THIS is why they wont respond.....a forum snapshot

because the forum community is TERRIBLE…perhaps you guys dont ever look at the forums as a whole…so heres a snapshot(s) of what was being “discussed” this morning…basically i opened forums (separate tabs) every 10 minutes and later made notes on what the 15 most recent posts discussed were…nothing scientific…just what was being “discussed”…and of course you guys didnt disappoint…

i didnt want to call people out so im just giving you a description (as fair as i could be) of what the post was about (and yes i read them…especially if there was any question as to what the authors intention was…commented in a few)…i did not throw in or leave out any posts…this is what was on there…i still have the pages open if anyone wants to really argue this…there was no selectivity…random day…random time (id argue this was actually a “down” time for forums so it could be way worse)…but as someone who is on here frequently im very confident this is what you would see just about any time of the week…i can do again in future if you really want

and because i know someone will say something…yes i know there are legitimate complaints on here…and yes i know that complaining doesnt mean whining…i tried to use the latter only if it went beyond complaining…more on “complaints” at the end

top 15 posts on general forums 8/12/18 starting at 8:30 AM
notes* - italics means this post is same as one above (still on there) - numbers indicate there was more than 1 thread on same topic and to identify them…

8:30:

• poll about state of game 1
  • OWL interest question
  • complaining/whining about money/paywalls
  • brigitte whine/complaint post
  • bug post
  • Mercy revert/complaint post 1
  • complaint directly addressed at Jeff and blaming him for something in game (its actually a veiled mercy complaint when you read it)
  • Mercy revert/complaint/whine post 2
  • Mercy revert/complaint post 3
  • poll about state of game 2
  • hero discussion
  • Mercy revert/complaint/whine post 4
  • Hero question/bug
  • Question about forums (not a complaint)
  • Overwatch dying post 1
  • Complaint about blizz not responding/not caring 1

8:40

• OWL question
  • Bastion megathread
  • Overwatch dying post 1
  • Question about hacking
  • Event suggestion for future
  • Sombra “discussion” (OP was being VERY sarcastic)
  • Post directly saying Jeff is giving up on game
  • Mercy revert/complaint/whine 4
  • Mercy revert/complaint/whine 2
  • Complaint about matchmaking system 1
  • Complaint/whine about Hanzo
  • Forum question about playstyle
  • Suggestion for lootboxes
  • Request for people to stop complaining about Mercy
  • Complaint about toxicity in-game

8:50

• Complaint about blizz not responding/not caring 1
  • Complaint about matchmaking system 1
  • Event suggestion for future
  • Forum question about playstyle
  • Nerf hammond
  • Mercy revert/complaint/whine 2
  • Overwatch dying post 1
  • Complaint/whine about all star skins
  • Complaint about balance/game is dying
  • Poll about state of game 1
  • OWL interest question
  • Wondering about dev team size
  • Complaint about toxicity in game
  • Sombra discussion

9:00

• Mercy love post
  • post about state of the game 3
  • brigitte whine/complaint post
  • Overwatch dying post 1
  • Mercy revert/complaint post 2
  • healing changes working out post
  • hero discussion
  • Question about hacking
  • Balance complaint (in general)
  • Mercy revert/complaint post 1
  • Complaint about matchmaking 1
  • OWL interest question
  • Post directly saying Jeff is giving up on game
  • Toxicity is killing game post

9:10

• Cuteness poll
  • Hero discussion
  • post about state of game 3
  • Mercy love post
  • Mercy revert/complaint post 2
  • complaint directly addressed at Jeff and blaming him for something in game (its actually a veiled mercy complaint when you read it)
  • Nerf hammond
  • OWL interest question
  • Community demands post
  • Hero discussion
  • Blizz does not care post 2
  • Overwatch dying post 1
  • Complaint about summer games
  • Mei discussion

9:20

• Rein suggestion
  • complaint about lore
  • Mercy revert/complaint 2
  • Complaint about matchmaking system 2
  • healer changes working out
  • complaint about endorsements
  • Mercy love post
  • OWL interest question
  • Overwatch dying post 1
  • nerf hammond
  • Complaint/whine about hanzo
  • Calling out devs/dont care post 3
  • Overwatch is dying post 2
  • Mercy revert/complaint 4

