This hero teaser on PTR...are we about to get a blind hero?

If you look at those heads that are in the PTR highlights on ToA, you’ll notice they have panels covering where the eyes would be, it’s interesting because unlike any other Masked skin hero or skin there doesn’t seem to be anywhere to see out of these Panels.

I’m actually kinda excited at the aspect of a blind hero, I made a concept for one that I never posted awhile back, they could ‘see’ the map as a sort of wireframed setting, but enemies were invisible to them, but they’d be represented by a red aura emanating from them, the bigger the aura, the closer they were, the darker aura would indicate what class they are. Light pink is support, red is Damage. Deep Red is Tank

Anywho, this whole potential for a blind hero actually excites me

2 Likes

Where can i find this info? I have no idea what ToA is.

2 Likes

i was about to question this
i assumed Temple of Anubis but… i don’t… really know what it’s referencing…

reading it like that works. so maybe whatever video they are referencing, they feature it in anubis?

1 Like

I don’t think I can link videos but there are some talking about using specific Highlight intros on Temple of Anubis will let you see several Omnic heads on those shelves or whatever that are along the left side of the first choke point, they weren’t there before, and apparently they match the look of concept art for an early Hero

well, without linking the video, could you tell us what to search for to find them? I’m going to look as well but I don’t think i can post the link either.

1 Like

I know BlametheController and OhNickel have videos on it

1 Like

So like a Demon Hunter (Illidan)? Or a Predator hero that has permanent infrared vision?

1 Like

anyone who cant find the video, search for this: Overwatch Secret Hero 30 Hint in game - Omnic Tank?

1 Like

More or less, but that was just my concept, I’m sure Blizz could do better if they did go the blind route

I can’t see where you’re going with this and I like it.

7 Likes

You got jokes kid, I like it

I just don’t see how a blind hero would work :wink:

In all honesty that sounds pretty cool. Granted it would be harder to play them. I wonder if the devs would do it

1 Like

I dont get why people keep saying omnic and android like seriously those things in the map look like clay/brassy statues and his concept art shows him as a human.

1 Like

it’s an interesting idea but, like gameplay and balance-wise you could never have a hero where you would see the field differently while playing. it would be an advantage or a disadvantage: field of vision has to be exactly the same across the board or certain characters wouldn’t be playable. you could still do a blind hero, explain it the way you did, but the vision/gameplay would have to be the same.

You might want to look at 🧞 DF's Big Anubis Tank Concept Hero 30 Updated (again) (1/9/19)

The body shape of those things around there matches the shape of some Omnics like Echo. As for the concept art, it’s entirely possible he could’ve changed. Remember, Ana originally started as some dude in a hazmat suit

What does Echo frames have to do with this?

Talking about the strange heads, as an italian, i hate saying it, but that concept could return like Antonio of the event Retribution.
The shape of the head could fit, and if they want, yet again, making a “dead person” not dead, that could be.
Probably a Talon Tank? Also if i don’t manage to think Antonio again in Talon, simply because Reaper that “Killed” him, is part of it now.
Maybe he is part of another organization? Rebellion? Anubis? Hakim? Who knows.

Go into Bastion’s highlight intro menu and click on his “Bullet Rain” intro.
You can see what looks to be a head on the table to his the left.