The Sombra changes that had been tested out

I know. What I’m saying is, if people love assassination type heroes (I kind of disagree on this, though), why not introduce a new hero instead of reworking an existing one that doesn’t play like this at all currently?

Maybe they could rework Bastion into an assassin instead?

1 Like

I agree, we do not need another Tracer type character. Why pick Sombra when u have tracer? Sombra’s gameplay is unique and I do not want them to change that to something generic every game has.

Because half the cast is being reworked for OW2 and they are making Sombra more of an assassin.

No they already said what his rework is.

Bastion into assasin, good one xD I really would love to see that.

The only reason I don’t feel like she’s going to be reworked is that 5v5 doesn’t change the fact the game is ability-based, and that current and future heroes are going to have abilities.

Like, as cruddy as it feels, there needs to be a hero that can take away abilities and interrupt certain things. I don’t think removing 1 tank is going to change that.

If y’all want an assassination-style hero, we could advocate for one and not that a hero gets reworked into it. lol.

Honestly, I am a little bummed out that they didn’t even hint at Bastion being tested as a support :joy: Bastion becomes a Support

Would have been a very interesting progression of his character/lore and a unique playstyle for the support roster.

1 Like

Sombra has had the hack since her release and it has been her signature move. These changes would mean that a thing that has always been the main part of her kit, would be changed to something else entirely. Sombra’s hack and emp are her main value and allways have been. I have spent 800h on learning to use the ability that is the main value of her kit just to have it taken away? No thanks.

Also Andough, They have said that they have looked into reworking Sombra already and have been testing it out, enough to make a public announcement about it.

Also how can I choose a part of another person’s message to show in my post?

They said they r reworking her tho

And? Mei freeze is being removed. Cree flashbang. Orisa Brig Moira Bastion Doom etc. all being reworked entirely. Tanks all reworked, mobility nerfed, snipers nerfed, CC removed/nerfed on non-tanks

This is not a valid excuse for any hero to keep anything in OW2. Nothing is off limits

Because mei still has her wall for example, she isn’t completely dependent on it and her gameplay doesn’t only revolve around that ability. And she still gets to keep the freeze of her ult. The wall is a really good ability that really makes a difference in a game. Rn Sombra doesn’t really have any other value then her Emp and hack. I can also distract the healers but my main target is the tanks, not assassination. Currently I am not even really able to kill the dps most of the time.

This is not just a tiny rework. It is a murder of the main way she was been played since release.

1 Like

And? That’s going to happen to many heroes in OW2.

Nothing is definite though. They could be trying to but they’re finding flaws, and their wording implies they aren’t even sure if they will.

Except they are removing/nerfing CC on DPS heroes so regardless, she’s getting heavily changed as she currently revolves around a hard CC ability

I hope they won’t change a lot. I think Sombra’s at her best state currently - I’m having more fun playing her than ever and I don’t want them to change that.

Well you have another year until OW2 is out to enjoy current Sombra at least

Kills everything, including songs, so no, he can’t heal.

Pharah: Can’t Fly, all she has is basic attack, which is 120 dmg, but you still have an opening to kill her, especially if you dodge slow projectile 120 rockets.
Doom: Nothing. He legit can’t do anything if he’s hacked. He can’t do rollouts, he can’t punch, he can’t slam, ult, list goes on. All he has is a terrible basic attack that is only effective close range, and only has 4 shots, and has to auto reload itself, not manually, like a lot of characters in the game.
Tracer: Practically same position as Doomfist, just with better basic attack, and squishier hp pool.
Genji: Same position as Tracer and Doom, just with the option to attack from further distance, but he’s gonna be close-ish to the Sombra, so why would you Left Click as a hacked Genji against the Sombra who hacked you? Unless she’s walking away, but really, Sombra’s gonna kill you, not run, most of the time, so likely, your Right Clicking, and even then, Sombra bests you. He can’t Dash Sombra if he’s hacked! Resets don’t get rid of the hacked effect.

