The stats prove Mercy and Ana are balanced. Why do Mercy mains keep complaining?

pickrates are probably somewhat connected to fun, but they are not one in the same.

For example, Many players pick a character to fit a team comp, whether it is fun or not, in order to win

Factually - fun does not directly equate to pickrate, as players do not necessarily choose the most fun character(s)

Agreed.

They are biased for other reasons

Thatā€™s because she has never been balanced, sheā€™s always at one end of the spectrum, weak or the other end, OP.

Current mercy is just below balanced and needs a few more changes. Heal buffs would be great

I respectfully disagree, since I find her to be well balanced in her current state

1 Like

Surveys on this forum suffer from selection bias. The vast majority of Mercy players who love the character wonā€™t come here to vote.

Itā€™s only the Mercy players that live in denial and who canā€™t get over a change thatā€™s been in the game for a year that come here and vote in those surveys.

1 Like

Sheā€™s played in a niche mercy mains want to be able to play her all the time.

why the hell would a hero that requires very little skill deserve a high pick rate in the highest skill bracket? leave that to the actual skilful healers (ana, zenā€¦)

Why being in any rank should block people from plaing any hero? High or low, its overwatch anyway.
Just asking, not one to protect mercy there :stuck_out_tongue:

They can play her all the time

Mercy is a selectable hero

uhh, you can play mercy on GM obviouslyā€¦ but if she was as good as ana and zen in GM then that means that she would be absolutely broken in every other rank.

But if she is worse why pick her? Isnt that gona be throwing to play her there?

sheā€™s there for the people who are too mechanically incompetent to play a more difficult hero. thatā€™s all.

pros play Mercy in conbsequential pro matches

top 500s play Mercy

GMs play Mercy (see any Animetic video)

all tiers play Mercy

factually, oneā€™s actions or inactions after the spawn doors open may constitute throwing, but choice of character is in and of itself never throwing

Soo again hero supposed to be worse because its more accesable? Not better think about how make that hero actualy do something with its kit that gona need some skill but still left it accesable to use by lower ranks?

I would personally phrase this somewhat differently

I would say that the game does well in finding ways to include folks with varying levels of reflexes, hand-eye coordination, and so forth, and I personally like this inclusiveness

That said, a Mercy can (Iā€™ve seen it many times) dominate matches when in the hands of a very skilled player

that is not possible to do. and if accessible heroes were just as viable as extremely skilful heroes at the highest level of play, this game would have absolutely no competitive audience. mercy is skilless and should not be as good as skilful heroes at the highest level of play. thatā€™s final.

If she got back 60 HPS Iā€™d be A-okay with her state, it wouldnā€™t leave her to outshine the other supports. especially with support buffs

Mercy who are in higher ranks are Mercy being carried in Groups or Stack. Solo Mercy stats will show you how bad it is.

I suppose it is possible that her base healing will be buffed at some point, despite the fact that the devs said (gist, not quoting) that they felt 60 HPs/s made her too much of a must-pick in relation to other healers.

Maybe a PC-only buff? Iā€™m pretty sure that some numbers have varied at times between platforms