THIS is why they wont respond.....a forum snapshot

Bastion has 2 megathreads and his changes have lasted for a year and a half. I believe he got his rework before Mercy. Way before Mercy.

Bastion has been nothing but a rework since even before the beta. He was almost perfect with the old version but noo we had to get another rework nobody wanted.

Except 99% of the time it causes the issue of them being worse than before. IMO that’s worse than the hero being OP because that means they’ll be ignored forever.

The issue with Bastion as I have pointed out in both of his megathreads at some point before (not that you’d know that though) is that everything we could talk about has been talked about. It is entirely on them to do something now. All the ideas have been discussed numerous times. All that’s left is a response from them, and we haven’t had it for a year and a half. We can’t make anything constructive if nobody’s listening to the point that we would just be repeating ourselves for the 3rd time…

How long do we wait without meaningful answers before we can assume they don’t care? When does a pile of sand become a mound of sand?

1 Like

Sombra
Doomfist
Sym
Mercy
Bastion
Reinhardt
Every case of silence or Soon™ is proof of it. Sombra’s bugs? Nothing
Doomfist’s bugs and problems? Overwatch Forums Ignored with 3 megathreads for months describing his problems
Sym: 2 reworks and still kind of bad; she’s basically a brand new hero
Mercy: OP as hell as a result of rez on a cooldown which is something EVERYONE agrees on, and she’s getting more boring each patch but she’s still too strong to not use
Bastion: I refer you to the multliple threads on Bastions issues and his lack of pickrate
Reinhardt: All of his bugs, which have been in the game since launch and have been getting band-aid fixes which tear off the patch afterwards. Right now he’s clunky because all the animation cancels that worked for him have been removed.
And these are the heroes that just come to mind. Ana, Torb, Roadhog, any hero that’s been ignored for months or years; the players don’t forget the silence just because it ended. Just because you get a prothestetic doesn’t mean you forget you lost a leg and stood on one foot for months.

Bugs and problems that have been in the game since launch and still haven’t been adressed. For christ sake, it’s taken over 2 years just to implement a looking for group. Lore has ground to a halt. Paywalls are rising. Exactly what am I supposed to think, with all of these things happening to a game that I love playing? The devs clearly aren’t reading all of our feedback, and I have proof that they aren’t. While we as a community are not entitled to a response to every little gripe, I would hardly call many of the issues of the game “little gripes.” An acknowledgement of the problem isn’t going to be enough anymore, because of the overuse of “Soon™” in the few moderator comments we’ve recieved.

"First they came for the communists, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Jew.
Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me."
----Martin Niemöller
Silence is not the answer. “If you have nothing nice to say don’t say anything at all” is to stop two children from fighting, and it never works, because eventually someone says something that can’t be ignored. In this case, the silence in the face of all the problems the game has and has had for years is more deafenning than anything I could hope to say back.

You’re the one who seems to have forgotten. The forum has given courtesy and respect, and haven’t recieved it in a while. The devs outright laughed at the issues of Genji’s deflect, and were surprised at the negative feedback when they nerfed objectively the worst hero in Sombra.

Would you rather proof that the devs aren’t reading/listening instead?

3 Likes

Can I add another point,

If you say ‘the game is ruined’ every time your unhappy with anything it becomes really hard to figure out or fix the actual biggest problems.

There are potentially game ruining issues to talk about, but we also need to admit to ourselves when something only affects a few players or is just annoying or minor thing we want fixed but is not a priority, a failure of the dev team or a reason to uninstall. Not every problem is the apocalypse.

I’m trying not to call anyone out specifically but when I posted this there was a post where people said when they lost faith in the game, the highlights are:

An mistaken comment from a dev that I’d never heard before (the OP)
OWL getting attention
Adding Pink Mercy
At least 20 comments about 1 bad hero patch (mostly but not all Mercy)
Not adding new tanks sooner
Jokes by OWL casters
Making the Mercy megathread
And my personal favourite, when the dev’s started to listen to peoples complaints as people are all wrong crybabies (not as a joke, it was a salty hog main).

At the same time there were other threads saying the game was failing because it was too anime, calling out the practice range, leavers and Bastion not getting buffed or nerfed in a while (OP stated no preference as to which was needed) making them forget about him, and they called this as bad as the lack of summer games content with a straight face.

Not one of these is a game killing issue right now and some aren’t even issues. Treat them accordingly rather than inflate every concern you have to monstrous proportions.

Our outrage should be reserved for massive failures of the game like Lucioball 3, this time it’s copy pasted in. Or smaller (but still big) issues that nothing is being done about like the state of the lore. We should not call the way 1 hero (any hero) is treated game ending, one faulty mechanic a disaster or one weird decision proof the dev’s don’t care. Let’s not cry wolf here people

3 Likes

The forum is a toxic cesspool. It’s filled with terrible players with horrible biases that cry and rant over any perceived slight even from the Devs. I just got back after a two week leave from the forums and I’m aghast at just how ignorant and sensitive this community is.