(Face Palms so Hard, my face bleeds) Yes, you can hack rein, even in grav, if you actually target him with hack. Zen too, hack him first, then other ults can kick in. If you need a longer hack, just ult Zen, then manual hack again, which shuts his ult down for a good 15 seconds, if done right. Hacking person out of position? It’s one guy! Don’t get hit, especially easy for projectiles. If they get hacked, they can’t punch/dash/speed boost. Your suppose to kill squishies, and hack the tanks, cause most tanks are good hack targets, also good to shoot tanks too for ult charge, and potential kills. Another Tracer but worse? Out of your mind at that point.

Sombra will be fine. I’m sure that they won’t do anything that drastic to her. If anything, they could be buffing her, which the only concern should be if they accidentally over buff her, which is out of our power, realistically. But they might fix their mistakes, I mean, they have attempted to fix things people have had issues with for a long time, and are doing things that never got done, like Bastion rework finally kickin in, and other things.

Thanks 4 ur time,
The D.va, Brigitte, Tracer, Orisa, Mercy and Genji main at ur service,
Marcane

I guess. I was really waiting forward to Ow2 and now I’m mainly saddened by what the state of the game will likely be. I really wanted to play ow for another 4 years and thought it would bring more life to the game. Now I’m not so sure.

I suppose it’s only natural that different people like a hero for different reasons. For me her biggest appeal has always been Hack.

First of all it gives something of a Support aspect to her character, I love hacking enemies that are busy fighting my teammates and tipping the scales in their favor unexpectedly. Hacking medkits is a really nice ability too, especially in non-Role Lock modes where there’ll often just be a single Support.
I also really enjoy hacking enemies that I’m fighting myself, and turning the tables on them. Normally a McCree or a Roadhog or a Bastion will make short work of a Sombra, but once they’ve been hacked and have to fight without their abilities Sombra has a good chance of actually defeating them.
Last but not least, Hack creates so many hilarious situations. Hacking a Pharah above a pit, a Mercy mid-rez, a McCree or Moira or Sigma during their ult, a wallriding Lucio, a Reaper as he jumps into my team to use his ult, causing him to not “die-die-die” but instead die horribly himself. :grin: The list goes on and on. The funniest moments in this game for me are particularly juicy hacks.

This doesn’t mean I don’t like her other abilities, actually I like her whole kit. Translocating out a moment before death, sneaking around and observing enemies while they have no idea I’m there, tracking a low health target through walls and gunning him down just before he gets to the medkit (even better if it’s one I hacked), and of course EMP is a teamfight deciding ult. But ultimately what gives me the most joy while playing Sombra is the Hack.

You say you expect that my opinion is in the minority, and I would actually agree. In past discussions on this forum about possible Sombra reworks I’ve also noticed a lot of enthusiasm from people about shifting her power from Hack to damage. But for me deleting Hack and replacing it with something else would rob her of what makes her fun and unique, and probably ultimately would make the game not worth playing anymore. Well. As I said, different people, different likes.

Yeah, I’m also starting to get a real bad feeling about Overwatch 2 now. It’s not worth losing Sombra to me. At this point I’d prefer it if they scratched the whole 5v5 idea, or maybe make OW2 a separate game after all.

Well, hopefully 5v5 will still be some time off. But I plan to play a truckload of Sombra from now on, and I suggest you do the same. Because we might log in to the game one day and find that Hack suddenly only makes targets visible through walls, or slows them down a bit, or adds two seconds to their cooldowns, or who knows what dumb lame thing they’ll come up with.

1 Like

They were looking into reworking Sombra (There were 2 reworks they had tried out) in the second one the hack would basically be extra damage + you are able to see the hacked enemy behind the walls instead. Sombra wouldn’t counter Genji, Doomfist, Lucio, Rein or anymore with her hack like she used to since her hack would simply be extra damage.

I do not believe that u read the start of the forum post at all.

If you had read the post thoroughly, you would have seen that they were testing out these ideas and published what they had tried out – all of which had made her an assassination based character while deleting her hack like it is the current Overwatch.

Also being able to get a hack off isn’t that simple. Players in high elo can actually aim and for example there’s no chance that I’ll be able to dodge the bullets of a soldier in order to get a hack off on any of their team members unless the one shooting at me is reloading.

Of course I should have probably said " I would no longer be able to…" But English is not my native language and I am sorry for this mistake. What is done is done.