The support nerf train has started again

Deals with incompetent dps everyday and now more nerfs to support players

Thanks Mr JK

Oh they do.

But people here like to act like itā€™s always, i mean always, end of the world if even one of the 31 heroes getā€™s either nerfed/buffed/reworked, etc.

The whole ā€œTanks and Supports get nerfed into the ground, but DPS get to run free uncheckedā€ is just more class scapegoating.

At least you guys get to be meta for awhile first, us Sombra mains watched her get quad nerfed for just seeing play in OWLā€¦ in the same patch that made the comp she played with/against impossibleā€¦ despite her having the lowest WR on ladder and only posting a 42% WR in OWL.

Trust me, it happens to all classes.

Already had this conversation. Suffice to say, armor is completely ineffective at that job. It changes no real breakpoints, and is negligible to most of the cast. All it really does is make sustain damage characters useless vs it, and further force burst damage to be run constantly.

2 Likes

I honestly thought Ana was next

Brig came out of left fieldā€¦

10$ say they nerf Mercy healing to 45

Thereā€™s a symmetra buff on ptr, so maybe thereā€™s hope?

Where did I say it doesnā€™t happen to DPS? At least you Sombra mains didnā€™t have your hero get a rework that made her OP which then get nerfed 12 times all the while watching the community despise her. While Blizzard made a cringworthy ā€˜comedyā€™ skit about the reactions.

1 Like

try 10 minutes palā€¦

If all the supports are weakā€¦then none of them are. This is the mentality behind nerfing every support.

People are babyraging

Bap is doing damn fine in GM after all the nerfs, seems like he was overpowered
If people think that he is trash now (despite being still meta support) than they lost touch with relative
Fear mongering like crazy

I think most sensible people saw it coming

Fortunately itā€™sā€¦ relatively smaller than what other supports got

Heā€™s got one of the lowest winrates of all heroes and the second lowest pickrate among supports since the nerf. I donā€™t think thatā€™s ā€œfine.ā€

5 Likes

also, if the devs do keep their word, they are seeing this feedback and, perhaps, going back in testing things

hanzo weakness is inconsistency
hanzo gameplay:
on 6 sec: miss miss bodyshoot miss miss headshot
when he missing he not contributing anything, your enemies might only had 50 hp, but u fail to kill it, resulting your teammates die

while soldier power is consistency
on 2 sec: he will do atleast 100 damage
so u consistently helping your team dealing damage, that teammates that die above might live because u deal 50 damage to them

so yeah, risk equal reward

ā€¦

ā€¦you listed two of the three classes in game and said it happens specifically to themā€¦

This is true. Sombra has never been OP, and all her reworks have made her worseā€¦ sheā€™s always been despised by the community despite being the worst character on ladder though.

And they didnā€™t buff Baptiste with his 45% winrateā€¦

https://imgur.com/o8EobAV

What are you talking about?

Thatā€™s monthly data. That includes data from before his nerfs went live

If you look at the weekly data or the charted data, you can see a pretty obvious crash in performance

2 Likes

Exactly! Maybe now I understand all those misunderstandings about heroes stateā€¦

Whelp, my mistake thought the nerf was live for longer

2 Likes

No prob dude. That data is super weighted by pre-nerf gameplay, so I can see how youā€™d look at that and come to a different conclusion about his performance compared to people who are excluding the pre-nerf data.

You were talking about DPS queue times and how ā€™ If people hate the queues that much start learning a different role.ā€™ Why would I list DPS heroes?

I know DPS can get the short end of the stick. Sombra, Junkrat, Sym, Pharah and Bastion need some love but why learn tank/support when those roles are under a bigger microscope by the community and devs?

Being meta is the worst thing any hero wants to be, with how this balance team handles changes.

Eh, I would say Pharah and Sym are worst on ladder.