There are no bad players

There are no bad players is a good idea, but there are. Most players make a handful of mistakes every minute, so yes i consider that bad.

What’s more helpful is think to yourself how you are helping your teammates by telling them simple crap like WE NEED MORE DAMAGE or YOU SUCK… you’re not. Maybe suggest more barrier burn, if that’s the case but I would recommend not typing anything, just voice coms YOUR plan, and hope people will join you…

As far as the system makes no mistakes… god you are an idiot. Or are you just communicating in code like you’re whole, there are no bad players, so focus on yourself shtick?

1 Like

That’s just rude bro. Buy skins, watch OWL.

The problem with your logic is you get stuck with teammates who dont want to compete, or at least not put the effort in needed to compete.

Switch to counter, learning to stick with your team, understanding basics like fighting around chokes/pushing chokes, focus firing. The list of bare minimum requirements to compete that people dont want to do goes on and on.

There are no bad players in my bracket, but theres a whole lot that are too lazy or dont care enough to do the bare minimum asked to actually compete and just whatever they want.

There’s no problem with my logic, at least in the way you’re attempting to counter it. There’s nothing that stops me from improving or competing to my best ability when I get bad teammates.

Sorry, that the nicest word i could think of. Ill rephrase, by saying you’re only one when it comes to critically thinking about a system that at all levels below master, there are agonizing games due to at least one person acting on a whole new skill level than others.

Not even including smurfs and incels.

The system works fairly well if you only play comp, constantly, while you learn how to play, AND from the very beginning. But even if conditions are as intended, its still fairly well, and you get lumped in with people who the conditions are completely off kilter.

So fairly well, is as best as it can get… pretty far from no mistakes. Before 222 you had to get to diamond for the games not to be a coin flip, now… with the dps mains playing tank for the first time just to get a loot box and dick around… in their dps ranks… yeah… no.

1 Like

Overwatch is a game of counter-picking. By one tricking you limit yourself and your team greatly.

For instance, I had a match where this enemy Widow was thrashing my team’s Junkrat. He literally couldn’t do a thing and complained like a baby. His Junkrat wasn’t even a good pick, but I switched off Rein (I even had ult) and just annihilated the Widow as Winston. He was still dying constantly (now he had no barrier to sit behind). Even though I counter picked for Widow, he was ineffective still and refused to counterpick himself to gel with our team comp. That’s where the “bad players” lie. I don’t care if he had 500 hours on Junkrat, the enemy comp was just laughing at him. One tricking limited him. A subpar Reaper would’ve been miles ahead of his “500 hour Junkrat skills”. Pure and simple. One tricking has its pros (you can make amazing plays with that character or have amazing game sense to overcome difficulties) and its obvious cons (a garbage enemy counterpick will ALWAYS have the advantage over you. Their kit is literally designed to end you).

The matchmaker is correct. If you get a one-trick on your team, it’s because you yourself are a one-trick. It’s science.

2 Likes

Actually it means that one trick is at their limit as a player. Sorry but that’s the reality. You might “think” you’re good, but actually you’re where you’re due to you unwillingness to bend. Others might get placed in your rank but by flexing even slightly, they’ll climb. Only one tricks get hardstuck, plain and simple. You’re literally the most affected by ANY patch since a change to any other character has an impact on yours, however slightly.

1 Like

This is true. One-tricks have never climbed out of any bracket. The truth of it is that they are all bronze and can be easily defeated by any potato who picks a counter. This is simple logic. Thank you for the revelation, fan.

2 Likes

Lol I can tell you got hurt by realizing you’re at your limit, but one tricks have a plateau. Some climb yes, until they hit that wall. Yours seems to be low gold? And if you enjoy that, awesome! I totally understand settling for mediocrity, but I’d take a Gold flexer over a Diamond 1 trick who hit their limit.

What did you look this account up or something? Yeah I played Torb at 3400 for like 3 seasons and got bored of the grind. This was back when he sucked.

Why then do pro coaches like ioStux recommend one-tricking something you enjoy playing?

1 Like

That’s for enjoyment purposes. I said I understood if he enjoyed Torb play Torb. But his argument of “I was Diamond” blah blah is a lie. He had a losing record (36% winrate in Season 5) literally every season before (and he didn’t even one trick). He’s just at his limit, so I understand him wanting to just play for enjoyment.

If you want to have fun, play what makes you happy.

If you want to climb, learn to flex and counterpick. Simple lol.

Why then do pro coaches like ioStux recommend one-tricking something you enjoy playing?

LMAO hahahah fail troll is fail. And if you aren’t then you are 100% wrong. Please explain to me how someone who maintained plat for many seasons (as well as low diamond on another account) all of a sudden gets to silver right when role queue started? Yeah, I am sure everyone got insanely better overnight while I got incredibly bad.

Leavers, throwers, dps healers are all my fault.

Delusional people make me laugh. TY TorbOnly. I needed a good laugh after non stop horrible matches.

Dude, you’re literally using 1 coach as the word of overwatch god. I’m sure you’re a stuck one trick as well, and reality is tough.

But I won’t ever tell someone not to have fun. If one tricking yourself into Ilios Well is fun, props lol

Lol he said 3500 SR, I literally looked at his Overbuff and my 9 year old does better lol

All I did was ask a question. I didn’t mean to make you feel threatened.

Personally, I think they recommend it for a variety of helpful reasons for people wanting to rank up:

1. Science shows that you learn better when you’re having fun; hence playing something you enjoy.
  2. If you never really test your upper limits (e.g. by playing into “counters”) then you limit your effectiveness in the long term as well as the short term. You simply don’t understand the game as well as someone who’s pushed it to the limits.
  3. You can reach a level of mastery on that hero that makes “counters” (I say “counters” because there’s no real hard counter in Overwatch) irrelevant.
3 Likes

I just said it was on the basis of fun. If you one trick to improve a certain skill (i.e. Widow to practice hitscan mechanics), that’s proactive yes. Don’t expect to climb at an insane or even any rate, but if you use that to become an amazing McCree against Pharah, or Soldier 76 tracking heads like a monster, then yes it becomes a tool for training and not just a “can’t or won’t play anything else ever”.

That’s probably what he recommended. Freedo from YourOverwatch used to recommend the same. When I came to PC I was literally hot garbage on dps. I went from Grandmaster Xbox tracer to low gold on PC. I made the switch to Tank flexing (long before role queue), and steadily climbed back. Now, my Zarya tracking makes me a deadly Sym. I one tricked Zarya for a year because she had the best kit to train tracking for tanks (Sym’s beam was still the lock on mechanism back in S3)

Because I trained on Zarya, I literally can flex to any tank at a given moment.

PS. I will literally dominate an enemy team with Winston regardless of their Reaper. I’m that confident. I constantly play into counters IF the reward will beat the risk.

And regarding me feeling threatened, I guess you reposting the same question twice seemed kind of smart a-ish. I know I didn’t elaborate the first time I answered, so you just posting the exact same question again annoyed me. But I see you were just wanting more clarity on my thoughts?

Lmao plat saying he has a diamond alt