The "they listened" thread

I know those feels, RHs charge is still broken 2 years in.

Junkrat nade speed buff AND reduction in number of bounces. Both were forum ideas.

Shadowstep is a real ability now.

D.va matrix nerfs.

Immortality field

Hitscan support

Pew pew main support

More mobility abilities without cooldowns
(Hammond roll, Exo boots)

New male support

New male hero without a disability or other weird stuff.

More customization (workshop)

More arcade modes (workshop)

Update to custom games (workshop)

(Inb4 necro claims, OP said it was ok to update this topic)

Time to update this puppy

• Shadowstep buff
  • Random victory pose
  • male support hero
  • visual changes to amp matrix
  • countless workshop updates
  • REPLAY SYSTEM
  • Baptiste buffs (ammo, ult)
  • Orisa reload buff
  • Sym teleporter interaction range
  • Further changes to assault maps
  • Subtitles (accessibility)
  • Brig rework
  • Sym teleporter changes
  • Ashe reload
  • Storm arrows nerf
  • Moira CC invulnerability (j/k noone asked for that)
  • Rein boop resistance
  • Orisa barrier nerfed (that lasted long)
  • Sombra nerfed even though she didnt need it :wink:
  • Pulse bomb buff
  • Torb bikini (the most important change of all)
  • and something about a role queue and 222…
1 Like

Some of these good changes were poorly timed or completely lost point of changing or things got changed into things much worse.

For example they finally nerf Tracer and Genji after Brigitte came out who would have regardless destroyed even if it didn’t happen.

1 Like

Revert of Pulse Bomb’s silly nerf. Even then, only 50 of the 100 damage lost was restored.

YES

:heart_eyes:

:ok_hand:

Ana mains are some of the scariest players in FFA.

i agree, the most important change of all.

I hope they listen again and walk that back in QP.

1 Like

been a while since i updated this…here you go

• endorsements in arcade
  • MH heores reset between rounds
  • nerfed storm arrows
  • gave rein knockback resistance
  • reworked teleporter (though players have since complained about this version)
  • nerfed syms beam
  • tried then revered changes to how placeable objects interact with edges
  • expanded the arcade (7 slots)
  • buffed DM
  • nerfed sigma’s grasp to not block chain hook or whip shot
  • undid lucio goats nerfs
  • doomfist nerfs
  • immediately adjusted Ashe’s halloween skin scope
  • map pools (which indirectly eliminated paris and HLC)
  • while you wait
  • global armor/shields change
  • nerfed widows hook
  • more DM buffs
  • moira nerfs
  • multiple role select for queue
  • immortality nerfs
  • mei nerfs
  • more storm arrow nerfs
  • reaper nerf
  • fortify nerfs
  • hero pools
  • experimental card (an actually useful PTR)
  • qol changes to stats screen
  • replay sharing
  • changes to round timer (2cp in particular)
  • more mei nerfs
  • sombra primary spread change
  • achievements in QPC
  • open queue
  • ashe buffs
  • nerf to reins steadfast
  • echo actually released (and as the class everyone wanted! :rofl:)
  • reverted the genji dash changes
  • CC nerfs
  • mercy healing buff
  • moira nerfs
  • zen goats partial revert
  • comms wheel options
  • in game patch notes
  • tried and reverted moira changes
  • countless workshop updates
  • several changes to hero pools (basically undoing them)
  • paris/hlc officially taken off comp and planned reworks
  • redid echos singalese voice lines

love how often people ask for stuff…then ask for them to undo it later on…stuff gets reverted all the time

2 Likes

You just list a bunch of random stuff they change and then imply that everyone specifically asked for those changes. Congratulations on wasting all that time making a pointless list.

I didn’t read most of it but I skimmed a little and for example, NOONE asked for “while you wait”. They said they were tired of waiting forever in queues for games and Blizzard half assedly added this feature that no one asked for or wanted, because it does nothing to fix the problem and barely anyone even use.

