This game has too much CC

In Paladins the way they get around that (other than resilience which brings it down on it’s own) is having some abilities grant CC immunity for it’s duration. Like there’s a talent for Grohk that while someone is being healed by his totem they are immune to CC effects. So maybe like a buff to allies that make them immune for a certain time.

1 Like

Paladins also has much more predicable movement, whether it’s the slide from Lex and Lian, the double jumping from Maeve, or the blinking from Evie. It isn’t nearly as ADHD inducing. And you can actually shoot a flying Willo out of the air without having to be pro-level aiming. Drogoz, too. His flight is nowhere near Pharah level annoying.

1 Like

This guy gets it.

Thanks to the magic powers of fever-dreams and the internet, TF2 waifus come in the form of the Pyro sporting some very out-of-place… “enhancements.”

Also, 5 of 9 classes are just variants of Reaper since they all got shotguns lol.

Yeah. Drogoz has to be a lot more careful with his fuel. Evie’s blink is probably the least predictable mobility in the game. Can you PM me a link to your steam profile on Battlenet? I can’t seem to find you.
Edit: Got it thanks

Paladins also has a lot more stuns in it. Hell, some characters have more than 1 stun. On a single character! People here would lose their minds. And stuns there are also longer, ie. 1.2 seconds, 2 seconds, etc.

There are also ways to reduce those stuns and the time to kill is longer in Paladins compared to Overwatch.

Which is what I’m saying…Of course they’re gonna add those if there are a lot more stuns in the game and the stuns are longer.

Bomb King, Inara, Furia, Jenos kind of, Khan, Makoa, Mal’Damba, Seris with a certain talent and her ult, Sha Lin but that’s super hard to get, Talus kind of, Terminus with a certain talent, Zhin kind of. That’s all the characters with stuns I can think of.

Overwatch has Doomfist kind of, McCree, Mei, Junkrat kind of, Orisa kind of, Reinhardt, Roadhog, Zarya kind of, Ana, Brigitte. Percentage wise Overwatch would have 10/27 where Paladins has 12/37

Now when it comes to displacement for Paladins there’s Ash, Bomb King, Buck with a certain talent, Fernando with a certain card, Khan, Makoa, Seris, Sha Lin but it barely moves, Talus, Torvald’s Ultimate.

Overwatch there’s Doomfist, Pharah, Junkrat, D.va kind of, Orisa kind of, Reinhardt, Roadhog, Winston, Zarya kind of, Brigitte, Lucio.

Alright, so I did say specifically stuns. You’ve chosen to include non-stuns in here, them being Junkrat, Orisa, Zarya. You also mentioned Ana, although she doesn’t have a true stun (you wake at the first 1 damage you receive).

Aside from that, if we’re going to include non-stuns, when you missed heroes like Grover who roots, Cassie/Inara/Maeve who use displacements and Moji/Pip who can disable everything except movement. I don’t even play the game and have looked at limited heroes but if I’ve already noticed 6 that you’ve missed when I haven’t even looked at any cards either, I wonder think how many more stuns/roots/displacements/offense disables are being understated.

Oh right I forgot about those. Apologies. Grover’s root is only with a certain talent and there’s no other root I know of. Inara doesn’t have a displacement just a wall and that’s not really a displacement. While they both have a ton of CC, only 1 of these games has reliable counters to CC. For a game all about counters, there doesn’t seem to be a good counter for stuns and the like.

For a game to have mobility while also having non-mobility heroes in the game, you need something to keep them in check, thats where CC comes in.

Its proven that without CC, mobility has been dominating over all the ranks, Tracer and Genji has been the go to for DPS because of mobility and how hard it was to counter them because they’re harder to hit. Thats where CC comes in.

Annoying or not, CC is designed to stop and counter mobility, same goes for any counter in this game.

2 Likes

The core problem is how stupidly the high-mobility in this game is designed for a shooter. I could never put my finger on it since I don’t have a lot of shooter experience, but that TF2 video put into words what I was also looking to say.

You’re right, when you design mobility like that, you need CC to counter it. The issue we have is that with so much CC in the game, and not even a majority of the roster having that kind of high mobility, it becomes a problem.

It’s a problem that keeps rearing its head, and has been propounded by Brig. A hero designed to counter the mobility, and absolutely wrecks the non-mobile heroes. It’s like the balance and design team either (1) rushes designs and doesn’t consider all the consequences of what they’re designing, or (2) have backed themselves into a corner without entirely nerfing the mobility mechanics of those heroes, which is a non-starter anyway.

1 Like

I think there needs to be like cripple effects. Cripple is a status effect that disables movement abilities but lets every other ability through. It does exist in this game but only for abilities that would restrict movement anyway like Junkrat’s Trap and Zarya’s Ultimate.

By normal Blizzard timelines, this game was seriously rushed out the door. They can’t even fall back on Project Titan, since Jeff has claimed that the most they used from Titan was assets for the initial proof of concept for the approval process, and it was really only about 4-5 characters. He claimed they built a majority from the ground up, and I don’t believe this game was ever tested properly. Blizzard games would normally spend more than two years in just the Alpha stage. Hell, from 2014 to now they’d normally still be in internal Beta, at most. Yet, here we all two years post-launch, after a mere two years development, and the game has so many issues, so many design concepts that simply aren’t working the further one goes into the game, and hero reworks becoming hot-and-cold running.

1 Like

Mhm, you couldn’t do it quite MMO style but I think there’s a few ways one could work it for Overwatch. There’s the Zarya bubble kind of method and one could also try some preemptive types of cleansing, like an aoe safe zone, etc.

And I’m fine if we’d like to start discussing those but please don’t call them cleanses. Cleanse means to clean something, you can’t clean something that’s already clean. They’re two different types of abilities, it’d be like confusing stuns with silences.

Can I have a silence in Overwatch? One that silences the damned voiceline spam? :rofl:

1 Like

Yes and yes. I’m setting it for top priority.

1 Like

Honestly, this opens up the possibility of having heroes with anti-cc, and since we do need more tanks and supports compared to DPS it would make sense.

Zarya’s bubble is the best example of how anti-CC would work, so its possible if they were to design a tank that is half support, they could implement an ability that act as an anti cc or another support that has the same thing as well.

Unfortunately, the wife and I may not be here to see it. At this point, it’s looking like too little too late for us. The past 10 days have been absolute garbage. I’m not playing a video game to get constantly frustrated.

I’m downloading TF2 as we speak and will give that a shot. I don’t know if the wife will do so. For our duo play, we’re either going back to Heroes of the Storm or Paladins. Maybe we’ll look at Overwatch again after the summer. At this point, I just don’t know. We stuck with it for two years, taking needed breaks here and there. But at this stage, the title is right. The game is just too much, and enough is enough.