The "they listened" thread

I am not sure if this is in the list, but Reaper cancelling wraithform was asked by so many.

Jeff or Geoff said they don’t think Reaper should have it, but changed their minds and added it later.

Just to add to the list:

They are testing a new viewer that’ll let us watch the OWWC in-game and real-time.

This will be the beta test for watching replays of our own games and able to change camera angles to see what we did wrong and how to improve.

But I’m sure we’ll still get more threads that Blizzard is ignoring us.

1 Like

Allright

now lets do a list about the stuff they didnt listen to and compare it
then we reach the conclusion

Btw: you forgot them not removing fade jump/punch jump/bash jump

1 Like

I haven’t seen a single thread asking for it to be removed.

And just because they don’t do something that some people want, doesn’t mean they aren’t listening. Just means they don’t agree.

We can’t act like children when Blizzard doesn’t do what we ask. They use more than just our opinion when implementing or testing changes. They look at statistical data, pro opinions, and internal testing. Some of these we don’t even get a chance to look at.

That doesn’t mean we shouldn’t voice our opinion, just that we need to do it in a respectful manner.

1 Like

you mean 99% of anything ever said on here? if you got a thousand suggestions and they go with 1 (which is realistically what they can actually do) did they not listen? dont confuse not doing something with not listening…theyre 2 very different things…

ill update this list sometime this week…theres a few things that belong on there

1 Like

And another thing.

The onus is on you to prove they aren’t listening. Baja already proved they listen with his extensive list of features and changes. Going on this thread to ask the opposite is on you.

Baja can add the Symmetra buff to the list.

ok…i updated it

• someone other than rein does karaoke (hammond and now torb and McCree!)
    added torb and McCree…in case you werent aware…go check it out :stuck_out_tongue:

• game now has an overheal mechanic
    this was from earlier and i hadnt put it in yet…the person that submitted didnt say who so im going to assume brig?

• 1-hero limit (before my time…someone verify)
    someone verify this one cause its before my time…all i know is that it was a thing in QP at one point…ill take it off if it shouldnt be on there

• pharah addressed for her console issues
    wish they hadnt also applied to PC but thats a different story

• transformation ults also reload

• junkrat multiple mines

• replay system in beta now

• mercy healing buff
    i know people are up in arms about this one…but a reminder that when the previous change happened the complaint (aside from the usual mercy complaints) was that it made her too weak…and evidently that was the case…this is NOT a mercy thread…go discuss somewhere else which changes are the ones she needs pls

• symmetra beam charges faster

note- im still working out if roadhog changes are in fact things that people were throwing out there as i havent paid too much attention to that discussion…someone else wants to chime in on that that would be appreciated

updated

• buffed mercy’s valk healing
  • adjust reapers spread pattern after people said the new one was a nerf
  • roadhog chain optimization changes
  • symm beam charges faster
  • removed unlock all option from hero gallery
  • B.O.B. now has a gold tint (gold weapon change)
  • the big brig shield bash nerf
  • the big doomfist nerf
  • tac visor helix rockets no longer lock on
  • buffed torb molten core
  • buffing mccree ult/fth nerfed
  • doomfist rebuffed
  • orisa movement buff
  • pharah explosion buffed again
  • soldier buffs
  • widow ult counterplay
  • wrecking ball shield buff
  • junkrat buff
  • lucio nerfs
  • reaper nerf
  • another sym ramp up buff
  • zen discord nerf

again not everything…just stuff i can remember seeing on forums or reddit…reminder that disagreeing does not mean not listening

1 Like

Great work. Zenyatta discord orb nerf was also a fairly common suggestion.

Buffed Deadeye

Buffed Torb’s survival

Baptiste:

New support enables dps

High skill hitscan (because 76, widow, mccree, ashe, hanzo, zarya, hammond, and ana apparently weren’t enough XD)

Has a bunch of abilities suggested by support mains

Plays like a dps so he’s easy to flex to

Enables bunker

Encourages ranged comps

1 Like

Alot of these were mistakes.

But storm arrow is generally considered as annoying or even more OP than scatter, whilst simultaneously being less fun to use for the Hanzo player.

Lower the mine damage for Junkrat.

He was obscenely meta because his mines just did 120dmg. People complained about the damage, others said, “It’s just for mobility, not damage.” So the Devs did change the damage output if it was “For mobility, not damage.”

I think they overdid it a lil, but that was a response to a community demand… on both sides.

1 Like

They’ve already admitted that they run things through the pros first of all. So that they listened is only partially true. If you’re amongst the 1% they listen, the 99% rest just doesn’t matter to them.

And beside, if they listened to the casual players, why haven’t they done anything to QP and competitive over the years? They’ve “botched” a little patch with the LFG tool, and that took them almost 2 years to get to (something that should have been there from launch).

To be fair, dive meta was a weird time when that was the mentality, and after the nade nerf Junkrat is much more reliant on his combos.

Definitely. I remember that was a time I was playing a lot of flex (meaning Reinhardt)… So it just annoyed me at how much damage Junkrat could throw onto a barrier in a short and safe amount of time.

I advocated for like 80dmg and saw that a lot. Devs responded much harder than that.

I also couldn’t count how many kill cams I saw of point blank mine and another mine though when I played anything with 200-ish HP.

1 Like

Doesn’t change the fact that the community asked for them … we don’t always know what we’re talking about …

Like I said above it is a “developer listening” thread not a “developer made the right call” thread…There is nothing wrong with not liking the changes but it does bother me when people still get angry even when they DO listen…It’s almost as if they are only ever worthy of blame around here

1 Like

What do you want me to say bruh?

had me laughing on this
That was surely gamebreaker, so they REVERT 3damage on the max radius of rockets

This is such a joke, please dont even mention Pharah when she barely got touched in more than 2 years
She’s a joke of a character, and overly countered

I know those feels, RHs charge is still broken 2 years in.