This game has too much CC

I tried it when it first came out. I think I can’t handle Battle Royale games. Too chaotic for me.

I’ve been thinking about playing Heroes of the Storm. Never tried it.

when doomfist came out is when CC was getting out of control but luckily he was useless until now

I’ve never tried BR games before.

I downloaded TF2 last night, since I’d never played that Hero-Shooter. Overwatch was my first shooter. Most I ever did before that was Half-Life 1 & 2 back when they were released.

The wife and I enjoy HoTS. I’d start out versus A.I. They have a difficulty slider and Veteran and Elite can be tough when you’re starting out. The wife and I still play those a lot to learn heroes.

1 Like

The nice thing about HoTS is that unlike in more serious MOBAs, there isn’t a “Hero X should only go a certain lane” like low, mid, or upper. HoTS is much more casual. You still want to soak XP from minions and structures at the start, but all XP is team-wide not invidividual based, also unlike other MOBAs.

We generally dislike MOBAs, but we enjoy HoTS.

Their dev team also makes this one look like the J.V. Team.

That’s a poor comparison to make. Dying normally, while it doesn’t feel good, is not nearly as bad of a feeling as being CC’d. You know you’re there. You know want to do something, but you can’t. Why? Because you can’t move. Dying on the other hand, you know you’re not there and you know it’s already over.

edit: No wonder why you responded with that anyhow. You’re really loving Brigitte this season.

1 Like

Might have to give it a whirl.

Yeah man, i’m totally loving Brigitte in like the 6 games total I’ve played this season.

Weak.

Plus the 41 hours you’ve added on in QP in ~3 months.

How dare I. What a monster I am, amirite?

not going to lie thought this was a troll post at first saying there’es too much content lol. add cc to it plz

Guess a few people thought that as well.

This is what I was thinking. We had few CC and lots of mobility heroes (Genji, Tracer, Pharah, Junk, etc.) on release.

I don’t think the CC is too much yet, but we’ll see what future iterations will hold.

Please note that I am not picking on you. I just needed that quote. I knew it’d been tossed around the forums a bit lately, but this thread was the only place I could remember where it was. And it fits in here, anyway.

Anyway, I just can’t go along with that excuse. Warcraft was their first RTS. Diablo was their first ARPG, WoW was their first MMO, and HoTS was their first MOBA. Blizzard isn’t some new studio. They have a history of developing across multiple genres. And this team isn’t new to game design, they’ve worked on WoW, Titan, HoTS (in some cases), and so forth.

The issue is that Blizzard rushed Overwatch out the door. Originally it was believed that it just reused a bunch of Project Titan. That was, until Jeff came out and said that Titan assets were only used for the Proof of Concept, which used one map and 4 or 5 of the MMO’s classes made into Heroes. After that, they built it all from the ground up and as something new.

Well, therein lies the issue. Two years from concept to release. Name one other Blizzard game that moved that rapidly. Normally, four years from concept, they’d be in one of the Beta phases right now. And that’s what this game feels like right now: a normal Blizzard beta. Broken balance, hero reworks becoming hot-and-cold running, map adjustments, et cetera.

Maybe if they’d been a little less concerned with the $70 million blown on Titan, and had actually put real Blizzard quality into developing Overwatch, it would have ended up differently. But they’ve had numerous genre firsts for the company, and none of them that I can recall have been as broken as this for so long.

2 Likes

You’re right, it doesn’t really work as an excuse. Particularly when comparing to valve, whose first shooter was half-life which is still one of the best shooters ever made.

All the same, if every company could make shooters as good as valve can, the shooter genre would be amazing. I think Blizzard’s issue is that they tried to copy concepts over that worked in different genres, and ultimately ended up sacrificing all the things that make shooters fun instead of frustrating.

Also, you mentioned earlier that you were looking to play half life? Valve are currently selling half life 2 for 70p on steam.

“Too much CC.”

Don’t even get me started. Try playing League.

Overwatch doesn’t have as much CC as you think.

League has, what, 100+ characters?

Well, to be fair, Blizzard has always mainly taken stuff from other games in the genre, twisted them a bit, and generally put a bit more spit polish on them. It’s been their M.O. for almost 20 years.

Unfortunately, this one turned out to be a rather rushed and half-***ed job.

I think I will buy them before July 5th. Probably the $4-and-change bundle of both games and episodes. I’m just thinking about it because I need to make sure I won’t get too involved in the RPG aspect. Then my summer manuscript deadlines go to hell. One should always know one’s weaknesses.

My 8-year-old’s account also has Telltale Games on it that came with a Humble Bundle he wanted for something else. So, I’m probably going to log into his account and play The Walking Dead, Batman, and Guardians of the Galaxy games, too.

Funny thing, I started playing Roblox with the 8-year-old yesterday. I actually found some fun little games in there, including a little RPG. Hey, don’t judge me. :rofl:

I did just now pick-up Shadowrun Returns (Deluxe) for free thanks to Humble Bundle, though. Ever since my table-top days, I’ve loved Shadowrun since its 1989 debute.

2 Likes

nope pharah gets hit the least by cc

I tried Paladins and it seemed more fun than OW, but I hate the services they install on my PC so I uninstalled it.

I did play a few matches, though, and they seemed a lot more balance than OW competitive.

If only they would stop installing random services and Anti-Cheap software separately from the game, I’d keep it installed. I like to keep my system relatively clean…

Wife and I stopped playing it because they just nickle-and-dime everything (and this is coming from two people who spent well over $70 on each of the two accounts). And now they admitted on their live stream that Paladins is losing money every month.

It’s Hi-Rez, so that means that eventually they’re going to abandon the damned game, probably within the next 12 months. Seems now they’re all hyped for their Realm Royal game that’s in open Alpha. I’ll pass.