All I can say is that it would be incredibly unprofessional for any company to not respond to complaints and, if you don’t respond to them then, of course your feedback channels are going to be full of them.

You just don’t get to ignore your customers in business, no matter how difficult they may be.

They’ve answered 5 times. They just did something in the form of a nerf.

2 Likes

Impressive bookkeeping and presentation. Keep it up!

I get you, but people had enough and game is poisoned too much to get everything fixed at this point.

So its too much to ask from them anyway, too late to save the game.

These forums in a nutshell…

4 Likes

Even when the game first launched Devs responded more on Reddit than they did here, heck the eu forums didnt even see a dev, it was some mod who occasionally shared the info, not a great start and a pointless segregation of players. Neither is it a great start when they choose a different platform for their responses…

Furthermore its a culmination of time and disgust, theres chars with bugs nearly 2 years later, fans still waiting, char feedback on the ptr is outright ignored more often than not, char balance changes are made on a dev whim (Geoff and Sombra). It all slowly builds up until the bubble bursts and people have had enough.

The forums could be constructive if the mods actually did something about making it so, instead theres a whole bunch of troll posts and 50+ of the same topic and a dev will respond to “whats Tracer’s fav pizza?” whilst ignoring a thread of bugs. The only time you see them cleaning up is Mercy threads, which just exacerbated the idea of Mercy feedback being ignored.

Theres been no actual lore since Nov and some has infact been removed which leaves people questioning why?

The S.G18 event is incredibly lackluster and is a joke when using Lucioball again, when it was just in the last event also! THey couldnt even be bothered to alternate the title screen when we know for a fact theres mulitple ones.

Is the forum a poopy place atm, yep, but sorry (not sorry) the devs are really bringing it on themselves atm with the poor commmunity interaction and the seemingly main focus on OWL. The whole event fallout could have been subsided with a simple “sorry this one is lacking cos we’re doing xyz for the future” but no, instead they drop some owl skins and emote, ask for more money and ignore everything.

People are rightfully salty and buried within the childish whinging that internet anonymity brings, there is constructive feedback and its lost because forum mods suck at weeding through it. Its like sitting in your fav restaurant that you visit regularly but recently the service stopped and your sitting at a table with your starter you got 7hrs ago wondering when the server is coming over to take your order. Do you sit there and wait or do you complain?

I really get it. People are disappointed about the changes. It is what it is, all games go through this, and Mercy was dominating every game since the launch of OW, and she still is. Devs have to make changes to heroes, nerf them and buff them on a cycle so the game doesn’t get stale.
Literally every game does this. If you want no changes to your game then you should just play single player.

Curious question but when did you take this two week break?

LOL why was Hotaru251’s first post in this thread flagged? They do have a point, Mercy posts either got locked or moved to the general Mercy discussion. Even there people flagged it and caused it to become locked.

This sums up my feelings about the game and Blizzard, I want to keep playing but man does this community and Blizzard keep pushing me away. Right now I only play this game with friends and even that is rare for me.

1 Like

Only true when you like what they say.
As far as I remember, people were asking for Geoff to be fired because he voiced his opinion on how D.VA should be played.

The devs are ridiculed daily on here. I’m surprised that they ever even look at the forums, much less respond.

3 Likes

and those people were silenced for trolling, you know sub threads would really help out the forums and should have been added, instead we get top topics which givin the list pretty much sums everything up about the state of the game; people are done with the poor choices, there making up there own lore in small or big ways because blizzard won’t do it, there occasional this game is dying with replies being 50/50 on them. Some posts actually attempting to talk about balancing that people like you throw off as trolling because trolls go on those posts and make stupid comments and you act like the OP did that.

and for the final proof go back to the old forums everyone was supportive the first few months but the honeymoon ended and people started to see the lack of any actual effort made to keep the gaming as balanced as possible, other games change more than three things per patch with the same or more patches than what overwatch does, the only excuse they have is that “it’s harder than it looks” but anyone that doesn’t know programming or animation will believe that, well let me debunk this right now; it’s hard for a newcomer into the field of animation/programming these guys have been have had years of experience and somehow have lack of experience, this means they never really bothered to do much of the work and had co-workers do most of it, but that’s not the case the actual case is that it takes a long time to program and animate a new ability and they keep doing it. after the first year they got called out on slow updates with value changes because it was apparent they spent more time screwing around then actually working, value changes are simple anyone can do them if you know what the line of code your changing does.

So what looks worse, devs that have no idea how to actually do there jobs

Or devs that procrastinate and use a rework not to actually fix a hero but as a scapegoat for why things take so long.

An official one ?