There are no bad players

I literally onetricked ball to masters lmao

Got it! So that widowmaker on our team who never switched never got a solo kill and never contributed to any of the kills the other 5 members of our team pulled deserved that win that by gods grace we clutched out somehow… Yup.

But also they then deserved to lose on the next game i saw them in on the enemy team cause I avoided them, totally unrelated to their mechanics btw just didn’t like their name :), where they did the same thing as before.

alright being on the other side they body shot a few times that i could see, but those shots literally never once amounted to a kill.

Never saw them again since this yesterday, but hey i guess if they stay in that rank, continue missing shots on widow and never switch they Deserve that Rank :smiley:

1 Like

they drop to a rank they belong in 4head

As a devout non-one trick you are very wrong. Once you climb to high diamond… dont worry about it, probably never will happen… there are tons of one trick dps, how have great aim, but that’s it. It’s pretty annoying, they are usually very blamey.

U climb by improving, not magic

Why is that strange? I have 3 plat accounts and 3 diamond ones

Sure. That’s why when i avoid a player, i can look at their account 5 days later and see they dropped 700 SR. They didn’t belong in our games in the first place.

There are no good players (except me).

1 Like

Yes, it does. Frequently. I’ve been queued with silvers in diamond. I’ve been queued against masters in plat. I’ve been queued with people who are placing and then when I check them later on, they’ve ended up in low gold. I’ve also had people who are in diamond who are playing like they’re silver. The system isn’t working at all.

1 Like

This is how the system is broken. A GM can always loose as much as he wants. And a bronze can always buy a GM account. Until they start IDing before each match starts, this problem will always exist.

I don’t think this problem is a gigantic problem though, and accept full responsibility for my SR.

Not everyone deserves his rank. If all players truly belonged in their rank you would see much less complaining from both sides.

1 Like

I have to disagree, for real this is a team game. Same as there are sinergies, heroes that work better with others, ults that are in combo and so many things.

Of course youc an carry your team been an awesome player too good for your elo, like a smurf, and of course usually those who carry are dps as support and tanks cannot do too much alone.

The system makes a lot of mistakes, the matchmaking is terrible, there are smurfs and also there are overturned characters and meta that, even played by bad people are a safe bet to win most of the time.
You are right people should focus in themselves, cause is the only thing they can do, youa re right that we should avoid to be nasty and salty against other players, if thats your point.

But please, be a bit realistic, same as some people are casuals, there are levels of experience, and same as you can be working with a good team and win when you ahve done not much in that one. THIS is a TEAM game and it was designed sold and advertised as one. OWL and pros work together in strategies and compositions cause of it, theres no…go alone and win option.

Been said this, is natural that people get frustrated but, if they want to improve they have to look at themselves. Basically cause there are, same as in life, other things they cannot control and they have to adapt as well as they can.

Yes they most definitely are. Is GM player on alt acc in bronze same skilled player as normal bronze? No he isnt, same as other way around. So yes, in every elo they players who are:

Exceptionaly bad
bad
normal
good
exceptionaly good

System do make mistakes as its not perfect system lol. Not to mention player are getting better, worse in time so they will be better than others in their elo or worse.

3 Likes

Just stumbled upon this one. A weird opinion, but okay. Not sure if it is 100% correct, though.

Objectively untrue.

Because some people are worthy of criticism.

No, because there are. Perhaps “bad” is too easy of a word…Try “stupid”. I had a Masters Tank in my comp game the other day and do you know what he did? Played Roadhog with the other Tank being Hammond…against double sniper. He was a good Roadhog as to be expected, but his choices were game-ruining. That makes a stupid player to me.

This sentence has troll written all over it.

Wrong. If someone has about a 50% winrate and generally plays fair games in whatever rank they are in with everything seeming equal, then they are probably where they belong at that moment in time. But that isn’t everybody, otherwise people wouldn’t climb. You seem to forget…we all have to start somewhere and climb up to the top, passing each rank on the way. People being placed too low (or too high) does happen.

Wrong again. Just because someone is in the same rank as another person doesn’t mean they’re on an equal playing field. In any game where two people are playing the same hero, there is going to be one person who is better than the other. Take Widowmaker, for example. The Widowmaker who loses more sniper-duels is the worse Widowmaker, and therefore should switch. Those two players could have the exact same SR (say 3100), but one of them is incredibly likely to still be better than the other. Climbing in Overwatch does have an element of luck to it simply because the system determines SR by wins and losses.

Trolololol

Ever been in Diamond + before? Your SR gain is only determined by whether you win or lose - it ignores your performance entirely. Yesterday I played 5 games of Comp where this happened:
Win - 3070
Loss - 3047
Win - 3070
Loss - 3047
Win - 3070
I lost and gained the exact same amount of SR each game. If I were still in Plat the number would far more likely change, say 3070, 3047, 3069, 3049, 3073. But why is a fixed SR gain/loss rate implemented? Because this is a TEAM GAME and it’s giving people an incentive to work together instead of going off trying to up your stats.

I throw this saying around all the time, but I like to say this: It takes one person to lose a game and an entire team to win one.
That’s the truth. This is a team game, and there are ignorant players with bad judgement or lack of mechanical skill across all the ranks.

No wonder you sound like someone who doesn’t understand the game, you’re a one trick. This makes sense.

LOL

No I’m not - I have multiple accounts, each dedicated to tackling a separate focus.

Nice attempt at ad hominem, though - even though you proved absolutely nothing. _https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/ad-hominem

Well, you can take the red pill and accept the truth about the reality your in or you could take the comfortable blue pill and keep on living in denial.

The whole point of a competitive system is to see how good you are relative to the other contestants.
Like in order to climb you must actually improve YOURSELF, not blame your teammates for not carrying you to somewhere you can’t get on your own feet. So yeah, you can’t just mindlessly grind it out and hoping that you will climb because playing a lot of games doesn’t necessarily make you better if you keep doing the same mistakes over and over. Mistakes people that are better than you wouldn’t do to begin with or at least not remotely close to as often as you, that’s why you are where you are.

1 Like

Right now, there are rarely evenly matched matches, either you already see you are rolling the enemy team, or you get rolled. When there is an even match, it is most common that all parties enjoy the game no matter the outcome.

This is for lower ranks btw, where there be drago… i mean smurfs.

2 Likes

There are no bad players in my bracket
High plat to mid diamond

Lets see
One game I had a torbjorn who put his turret directly in front of the spawn doors of anubis

Another I had a rein who kept charging in against a pocket bastion and then complained that I didnt heal them

I had duo snipers who were being picked off and were salty and immediately threw

So no
There are bad players
We all have bad players

1 Like