upside_down_face:

1 Like

well, i wouldn’t be surprised if half the fan-base would run into the first goomba in mario, considering.

2 Likes

Quickplay is the mode to have fun and is not meant to be overly competitive or serious, after all they added comp for a reason.

If you want a more serious game group up with a couple of friends or use LFG.

5 Likes

imgur. com/8pAEABb

This is the perfect example of “It is just QP I am practicing my hero. by practicing I mean getting spawn camped. When I get asked to switch I give the It is QP excuse/mentality instead of wanting to at least try.”

Nah, “It’s just Quickplay” is the worse excuse ever. You don’t learn anything by being spawn camped.

2 Likes

If you don’t want me practicing my Hammond in your comp games, don’t ruin my QP games with, “it’s just quickplay, lol!”

3 Likes

bro its just quickplay

2 Likes

“It’s just quickplay” means “I don’t want to win”…

4 Likes

This is why I practice new heroes in comp. If my comp teammates don’t like it, too bad. Quickplay isn’t even the same game. There’s no point to practice there. It’s blizzards fault for never doing anything to address the quickplay trolls.

The thing that annoys me the most about quickplay is all of the healer mains go there to instant lock dps characters, even though they are trash at dps. And basically throw every game as a result. If you don’t feel bad about throwing my quickplay matches, I’m not going to feel bad about throwing your comp matches by playing a hero in trash at, because I have no other avenue to actually practice them (as playing a character in a 5 dps comp (every quickplay match) because the rest of your team doesn’t care does not teach you anything about how to play that character in a regular comp)

2 Likes

I mean in any normal game the level of effort in comp would be what we saw in quickplay and then comp would have a higher level of effort.

This player base confuses me with how casual it is in a “competitive” game

The problem with this kind of thinking is how else are they supposed to expand their hero pool?

I don’t mind people using QP to practice new heroes. It’s only a problem when nobody is willing to work as a team, which is the true problem in QP.

3 Likes