This game has too much CC

I mean you do you buddy, I havent played the game in a while because of personal stuff and for me, the game gets boring if I keep constantly playing it.

I’d say take a break till the next PTR update goes live, which is next week. Hey, we even have a new hero coming soon, SOmbra changes and other upcoming changes, slow but its happening.

Word of advice, taking breaks from the game helps in not making it too boring.

TF2 may not be as super accessible as Overwatch as Overwatch was pretty much designed to be accessible, TF2 is pretty much the better game. You have to get sidegrade weapons through random drops or achievements but in general it’s a fantastic game. I have over 4000 hours in it for a reason.

After the last couple of heroes, I am about as un-hyped as humanly possible about them adding a 28th. Unfortunately, I’ve been playing Blizzard games for 24 years (obviously not constantly), and this has turned out to be the most disappointed I’ve ever been with one of their products. And that’s even taking Warlords of Draenor into account.

Wife and I have taken breaks from Overwatch. Hell, at one point I left for five months. But each time I’ve come back, it’s been worse and more frustrating. As far as my experience with the game and this dev team goes, I know a trend when I see one.

No biggie. It’s a free download. If I don’t like it, I’ve been eyeing Dying Light all day after just finding out about it from these forums. I might have the wife look at that one and maybe buy two copies to play together.

Dying Light is also fantastic. Have fun! PM me on Steam anytime you’d like.

1 Like

It’s proven that you can balance the game in these situations without adding CC.

May I ask how so? I’m curious. Overwatch’s mobility is a lot more unpredictable and cover more ground than other games I know of.

Case-by-case, but in general the idea is of making the hero get even more close to the enemy, making hero health lower etc.

As an example, Tracer (she already has the lower health thing) could have got a 20% bigger spray. In this situation, Tracer must get even closer to her target, making her more vulnerable and giving the enemy more opportunity in killing Tracer. There was no need for the abomination that is Brigitte.

1 Like

Good point. Tracer has more range and mobility than Reaper. Make her get more into the danger zone.

Look, we’re lucky they even gave the small nerf to her ultimate. Tracer is the definition of a plot armor character in this game/franchise.

2 Likes

Should the game add more CC protection like Zarya’s bubble? Some sort of guardian passive thing?

Well, I won’t try Warframe now. Apparently there is a major issue with trading. If you trade an item for Plat to someone who ended-up obtaining the Plat illegally (i.e. via a Plat-seller), then DE takes the Plat from your account without refunding the item, because you are the one with the illegal Plat.

This has cost legit players who were unaware the buyer had illegal Plat a good deal, in some cases putting their balance into the negative Plat. What happens then? The studio bans your account until you spend real money to buy Plat to zero-out the negative balance. For some that are thousands in the negative thanks to the scams, that is several hundred real dollars worth of Plat just to get their accounts back, for being the victim.

The DE stance is Trader Beware. Unfortunately there is pretty much no way to be aware, as one has no way of knowing how the other party obtained their Plat. But trade to the wrong person (and trading is a core part of the game for obtaining Plat), and you might have to spend some significant money to get your account back. I’m not sure who’s scamming more: the guys with the black market Plat, or the damned studio.

Yeah, I’ll pass. I’ve seen too many forum and Reddit posts about this issue, and some player-reviews are now warning of it. DE is handling it stupidly, and I’m not even going to entertain downloading that game, now.

We like different things and that’s alright. I’ve come back to Overwatch with the addition of Brigitte and additional CC because it was the insane mobility that irritated me the most in Overwatch. But you just have to do what you find fun.

As for new games with the current “hotness” being battleground games it can be tough to find new new games sooo…

You’ll either love or hate TF2. With random weapons to worry about grinding away it can kinda suck. Honestly I thought the game was way better before weapons and hats came out so everyone was playing with the same equipment, but that’s just me.

I found Planetside 2 to be a lot of fun. I haven’t played it in a while but I’d give it a look. Big map(s), persistent world, an FPS with MMO aspects. Can also fly aircraft or drive tanks. Can be a lot of fun in a small group (the two of you) or if you join a larger one in game.

I always loved CS so I’d also recommend CS:GO. There’s really no progression in it though so all you’ve really got is trying to get better and better. You’d either like it or not really fast.

Rainbow Six Siege is a lot of fun with destructible walls and barricades. Assuming you don’t straight up spend money to buy all the characters the progression in it is gaining in-game currency through playing and then using it to slowly unlock new characters. I’ve had a lot of fun with it and keep coming back.

I’ve heard Warhammer: Vermintide 1 and 2 were a lot of fun.

Maybe play some of the Borderlands games if you haven’t already? IMHO Borderlands 2 was the best because they did an amazing job with the villain, but that’s just me.

I know this is a ways off but a game I’d keep an eye on would be The Division 2. Playing as a dedicated pair would really make things a lot of fun. Assuming they go with “trust the server” this time instead of “trust the client” like they did for The Division 1, it’ll be a great game. Unfortunately with “trust the client”, it enabled a lot of cheaters…but aside from that it was a lot of fun.

I remember that game from years ago. Though I played other SOE (aka Daybreak Games, now) over the years, such as EQ1, EQ 2, SWG, and DCUO, I never played that one.

Is it still alive and worth downloading?

Honestly couldn’t tell you for sure. Seems like they did release a patch for it on June 12th so it’s still got to be going well enough for that. The numbers are likely on the low end as it’s an older game now but if you keep in mind that you jump in and join one of the worlds where everyone’s all together anyway, it’s usually a little different than if you have to sit in a 10 minute queue because it’s trying to match you.

I remember having a lot of fun with a few friends in it before. Sorry I can’t give you any concrete information on current events for it, but if it interests you it can’t hurt to give it a quick download and peek. It’s a free game after all. All it’ll take is a few hours of your time if you end up finding out it’s not for you or not populated enough to be worth it.

1 Like

As of right now Planetside 2 has around 2000 players.

I’d rather be stunned by Brig 100 times in a row then get 1-shot by a Widow even 1 more time.

I can control my interaction against Brig, I can stay out of bash range, trick her into trying to use it, counterplay…

Against widow, I hope they miss…or I have to hide all game long.

I agree, making players lose control of their characters against their will cannot continue.

Henceforth, Widowmaker should only be able to shoot Cheetos out of her rifle instead of bullets, Reaper should only be able to shoot confetti and Genji should only be allowed to throw fidget spinners.

Wouldn’t want anyone to lose control over their character, would we?

I don’t even know if that’s okay or don’t bother, for that game.

I wouldn’t know as I don’t play it. But there’s definitely some amount of players.

1 Like