They were right, Sombra mains weren’t going to be happy until she became meta

“You guess we could say”.

You’re wrong on almost every count so. Nice bait? Sombra has seen situational play in the tournament scene for a long time, even when she was much weaker than she is today, so claiming she is perceived as good ‘only because of the esport’ is just deeply misguided.

Before you get carried away with your “she’s in every game” I should remind you that her overall pickrate is >1% and her most played bracket is 1,9% on GM so maybe you should stop with the exaggerations?

Sombra is better now on live servers due to a meta shift. Less Mercy’s around was good for Sombra, a weaker Brig was good for Sombra, the introduction of Hammond was good for Sombra. There’s a number of factors here but it’s not “because people watched a tournament”…

Trying to talk down and insult Sombra players on the forum is just a sad attempt to be toxic.

2 Likes

Overbuff does by player pickrates, not by team or game. Using the stats from four posts above you, Sombra’s pickrate is 1.17%. When you convert this to the chances a team of 6 have a Sombra, you actually get ~7% pickrate, and a game of 12 players you get a 13-14% chance of having a Sombra.
That is for all ranks, not just Plat, but it shouldn’t vary that much.

Literally every game was a combo of her and dva getting big team kills.

Since doing the same calculation that you just did for Rein’s pick rate results in a more than 130% chance of Rein, I’m gonna go ahead and say there’s a fault in your methodology.

Even by your own calculation you’re only going to see Sombra in 14% of games, which is decidedly less than ‘the majority’.

Shes still a terrible character that is outshined by majority of DPS heroes that dont need communication.

1 Like

Her highest pickrate is 2.53% and it’s in GM. For comparison, Ana’s GM pickrate is 14.33%

1 Like

Well there are downsides to your main being meta.

You’d be surprised how much a Sombra can do by herself.

My dps alt is ~3800 right now, and i dont have much time on Sombra, but in my 3 hours playing her i have a 75% winrate on her, just playing her in a solo carry way at times.

I have a clip where i got like a 4K almost alone on while my entire team was dead on volskaya defence second point.

1 Like

We didn’t shut up because she became meta; we shut up because they finally fixed her bugs and loosened the LoS checks

Yeah, I’m absolutely not a fragger on Sombra (only 33% weapon acc which is really low for my rank), but I can still get a lot done without a coordinated team. And after 400 hours of her, I’ve never used a mic. It’s not as important as people make it seem

You’re acting as if this is exclusive to only Sombra players lmao

Every time the world cup happens (or any decent tourney/league, for that matter) you’ll see an influx in whatever heroes the pros pick. Happened with Zenyatta when Dive hit peak popularity, happened with Doomfist, even Wrecking Ball is seeing more time than a newer hero normally would around this time post-release.

Nice try, trying to throw Sombras under the bus though.

3 Likes

I still defend the idea that Sombra’s rework didn’t make her significantly stronger. She’s about the same tbh minus the ability to contest while invis which was a huge deal for me. She’s just easier to use. It’s true that having infinite invisibility does allow you to engage at the right moment but you could do that before too, you just had to be more careful about it, now, since it’s infinite, it’s way more forgiving. She’s far from being a mustpick, even the pros don’t use her that much…

2 Likes

It’s a hero that simply does not support casual play ,what do you want them to do ? rework her from the ground up to work in the ladder ?

Dude. on my dps alt in 250 hours playing on it i havent even been in voice chat once, and i dont use text chat for coordination.

Voice chat isnt needed, people know when im going to emp. People know when to and how to follow up on it, and if they dont i can just get value out of it by solo emp’ing a zen or something.

Also, my accuracy is like around 40%, so you dont really need the best accuracy, just try and hit the shots that matter.

1 Like

Im fine with some heroes being more team and communication dependent than others. If you are in the rank/have the team for them, go for it. Problems arise when people try and force a pick that clearly isnt working out well due to a lack of teamwork. There are multiple hero choices for a reason :slight_smile:

Im actually not happy with sombra, In fact i quited this game after the rework, Most of the people who played sombra didint want the rework, people who didint play sombra also didint want the rework.
BUT HEYYYYY PRO’S USE IT RIGHT?!

1 Like

Lol, 40% accuracy is actually REALLY good, so idk what you mean

1 Like

For tracking dps 40% is accualy really good.

Haha would be nice if that would be true.

Problem is Sombra needs like 100 times more teamwork then every other hero if one of your teammates arent in voice you loose alot of your power.
And she gets countered by way less teamwork from the enemies.

You still get flamed and blamed as Sombra for everything and she still is borderline unplayable in low elos because she depends way to much on her team. And OWL and OW are totally different games.

Isnt that just because we are solo queue?