The way you guys are treating the developers is beyond sickening

It is sad to see people treat them like scum when they finally talk. Every time this happens it’s all I think of. “Well so much for that guy.” He won’t be fired but he will never speak out to the community again. It does suck sometimes. But what can you do really. In overwatch If you’re not meta you are trash.

This.

All the people complaining are still playing the game. If they honestly hated the balance that much, they’d be playing something else, not coming here to rage unnecessarily on a dev like angry children.

It is true, I quit when double barrier was too much for me. Came back after the nerfs. If the game was THAT bad, I would not be here. I also quit after the first summer games because I thought we were going down an extremely anti-consumer path.

Maybe Jeff was ridiculed for his rant and is trying to take out his anger on us lol

That’s not exactly true and that’s kind of a really narrow way of looking at something. You can love a thing and still dislike parts of it.

I love ice cream but I hate that it causes my backside to spew contents similar to Willy Wonka’s chocolate river.

A lot of us who hate how bad the game has gotten in terms of balance, post here in the hopes the devs will see the dissent and actually do something to fix it so we can go back to fully enjoying the game we love.

2 Likes

A lot of the anger and toxicity that’s bubbled up is simply due to the developer silence. The only people that actually read the forums (as of 2018; "Reading our Feedback") were the mods who lock threads. Back in fall 2017, when the Devs were active, there was a much better relationship between them and the community. UP until they stated that they didn’t know what was wrong with Doomfist (who, at the time, couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn with any of his abilities) despite 3 megathreads that were sitting on the front page discussing the issue.

The developers have been coasting off the reputation they built as active partissipants on the forums since mid 2017. THat goodwill has long since run out, and this is the result of it.

3 Likes

They didn’t even appear to read the feedback anyway, particularly in regards to Mercy, which I believe led to hidden forum profiles so stats like ‘read posts’ could no longer be identified. The person presumably incharge of balancing/hero design hasn’t been on for several months since the support change overhaul which led to Mercy struggling to keep her role as a main healer.

People have become frustrated at the apparent disconnect that the team has with their game and, in particular, with their overall community. Some of the pros and popular streamers are in agreement too, which is refreshing. If there had been more regular discussions then there’d likely be less frustration building up.

Some people may have crossed the line, sure, being reasonably civil should be expected. Those few not being civil should probably be ignored. However, the community won’t bow to a response if it appears that the response seems to go against what the community and even some of the pros and popular streamers feel is currently happening in Overwatch.

That’s something I can agree on, nobody should be demanding someone’s fired for simply replying, rarely, to a discussion on the forum. Personal attacks shouldn’t be how some here and on other social media are handling the response.

4 Likes

The problem is that people will all pile on whatever a dev says and if it’s not what they want to hear they throw respect out the window and start raging at them.

Dev communication can be great if we can keep civil but…

1 Like

They have teams that collate feedback from the forums etc. and send it to the developers. Making their forum profiles private was probably because people were wasting time saying it was indicative of them not reading the feedback like you’re doing now, not because they wanted to hide the fact that they don’t read it.

Do we know this for certain? Otherwise that’s an assumption. As for forum profiles, I disagree. PTR had plenty of warnings too, but the hero still went live unchanged, long before the read posts counter was highlighted in a later megathread.

2 Likes

WyomingMyst has said it confidently multiple times, so I’d say so.

I don’t understand what you mean.
If a change on the PTR went through despite warnings on the forums, that is not definitively indicative that the developers didn’t read the warnings.

1 Like

No offence intended to anyone concerned, but to be perfectly honest that’s not necessarily confirmed data. We can only hope that the information that they have access to, or have been given, is correct and accurate. This type of action is often what would and should normally happen on an official forum regarding a popular product/service, but may not necessarily quite be the case on this occasion unfortunately.

It’s not indicative that they did read any of the feedback either…

I think it’s reasonably safe to say at this point that we’re likely going to disagree with each other no matter how we respond to one another, so in the interest of not possibly wasting each others time I think it might be wise to say we agree to disagree and leave it at that :slight_smile: :+1:.

I won’t be posting any further replies in this thread

3 Likes

Well, I don’t know the specifics, but I’m pretty sure he has access to people at Blizzard (Tech support team maybe?) and he seems very careful to make sure his information is correct before stating it.

Yes, that’s the point. We both agree its useless information then and thus using it to formulate arguments is not really fair or valid.

Okay, toodles :+1:

Overwatch was designed to create toxic people.
Even the nicest people will become toxic eventually.
A group based game without real teams. Or anything close to teamwork.
Where people get rewarded for being bad team members and doing their own thing, ignoring team members.

But i agree, being nice to others and getting things done by others, it is better to stay nice.(in most cases)

2 Likes

No, I am toxic by nature, but I have enough self control to not direct it at my teammates.

My sister is sweet as can be. She did not magically turn toxic. Albeit, she hardly wants to play the game anymore because of the toxicity.

Well put, I also think its just the way people are on the Internet - thanks to anonymity they do away with civilities often just to make a quick emotional statement to the devs. It was clear he was giving his opinion of this question of “powercreep” which is so easy to say when you can find any example of increased damage, abilities or c/d. All that really matters is how the game plays, I really don’t care if Soldier now does 10 more points of damage if its all relatively balanced out. I think that was his main point.

You think community is going to just trust and respect the devs after literally ruining the game for 3 years? After mercy patch, after brig patch. I can go on more. Game unplayable for 6 months every time.

This post is disgusting. This guy says genji and soldier are not a throw pick when baptiste gun DOES MORE DMG and HAS LESS SPREAD.

wdym.

1 Like

I guess community and developers have opposite intentions for this game.

And yes, there is no trust and respect left for developers, after everything they did. Besides, they didn’t do anything to regain lost trust and respect.

Because people want actions. Not empty words. Not empty and meaningless “your feedback is important to us” followed by months of silence and doing opposite of what those words supposed to mean. As it makes them no better, than this guy:

4 Likes

What did they do? Make one of the most successful FPS ever? Keep it running for years on just cosmetics, not selling QoL or power creep in the process? Keep updating it instead of releasing a yearly rehash?

Sounds quite terrible. Totally. :clap:

1 Like

what’d I do