This game has too much CC

Too many CC abilities that force the other player to lose control over their character with little-to-no ability/time to counter. It’s honestly super disheartening to play against these heroes every damn game. Until I had got this game a long while back, I had never ever seen so many ways to stun and/or stunlock a person in a single game at any given time, outside of MMORPGs (LOOKING AT YOU, TERA). If any more heroes are released and add more CC ability to the game, we may as well just rework every hero to have one because they mean life or death in any given scenario, driving the ability of “countering” into the ground.

Aight, I’m done.

17 Likes

Yeah, this game definitely has a CC problem. As far as CC is concerned, I swear it’s become the WoW FPS.

17 Likes

It’s a common misconception that this game is meant to be fun.

38 Likes

I feel like I was clickbaited

10 Likes

That makes me wonder what you were expecting me to say…

I wasn’t expecting anything =V
Tbh, I think we need more heroes without that much movement abilities and not much CC, maybe buff abilities like damage resistance or whatever

2 Likes

There is a lot of CC and very very little ways of avoiding CC.

6 Likes

I enjoy CC greatly personally, but admittedly, I’m an MMO PVPer so there’s bias there. Still, I think the biggest issue is (unlike other CC-heavy games) OW is lacking a reasonable amount of cleansing abilities compared to CC, especially with the past few heroes being so heavy on it, we sorely need more CC-counters in the next couples new heroes.

3 Likes

Yeah, like current WoW since they gutted so many cleansing abilities a while back.

3 Likes

You know, I really can’t argue that point anymore. This game must get a kickback from doctors for prescribing heart medication.

2 Likes

That’s what happens when you have heroes like Genji and Tracer with insanely high mobility. It makes them harder to hit across all ranks (affecting lower ranks more, because their accuracy sucks in the first place) which inherently increases their power. The only way to bring down their viability without nerfing them into the ground is either introduce CC or introduce more mechanics capable of one shotting them, which this community has already made clear enough that they’re against.

You could argue that just means we need anti-CC or cleanse added to heroes (and who knows, maybe Hero: 28 is just that), but adding too much anti-CC or cleanse simply brings the high mobility heroes BACK to the level they were at, thus requiring the introduction of more CC. It’s a very, very fine line to walk.

9 Likes

Have you tried… Oh, I dunno. Maybe… Staying the hell away from heroes that can stun you?

1 Like

Lol, because I don’t ever need to touch the point, right?

5 Likes

Yeah, Krow. Unfortunately, it’s a line that Goodman has now proven himself completely incapable of walking. Unfortunately, this isn’t first game where his sense of balance has been from an alternate dimension. It was the same way with him back in WoW and HoTS.

1 Like

Best way to avoid getting stunned is to stay in spawn! What’s that? We have a point to capture/payload to push? Nahhhhh.

10 Likes

I’m chewing on the ice in my glass to relieve myself of the frustration the CCs cause me.

1 Like

And guess what? In QP, at least, I’ve gotten frustrated enough that I’ve done just that, simply because I refused to quit that time and take a penalty due to piss-poor balance and design.

Hell, just the other night I did that, and just waited out the match while we talked in whispers while you were over in D2.

2 Likes

Honestly, I think the line is fine enough that almost no one would be able to walk it successfully. The easy solution is to simply avoid high mobility heroes in the first place, but that just limits creativity and diversity in the game.

Whether it’s Goodman at the helm or someone else when it comes to balance… I don’t think we’ll ever be satisfied with CC vs anti-CC/mobility. Ever.

The problem is how they designed that mobility in the first place. Tracer, from what I’ve heard over the years in interviews, was a Jumper class from Project Titan and the “Tracer” character we have now was a skin for it.

This type of mobility might have worked in the MMO they were trying to create. But who knows, because Blizzard higher-ups canned it after 70 million dollars because it “wasn’t fun to play.”

Guess what, fellas? Neither is Overwatch with that stuff in it, either.

2 Likes

You should try out some tf2.

Excellent shotgun gameplay (things you shoot with shotguns die super fast!), there are no stuns, no disables, every class is useful and won’t cause your team to throw, the healing is balanced, etc.

It’s great fun. Makes me sad thinking about what OW could have been if they had followed valve’s goal of making everything as fun to fight as it is to play.

Only downside is the lack of waifus (and no Reapers).

4 Likes