[Feedback Thread Continued Part III] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018

Once they throw all the threads in here it will be full. Then we can use yours

LOL i honestly doubt it. They’ll probably just edit out my title to something else, and then merge all of the posts there into the official Part 4.

1 Like

Lol 200,000 replies to the mercy feedback threads all together and they still think the rework was successful. XD

19 Likes

It’s successful as long as she isn’t F-Tier :wink:

It’s a success if they cant see any feeback

13 Likes

This topic is temporarily closed for 24 hours due to a large number of community flags.

This topic was automatically opened after 24 hours.

finally. can yall stop false flagging it now?

Look who is open again. And no, they probably won’t stop false flagging.

Edit: It got flagged immediately.

Stop false flagging ffs. It is already a trashbin. You close our trashbin and then start complaining that we are posting outside of the trashbin. Gj.

Also just revert mercy already its obvious after all these:

1. Increased Ressurect’s cast time (0s to 1.75s)
  2. Ressurect no longer resets Guardian Angel
  3. Valkyrie no longer resets ressurect
  4. Valkyrie no longer gives extra ressurect charge
  5. Valkyrie no longer lowers the cooldown of ressurect
  6. Valkyrie no longer makes ressurect instant
  7. Valkyrie cost increased by 25%
  8. Valkyrie durationd decresed from 20s to 15s
  9. Valkyrie’s Guardian angel speed reduced from 100% to 50%
  10. Caduceus blaster no longer has increased fire rate (and dmg) in Valkyrie
  11. Primary fire healing deacreased by 17% (60hp/s to 50 hp/s) (thus increasing Valkyrie’s cost by 17% more AND making healing in Valkyrie useless against Winston)
  12. Mercy can no longer damage boost hanzo’s ultimate ability
  13. While in Valkyrie a part of Mercy’s wings part of her hitbox

that this rework was a failure.

Im not sure for the 25% on valk but I think I have read it somewhere.
What I mean is 10+ nerfs means that something is wrong and killing fun for the sake of balance and double standarts (its also disheartening to get teamwiped by zarya-hanzo, but I mean they arent reworked with their ults put on an E and then getting nerfed over and over again over the course of almost a year) is not right. Just revert her to pre-invuln and work from there.

And please, DPS players, dont excuse yourselves with “But mass res coming after my skillful Q+LMB (most of the dps ults) is disheartening”. Please.

1. It is disheartening to have rein insta stun you for 3 seconds with his fast charging and with broken hitbox ult. (sometimes u just walk in the animation AFTER its done and still stuns u)
  2. Its disheartening to get teamwiped by zarya-hanzo.
  3. It is disheartening to dmg someone to 1hp and then they get fully healed by brig’s “OH SHIET” heal.
  4. It is disheartening to get <insert almost any dps hero (without widow)> to click Q (+LMB if needed) and kill half/entire team.
  5. It is disheartening to get killed by the dva nuke.
  6. It is disheartening to get your ult eaten by a single click from Dva (and its a basic ability of hers)
  7. It is disheartening to get randomly killed by spamzo/junkrat.
  8. It is disheartening how junkrat’s ult has no other counter but burst dmg + good aim.
    9 .It is disheartening to have Reaper HIDE and then drop on the team, click Q kill 3+ people.
  9. It is disheartening to play Tracer and get oneshotted by brigitte/mccree just because of their stuns having the same range u have to get to in to dmg them…

You know there are a lot more things that are “disheartening”. Mass res really was nothing too big before invuln patch. As I said The devs should probably revert to pre-invuln patch and work from there (maybe add LoS check and 0.75s cast time) . I really hate mercy’s state currently. If you want to know what I mean read Titanium’s posts. She/he/it/them (not assuming genders) have done a pretty wide and detailed post about mercy’s current problems and suggestions on how to fix them. Please, Geoff, your voice is hawt af so use it and tell us when you are gonna revert Mercy.

20 Likes

This topic is temporarily closed for 24 hours due to a large number of community flags.

• Ultimate Ability: Valkyrie Resurrect
    • Reverted Mercy's Ultimate Ability back to the same concept as her original Ultimate: Resurrects dead teammates to full health within a certain radius.
      • Radius is now 8 metres.
      • Cast time is now 1 second, instead of instantaneous, Mercy can be killed during this time, in which case the ability is cancelled and ultimate charge is reset.
      • Requires line of sight of an ally's location of death to resurrect them.
  • Damage Boost
    • This ability has been removed.
    • Pressing right click now quickly switches from Caduceus Staff to Caduceus Blaster and vice versa. Mercy takes one hand off the staff and unholsters the weapon. This process takes 0.5 seconds. The Staff can't be used while the pistol is unholstered.
  • Caduceus Blaster
    • Clip size increased to 30 from 20.
    • Firing speed increased by 50%.
    Give me your thoughts and opinions or get angery at me. If you convince me I'll make an edit, lets get a conversation going. Edit 1: Added LoS requirement for Resurrect.
3 Likes

I could agree to this. don’t forget to add a LoS requirement so she can’t resurrect through walls etc.

Based on the changes you suggested to her pistol, does that really offset the potential damage she can contribute by just boosting a dps? Also, with resurrect as an ultimate again, what utility would she bring without damage boost?

Battle Mercy approves, gimme. :+1:

Me like, but 1 sec of cast time would make the ult awful, it chould be 0.6-0.8 like Lucio’s

Yeah, you might be right on this, I’m just accounting for the fact that straight up bringing someone from the dead is more powerful than temporary shields in most scenarios. Edit: Also since her pistol fires a projectile (which I haven’t suggested have it’s speed increased), the gun is at a potential disadvantage to a hitscan character.

Yeah, but you gotta look at Lucio. If 0.8 seconds (which needs a buff to like 0.6) is considered bad, 1 full sec would be horrid most likely

Oh, look, it’s open! I just wonder for how long this time.

Inb4 another lock.

1 Like

So my bet was that it’s open 15 minutes.

Let’s see who gets it right.

1 Like