Not in top 15 but that had been discussed (new or old) during that hour

• overwatch is dying post 3
  • overwatch is dying post 4
  • overwatch is dying post 5
  • complaint about lucio ball
  • Mercy revert/complaint post 5
  • summer games 2019 suggestion/complaint
  • question in wrong forums (spanish :stuck_out_tongue: ) though about a pc/console money issue
  • post about state of game 4

recap: 53 different posts

• 5 different posts about overwatch is dying
  • 5 different posts about mercy reverts
  • 2 different posts calling out jeff specifically saying he doesnt care about game
  • 3 different posts calling out devs in general saying they dont care about the game

By my count:

• 5 posts that i would consider to be positive message and/or discussion
  • 12 posts that you wouldnt expect devs to ever chime in on just because it has nothing to do with them
  • 33 DIFFERENT complaint threads
    ** 17 of which were extremely negative nature (subjective) - this includes posts that go beyond (i felt) complaining and go the extra step of using very derogatory/insulting language, claim game/devs are terrible and/or horrible and/or call outs to devs/Jeff directly as mentioned above - most of which have been up for several days now
    ** many of which were repeated as they only cover about 6-8 different topics

so basically you wouldnt ever expect them to answer half of them and the other half is either debatable if it even warrants a response as many are arguably answered already through the changes made in game…or they just get lost amongst the mountains of spam and derogatory posts you see on here constantly…and again this is just a snapshot of an hour one sunday morning…not exactly peak forum times…so picture this on steroids later

146 Likes

They could already answer about the Mercy problem and do something with it, But they didn’t. And neither now.

65 Likes

I’m not reading all that. But have you thought as to why people are like this? OH, it’s because we are being ignored by the Devs after months of complaining about things! If they responded to us, instead of leaving us in the dark then the forum community wouldn’t be so well, p*ssed off.

76 Likes

Y’all really think busy people are going to come on the forums to placate you? How entitled.

Look, you can complain all you want and that’s fine. Totally okay with that. But to expect people to respond to you isn’t really realistic. People don’t have to respond if they don’t want to (and yes, I’ve learned this in life too.) Devs don’t “owe” any of us an explanation on the forums.

Do I think they should? Sure. But do I feel entitled enough to expect them to and call them trash when they don’t?? nah…

18 Likes

Hey look! That’s me!

9 Likes

Because we’re raging without any reason.
It’s not like they ignore every feedback we do since day 1 or something like that…

21 Likes

If half the posts, including this one, detail/imply that they do not care or are not responding, or whatever, I feel as though most developers would refute that. We still have no updates on whatever that social feature is. They could throw us a bone in that regard. However, given that they pulled the Lucio emote stunt and about a week later had these All-Star skins via direct purchase. I would argue that they are not open to listening to criticism. In other words, they are not responding because they have nothing to say that would convince us otherwise. The forums are just a mirror of the community’s sentiment. People are tired of getting no updates, a character/map every 4 months in what could have been the biggest multiplayer game. We can only sit and watch as Fortnite, a game I am sure many of us are not entirely fond of, gets everything that Overwatch deserved. It is really sad if you even vaguely cared about this game.

Like, whatever, I accepted this fate during year 1 after we realized we would only get 3 characters a year and after they tried that anti-consumer stunt during Summer Games. I am not surprised in the least that this is going down exactly as I predicted. All I can do is enjoy it while it is still here. I suggest everyone who loves the game does the same, because all of those people screaming “World of Warcraft has been ‘dying’ for a decade” have no idea what they are talking about.

12 Likes

Thank you for compiling this. I don’t understand how the forums doesn’t understand that the less frequent developer engagements with us recently have everything to do with the lack of reasonable content in the posts. The subreddit has been much more active and interesting recently, so that’s going to get more attention from them.

When the vast majority of posts are non-constructive, nonsense-filled rage posts full of insults toward the developers, we lose credibility.

