This is for the MVP on the forum

Don’t worry about it. The way I see it, I will try to be open as much as possible. Not everyone agrees with me, and that is perfectly fine. I admit I tend to fanboy sometimes, but I do have things I like or not like about Blizzard myself.

2 Likes

I was actually a volunteer forum moderator for another game. It was the international version of a Chinese MMO.

I never got paid a single cent. And the one time they gave me some ingame swag, after over a year of doing moderation work unpaid and tons of hours, the players of that game lost their minds over it. And the devs said basically nothing explaining why we got them (we had just come off the heels of a particularly bad time in the forums and had basically given up our entire weekend (staying up until like 3am) to help them control a forum meltdown over a promotion. That whole event soured me on the whole thing, and I eventually quit not just moderating but playing the game entirely.

Looking back, I feel like it was just a company that found a way to get some free labor. But also that individual developers were pretty nice people. And that the players of games have unreasonable attitudes towards low level people remotely connected to the company.

I also feel like devs (not saying this about any developer of any company in particular) who can’t interface with their communities are big babies. The devs I worked with took the feedback, good and bad, and just handled it. And the people there made this forum look like freaking boy scouts.

I handled that crap while going to college and working a real job.

Like…it’s really not that hard to handle. It’s not like these people are in your face. And it’s easy to just delete (or in some cases ban) comments that get out of line and move it along.

1 Like

In Soviet Russia, forum posts you!

3 Likes

But,

I am not going on and on about how “these paid employees are blah, blah, blah…”

I am just saying, i don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibility that these people get some form of compensation for their time.

Is it some sort of slight toward you that a person can think that?

I knew I posted in the wrong region

1 Like

And there’s no reason to believe that he is being truthful. I can run the same mental gymnastics as you. You can opt to let me have my opinion or you can continue to try to change my mind. One of those is an exercise in futility.

I mean I am no savant of wealth but a hug like myst got sounds way better right now than some money.

I feel like I have seen one other… one

Do you not pledge allegiance to the Motherland every morning, afternoon, and night?
police sirens

And that may be all the compensation he needs. I don’t judge.

I can’t believe people are actually arguing over whether or not to trust that MVPs are not employed by Blizzard… :joy:

2 Likes

Visit for WoW forums for a while.

1 Like

But youre not even saying that its a possibility. Youre saying "i believe that theyre being paid and refuse to change that belief without evidence (even though your belief isnt based on any evidence, itself)

Obviously im in on it, too. Everyone who questions conspiracy theories is a shill. Its just a fact

I was actually just thinking you could be a MVP. :sunglasses:

People, in general, don’t lie about unimportant or trivial details. When they do, they tend to have other issues. Occam’s Razor applies. It’s more likely than not that someone would be honest in this situation. You have the burden of proof since your claim is the bolder claim.

1 Like

They could be employed. They do have a suspicious winky face and their green text is supernatural so they must have psychic abilities too! :grin:

*Wears a tinfoil hat *

Question, do you know all the other forum mvps, even in other games? It would be cool if they said hi… nothing else though, we have already become communist with tin foil hats trying to figure out the economic structure of a video game forum.

I’d love to become a forum MVP but i don’t have the upkeep and time…

Honestly i don’t have the “Positivity” either.
I believe some things need changing that haven’t been addressed, and i will fight for that until i die no matter the subject.

Still would be cool tho. :3

2 Likes

I believe they are getting paid because of the interactions i have had with the forum MVP’s over the last 6 or so years. Mand, from the Heroes of the Storm forums, was someone I crossed paths with on multiple occasions.

None of that is really any of your business though, is it?

sure.

People, in general, don’t. Liars do.

No offense but you literally has no idea what you’re talking about here. You missed out on all the drama that happened that formed my opinion. I don’t have the burden of proof because I’m not trying to prove anything. You’re the one who is insisting on disproving my opinion. That’s lunacy. What is your stake in this?

Go fly a kite with your burden of proof bull.