The second I saw the word "Bundle," my heart sank

So, my worries were correct. They’ve just confirmed that the coming event is going to feature nothing but skins you have to PHYSICALLY BUY, and not earn through playing the game… like the previous 6 years. Not to mention the Werewolf Winston and Pirate Sigma skins returning to be charged at full price once again. Yeah you can earn the Winston one but that’s pittance.

What a letdown. Blizzard, if this is how you want to treat your fanbase going forward, you’re gonna collapse the game before Anniversary comes out. Have some honest-to-god respect for your new players, as well as your OG’s.

Edit: The fact that this single post got over 300 likes compared to Blizzard’s OFFICIAL post for the Hallows update speaks volumes. Follow us into the shadows—Overwatch 2 Halloween Terror is back!

Update: What a shock, I was right on the money. And for the egregious price of 2600 on a falsely “discounted” bundle price.

Screw you, Activision. We know you were behind all this.

350 Likes

I like that kiriko witch skin, and i do play her quite a lot since she came out, but i refuse to pay that much for a single skin. do they not realise that it’s an fps game so you don’t even see your skins most of the time except for the weapons?

111 Likes

Money.

20 chars needed

15 Likes

It’s truly sad. They finally killed a part of the game I actually enjoyed, events.

131 Likes

I’m glad I’m a longtime legacy player with almost every skin. I feel for new players with no skins.

60 Likes

Holy crap, the same events from ow1. Wtf no joke wtf

31 Likes

What’s sad is that it’ll be Junkenstein’s Revenge again, just with Sombra as the main baddie.

That’s it.

23 Likes

So…there’s only two new skins and one is only available as a bundle and the only earnable stuff is a player icon, two sprays, and a weapon charm?

yikes yikes yikes yikes yikes

52 Likes

I like Kiriko and her skin, I am not gonna waste that much money on pixels.
Miss with that s

23 Likes

They have said multiple times it’s a new sequel event, and not the same.

5 Likes

Be realistic.

If the events from Junkerstein and Archives are anything to go by, it’ll be a PVE “survive the best you can” and beat a big bad boss.

It’s just in a “sequel” format. Bit like how they said this dumpster fire of a game is a sequel.

11 Likes

Blizzard is pure greedy and doesn’t understand how to do F2P.

Every other F2P game I played gave freebies during events. Hell event Genshin Impact gave me a free skin for one of it’s most recent events.

35 Likes

Can JQ get this skin but whole body covered in black armour no stomach out? Thanks.

2 Likes

Implying the anniversary won’t be a cop out where you have to buy skins for 20$ each either. :clown_face:

11 Likes

Oh it will be. xD no doubt

1 Like

How people sit back and think it’s not laughable to offer a SINGLE skin for $20 compared to the old system in OW1. Secondly, asking people to dish out that money in a half complete game (bugs galore, removing 2 heroes and taking forever to bring them back, slow response to balance in literally the first month of release when the OW team should be MOST active to make people feel you have even the smallest semblance of dedication to the game).

12 Likes

Every F2P game I played gave you free rewards just for participating in events. Why does Blizzard not do this?

45 Likes

Good???

We shouldn’t be telling people to die over a video game jfc

6 Likes

Why can’t they do as they did in past events? 2 or 3 weeks featuring a certain character, play, win and progressively unlock 2 items and a skin for that featured character.

2 Likes

Because this is redefining gaming as we speak!

4 Likes