Those who still play Sombra, why?

Sombra is bad in all ranks.
Its not about the player skill. If that was the case she would be dominating GM. Reality is that she is even among the top 5 lowest winrate in GM.
At some point, if a hero hits a spot where they are “too difficult” even for the best players in the game, they might just be bad.

3 Likes

I like her on teams that run an incredibly niche set of characters. If the enemy team is running Doomfist, Hammond, and Dva she can just play backline defender in a way and not even flank. If she is not dealt with she’ll cripple one of those units and equate to an freer kill than someone playing McCree and hitting a flashbang.

Hack is pretty free on those characters due to the lack of shields and overall damage output and telegraphed abilities that let her get a hack off. Oh, Dva DM’d, time to hack. Hammond is rolling around. Time to hack. Doomfist uppercut, time to hack.

Tbh I never had an issue with her being “bad” because of

This.

Symm is my better example where, she had a dominating win rate. Imo, niche means you should be a …final boss of that area so, tbh, I actually think symms old win rate of 60-70% was low. She should have been at a like, 80% win rate with a smaller pick.

Sombra used to be a go to for a specific play that worked highly in your favor if you had the right hands.

So I was quite fine with her old state. Because for me , she worked when I needed her to.

Now she’s just generic which means…yeah she isn’t going to work where she used to. So …

Live makes sense.

She’s just been opened for play if you’re a McCree or tracer or soldier esque plyer who can’t deal with hammond and need hack to do your job.

Sombra isn’t the symm, mei, torb niche hero she once was.

So you aren’t going to have any top players on her because she isn’t a top hero for anything🤷🏾‍♀️

So I preferred boss fight sombra, but I think tbh, she’s a bit overtuned now. If supports like Zen or mercy were stronger, I can easily see her being nerfed again

I find those games you tend to be on the back foot anyway, so unless you can frustrate them into switching so you can get off Sombra yourself, then there’s a limit to the value in it.

People are so predictable at outing themselves.

Just a few posts ago i’ve written this.

As a result they dont want to deal with her at all and prefer her being nerfed to a point of unviability, so they dont have to adapt to her. Thats why they resort to constant fearmongering with made up arguments like Sombra is always on the verge of being OP, or she has no counterplay etc.

2 Likes

Outing…what exactly?

How does any of that relate to what I’ve said?

I m not against buffing or nerfing Sombra per sec. It s just I want people (most of them anyway) to play her correctly first before asking for buff/nerf.

Asking to buff Sombra while playing her wrong is the same as me asking to buff Widow because I can’t hit shots with her.

Your implying that shes OP when Zen and Mercy get buffed and needs nerfs. Even overtuned in her current state.
There is literally no objective data to back this up. Quite the contrary she is one of the worst performing heroes in every rank.

So, a specific synergy for specific heroes , in a specific context after explicitly defining how I see her performance is …what exactly?

The only thing outed is how defensive you are about a dissenting view

I already shared my insight of Sombra in my previous post, I didn’t lose game with Sombra who play her right, I lost game with Sombra who play the wrong game. All I ask for is to have her players step up their game to the base level before asking for buff/nerf.

Grandmasters arent performing on her. Sombra players just being bad is all in your head.

Again, I don’t call all Sombra, especially the ones in GM bad, I’m saying a lot of bad players choose her more frequently than not. I want to see most of these bad players being brought to a standard first, then we can buff/nerf her.

Tbh I disagree with who is playing her.

I see a person who switches off tracer or McCree and expects hack to just…do the work for them.

Since her rework, I’ve seen this dumb af move of leaving translocator in her spawn which increased in use ever since her spread buff.

Making her more lethal has people thinking she can kill just as fast as others.

She cannot.

And she doesn’t have the mid fight ability to sustain herself or protect herself like McCree or tracer.

So she just dips because she has to rely on allies and her new players don’t know how

Sombra players who play Mei or symm, leave her translocator back by her brig or Moira or nearest health pack…or don’t use it as a dip out card, and instead are aggressive.

Unfortunately, Mei and symm type players aren’t popular and so sombra has no one like them using her.

When she works she works. I had a Sombra on my team the other day who legit hard carried us. She was in a four-stack though while I was queued with my friend, and we were all communicating and following up on her hacks/EMPs.

There are more bad than good Sombras because Sombra is bad. The hero is not new to the game, shes over 3 years old at this point. Its not about figuring her gameplay out anymore, its just that her general prefered gameplan is too weak compared to other heroes. If i spend 300 hours on Tracer i will have an easier time climbing than if i spend the same on Sombra.

I agree but also don’t think that is bad.

Same for what should have been mercy.

Mercy vs zen (on paper) should make zen more niche. So his sr should be higher than mercy since she completes more, and has more chances of being used.

Sombra has no niche. She’s like…soldier but worse in being generic because soldier has health packs which offer direct value.

Sombra doesn’t.

Makes sense that tracer, with a specific value, easily measured , will climb easier than…mid tier mccree soldier tracer that sombra currently is

Edit: it’s not bad as an asset. It’s bad for this roster tho and sombra. Same to symm

Both being so bland they have nothing to really offer

Shes not mid tier.
A bad Soldier has more value than a bad Sombra.
A mediocre Soldier has more value than a mediocre Sombra.
A good Soldier has more value than a good Sombra.

She is mid tier everything.

Jack of all trades. And that is all

Mid tier cc like McCree
Mid tier mobility like tracer
Mid tier range like soldier
Mid tier dmg
Mid tier healing
Mid tier ultimate

If she’s mid tier everything…she offers very little to anyone where high play is concerned. Like live mercy

Basic…at all times. All the time.

And in this games evolution… It just makes her bad for most players. Because most players need the edge somewhere

And hack has never been that asset despite owl whining

No, your other so called mid tier characters outperform her in every rank.