“This will get rid of GOATs”
“This will get rid of Dive”
“This will get rid of Pirate Ship”
“This will get rid of Deathball”
“This will get rid of Anti-Dive”
“This will get rid of Pick comp”
“This will get rid of Beyblade”
“This will get rid of Nanoblade”
“This will get rid of Orisa-Hog”
…ugh. Why do some hate a specific comp so much that they want to see it deleted entirely from the game? It needs counters. People are angry because they feel like they have no viable counters to it. Let’s not mix up our emotions and chant for the removal of GOATs when buffing/creating counters to it would be far better for the game.
Most people that say Brig needs to be ‘balanced properly’ just means they want her reworked because they hate her playstyle. DVA is weak to beam heroes. Brigitte would be weak to a future hero that may counter armor and (alongside Reinhardt) would be weak to a hero that penetrates barriers.
That would be a messy system. Your ally would be a detriment to you and you’d get no value out of your hero as long as you are near each other. It would be like running two Lucios in Mystery Heroes. If both of you are healing then one of you is doing nothing.
I know it is hard for players to see and maybe that is why there is silence but really…
- Introduce a hero that can create a field that denies healing or even slows enemies = detriment to GOATs.
- Introduce a support that can buff allies with Armor negating/molten bullets for a temporary amount of time = detriment to GOATs
- Torbjorn’s main gun having molten characteristic like his ult to do extra damage to armored targets = detriment to GOATs
- Introduce a hero with barrier penetrating primary fire = detriment to GOATs/Barrier comps
- Buff Orisa, Symmetra and Bastion = detriment to GOATs
Drastic bandaid fixes/nerfs seems like as bad of an option as “revert overwatch to 2016” “delete all post heroes” threads.