There are no bad players

There are no bad players in your bracket. Often time I’ll see criticism and complaints against fellow players for their hero picks and playstyles, demanding they switch or just harassing them in general.

Have we forgotten that there are no bad players in our respective brackets? The placement system, in its greatness, places people where they belong. If you’re in gold, it’s because you belong in gold. You have no right to criticize another gold player because they are just as skilled as you. The system makes no mistakes.

Focus on yourself because contrary to popular belief, this is not a team game.

9 Likes

Boy, do I have some news for you

22 Likes

If everyone is where they belong, there is no more point to playing competitive. This is a competitive ladder system you are meant to climb in rank.

7 Likes

The point is in competing and improving yourself.

You are meant to climb in rank after you improve yourself and deserve to climb.

7 Likes

Isn’t the idea to play against similarly skilled players to improve your ranking in the ladder? The grind should be all relatively even matches, which currently all games are. There is no skill variance per skill bracket.

2 Likes

You just told me they are where they belong, they don’t belong in any other rank. What’s the point of belonging someplace only to long to belong to somewhere else? Accept where you belong and quit playing?

1 Like

That is correct, the system makes no mistakes and that’s why every game is fair and even.

4 Likes

Blizzard employee exposed

7 Likes

This is a satire post?

Gold is the dumping ground for new players.

They might be bronze tier, destined to go crashing down, or GM tier destined to go shooting up.

Gold was relatively balanced until Beta. Then we got people on wrong roles as well as influx of fresh players.

That said, veteran players with loads of games under their belts should be at the right sr.

I’m a solid 2k player due to slow reflexes and various other reasons. When matchmaker puts me in 1600 games I rock, with 10+/1 kd.

I’ve played Vs diamonds and masters (and even GM’s) in off season, etc.

Suffice to say I’m not there yet…

I’m hoping gold rank will settle down in a few more months. For now it’s very volatile.

2 Likes

Yes. Sarcasm doesn’t translate well on-line.

2 Likes

Wasn’t sure. He seemed quite genuinely to be saying all players at the right sr, on a different thread.

It’s just funny to play the game in several different brackets and notice that there’s no real consistency. There are players in silver who dunk diamond players, plat games where both teams are just trickling the entire match, gold games where both teams are playing to the meta and generally very well.

I don’t think most people are anywhere near where they should be in a perfect world. If that were the case, my profiles wouldn’t have greater than a 1000 SR spread. It’s all just about how much time you invest. I played Torb at diamond on this profile for 3-4 seasons before playing Sombra down to bronze. Hardly played after that and never really went anywhere, even though I dump on most games.

4 Likes

Oh look. This thread again.

Oh look. This comment again.

1 Like

Oh look. This comment again.

Tsk tsk. Were you trying with Sombra or plain throwing?

I’ve noted the same.

1600 games with dry push, full regroup and point take.
2700 games with 1v6 feeding all game after first failed push.

Not helped that bad players take a long time to drop. I’m an appalling Hog, but nearly 50% win rate as I’ve been carried several times.

Or that thrower Widow I mentioned in another thread. She got a win due to some excellent supports, an enemy dps throwing and a crazy enemy Zen soft throwing.

1 Like

I was trying. I wasn’t great with her, but the biggest reason I lost at that point in time was because my teams would start throwing when I picked her because they assumed I was throwing. That’s probably account for 70% of my losses and the other 30% were totally on me just playing poorly at the bracket.

This was shortly after her launch when she was incredibly underwhelming.

2 Likes

I don’t always play my best every game. Rank is fluid. The rank you see if just a player’s average skill level.

On a bad day I could play near plat level, but on a good day I could be comparable to mid-masters.

3 Likes

How could you give up on Torb?

He’s an utter beast.

Best thing is bashing people to death with an inflatable hammer that squeaks like a pet toy.

Got bored of the grind and people berating me for “throwing” because Torb was a throw pick in most people’s minds. I figured if people really wanted me to perform poorly, I’d play something I’m not good at, so I switched.