These forums are WAY more toxic than people in-game actually are. Too many are using them as a complaint department rather than as a place for discussion. Discussion does NOT mean agreeing that everything is terrible and that the game is dying. It means actually talking about aspects of the game in a constructive way.

The state of the forums right now is absolutely the fault of this community. Next time you want to blame the developers for ignoring a post, take a second and consider whether there’s anything in that post that they could realistically engage with. The answer is almost never.

11 Likes

The reason for the forum to be terrible currently is because the devs have been way too silent lately which creates more and more tension each day.

39 Likes

Well a few days ago I found out that you can invite a dev to your thread, but you can’t invite Jeff and Michael. You can invite Tom too.

1 Like

The thing is, Developers have responded. Developers have said that they aren’t going to revert her. Jeff himself has come to say that 1. She’s not getting a revert and that’s not an option 2. She’s in a decent spot and doesn’t need any major changes.

How much more clear do the devs have to be? How much more evidence do Mercy spammers need? They have the logic of flat earthers at this point. Barebones proof and “no, this isn’t going to happen” then refute it as any proof whatsoever.

Literal quotes from Jeff himself with screenshots of the chats. “Nope. They never said that. That’s fake” lol.

17 Likes

Gee almost like we got sold a garbage video game and are mad about it

Why is the world filled to the brim with goddang welcome-mats? People just let the world wipe it’s grunge on them now, it’s gross.

6 Likes

The inherent problem with this fallacy is that there are plenty of quality posts here. Plenty of people who still have faith in the developers here. Those posts get ignored because right now the general consensus is negative? It makes no sense. If they are frequenting the subreddit more often, please, share with us some relevant news. What did they say? I am obviously not holding my breath, but I would be genuinely surprised if it was relevant.

2 Likes

Gee. Almost as if you’re free to not play at any point in time.

Tired of the game? Don’t play it. Tired of how the devs are treating us? Don’t play it.

It’s really simple but Mercy’s fail to understand that this is an option.

5 Likes

https://i.redditmedia.com/0vNQjdf8HFBQ_xqTLg0HUJLWK9DvYMrZ_suz_KEZstA.jpg?w=400&s=e52e46fa63122e8f8d00a971e2616e33

25 Likes

Nah, his last post was July 12 my dude. Talking about LFG.

3 Likes

i do agree that the forum is a negative one

they complain about everything but never look at what good they have made

3 Likes

I am not sure if you responded to the wrong person, I am not entirely concerned with the Mercy revert posts so much as the lack of posts in general. I feel as though the developer engagement was what made this game special in beta and the lack of it recently has obviously not gone unnoticed. They did not even give us a developer update for SGs despite us actually genuinely needing one, for once. We have the social features, potential gamescom appearance to look forward to (they could tease what map type), all-stars coming up, address the lore drought, Torb rework, whoever is next for a rework, and we all know the reason they skipped the developer update. It was not because of the forums, it was because they changed literally nothing about the Summer Games.

1 Like

This attitude is exactly the problem. Somehow we’ve come to feel entitled to a perfect game (which doesn’t exist anywhere and never will).

This kind of conspiracy theory thinking isn’t healthy or warranted. There are no rigged matches in OWL or in the game. The system works exactly as advertised and the devs have been pretty transparent about it.

They’re scared? I think it’s more likely that there’s no reason to engage a seemingly crazy person who’s effectively spewing rage about perceived imbalances from a street corner at passersby and then wondering why nobody will do what they want.

When you think about it realistically, this game is in the running for the most well-functioning online game there’s ever been. I never lag. I never get disconnected. I can count on one hand I’ve seen a noticeable bug and I’ve been playing since beta. The game has only improved and been injected with more depth with every new map and hero addition.

You’re the one who’s going to ruin the game by driving away any further engagement from the developers. They don’t owe you anything just because you’re angry and these forums rarely post anything that they can realistically engage with. Rage posts don’t lend themselves to discussion and that’s the problem.

19 Likes

“We must rage louder!!!” ~ Mercy mains

11 Likes