So if your thread was intended to be a list of things that people asked blizzard for and then got a half assed broken response to that didn’t actually fix the original problem, then sure. I guess they do listen. But they don’t actually do what people ask for. They just come up with weird changes in response to what people request that clearly is not what the people requested.

It’s like if your kid tells you “I want ice cream”. And then you fill an ice cream cone with ketchup and hand it to them. I mean, technically you DID listen to your kid. But your response to what your kid said was so bizarre and nonsensical that it would have actually been better if you had just NOT “listened” to your kid…

people ask for tons of stuff…often times many different things to deal with the same issue…a middle ground is often the only approach they can take…and them adding something to address an issue…even if its not a SPECIFIC request is still them addressing problems the community has…is still listening and addressing said issue…they can come up with ideas to you know

and i posted on here what i specifically remember seeing asked for on here…and “at least let us use the practice range and/or custom games” was ABSOLUTELY one of them even if you dont recall it

i even specified up top…those 2 years ago … that im just posting what they did…not whether or not you (or i) agree with them…

we’re not their “kids” either…they have no obligation to actually listen to us…im glad we get any attention at all

3 Likes

That’s because when Blizzard “listens”, they don’t do it to because they want players to be happy. They do it as a marketing stunt so that people like you can defend them and say that they’re “listening”. Yes, this is a giant list of things they “listened to”, but I could make an even bigger list of things that they completely ignore.

So can I… I can list off 3000 different (community proposed) ideas just on how to fix Moira they haven’t tried…that wasn’t point of thread

Nor am I defending them… I literally abhor many of the things I listed up above…chief example: RQ

Just cause what I want doesn’t make into game doesn’t mean they aren’t listening…I’m a grownup and can look at things objectively…I think credit should be given where it’s due…I thought I had made that pretty clear at the very top of the thread

1 Like

No they didn’t, the point of this topic was always just forum suggestions that got into the game. I don’t agree with every change (poor Reaper is F tier now :sob:)

1 Like

I like how selective and context ignoring this list is.
Almost all of these changes went wrong.
like WOW, Scatter was removed!! Blizz listened!
Then they added an even more overpowered easy to use ability that made Hanzo a must pick for a very long time and he single handidly shifted the meta into a dual sniper grav dragon every fight meta. FUN!!

scatter and storm im pretty sure appear several times up there because theyve had to change or walk back many changes theyve made to them…AND because of complaining from the community…

balance changes will always be touchy because the community makes far FAR FAAAAAR more suggestions than anything they can actually do…often times on polar opposite sides…regardless of the amount blizz can usually only do 1 or 2 of them…so there are always far more people being “ignored” than “listened to”…but they still “listened”

yeah the community is also VERY wrong…VERY often…few people often think about the repercussions of the very things they are suggesting…ESPECIALLY when it comes to balance…

2 Likes

Doing it for the kiddies.

BONK

i usually list the new changes in replies but cant anymore due to no longer having lvl 3…so ty sir for the reply :stuck_out_tongue:

anyway…

been 8 months so thought id update…once again…not a “right decision” thread…just stuff that we’ve asked for thats made its way to game…lo and behold we dont always like the results…

• Priority Requeue
  • immediately nerfed echoes beam
  • storm arrows buffed
  • Junkrat/DVA buffs
  • MORE brig nerfs…
  • super genji nerfs
  • changed lucio ball j/k
  • nerfs to double barrier (sig/ori)
  • Buffs to roadhog (you know what happened next…)
  • EVEN MORE nerfs to brig (girl kept coming back from forum death)
  • widow nerfs
  • baptiste nerfs
  • ashe nerfs
  • nerfs to roadhog
  • ranked leaver penalties increased (though not clear how exactly)
  • comp no limits
  • symmetra/zenyatta lore
  • ability cancels after death
  • ana nade now passes through full hp
  • rein/dva buffs
  • further nerfs to baptiste
  • adjustments to replay viewer
  • priority passes
  • tracer falloff partially reverted
  • zen discord nerfed
  • further echo/ashe nerfs
1 Like