The Salt Against Mercy is Real homies

People gotta understand pickrate trends and realise that

a) It’s Hanzo and Brigitte’s fault the trends are like this. No healers were changed when season 10 began but these two were introduced into comp. Anyone can see that Lucio’s pickrates completely dunked, same with Moira when people realised you could not use these two succesfully anymore against the Hanzo corps.

b) pickrates do not warrant nerfs. Case in point, Rein and Zarya who became hypermeta at GM without any changes when before season 10 were considered in need of buffs

If pickrates are solely because of what is meta and what other characters get buffed or nerfed, then it is not a viable or credible source to determine which character needs a nerfbat.

You should point all your pitchforks towards Hanzo instead and realise that when his storm arrow remains as a 8 second cooldown that can deal 466dps at max potential from range if you headshot, that he’s going to dictate the meta hard if he continues to be the standout dps. He stands out even more than Tracer used to stand out in high ranks, as pressing E and pressing down a button and pointing at enemies is not really all that difficult.

A sniper who deals just as much damage as junkrat and bastion at GM ranks? No drawbacks to having said insane damage and range anymore and teamwipe ulti combo to boot, aside from needing aim and even less aim is required now? Second most elims AND final blows too?

But I guess people just play too much dps to realise this and just want to aim their salt at “no skill no aim no brain” heroes like mercy. Hanzo just got a rework too and needs just as many nerfs as mercy got, not a small lovetap that he doesn’t even feel.

2 Likes

ha, they only care about pro opinion when it supports their opinion, I’ve seen people make excuses for why they said brigitte is balanced by saying they just don’t know how to play the character

Honestly, I think people should just back off. Healers (specifically Mercy) are an absolute asset to the team, and they are just as important (if not more) compared to a tank or DPS.

I hope you all have a wonderful rest of your day/night.

2 Likes

Do not confuse consistent with best, although the two often go hand-in-hand. If we’re talking about healing, then yes, she’s the best, that’s kinda her gig as a strict healer and why she’s so helpless in a 1v1 scenario (the blaster is more for a cute joke tbh). As a match-swaying Hero, nah, she ain’t the best.

The other healers are lacking consistency for either healing or surviving, which despite their versatility, doesn’t seem right. Sure they can do other things besides heal, but healing should be their main focus and healing should be very reliable. Or if their healing is so-so or inconsistent, then their self-preservation should be reliable enough to allow them more personal staying power (to hang around and try to heal people with their so-so healing instead of spending 40% of the match running away/trying to get healed themselves).

When someone complains about Brigitte,

• She’s balanced

• Learn how to counter her instead on crying on the forums

• Learn and adapt, she’s fine

• You want supports to be free kills? LEAVE THE SUPPORTS ALONE!!

But you don’t hear this about Mercy from these same people and here’s what they say about her or on ‘Nerf Mercy’ Threads,

• She’s unfun to play against

• She’s the only hero with zero hard-counters in the game

• Her Pickrate is so high, she needs to be toned down

• She’s the only best healer in the game with no skill and high reward

• Rez is too powerful

• Ana and Lucio are in bad place because of her being too strong right now.

People forget that she’s only powerful in healing but not in 1v1 fight scenarios where she can defend herself against the enemy dps. While on the other hand, Brigitte is not good in healing but good in defending herself against enemy dps

3 Likes

just tired of seeing pocket mercys follow actual skilled players around… and then snagging glory for themselves as if they were good

Imo, Most of these nerf Mercy complainers won’t be happy unless her Global winrate is 30% at MAX.

3 Likes

No. Res is a core part of Mercy’s identity, Mercy without res is not Mercy.

2 Likes

No, overwatch as a whole needs to STOP making all the heroes require high amounts of skill. Having heroes that anyone can pick up quickly makes the game FAR more new player friendly, and that is the key to keeping any game healthy.
Part of the charm of overwatch is that it can be enjoyed by both casual and competive players. Mercy has already been nerfed way too much as it is, and we’re prob losing auto aim on Sym as if that wasn’t bad enough. Anything more would be a disaster.
If you want to just tryhard all the time, go play cod or cs:go. But some of us would like to enjoy overwatch casually, without it being a tryhard only game.

I kinda get where you are coming from, however I don’t think you see how bad this change would be for her. I doubt Blizzard would implement something like that, especially 30hps, that’s zen level healing who is considered an off-healer.

Personally her consistency is fine, because its locked at a healthy 60 HPS, there’s a reason Blizzard buffed it from 50 HPS, which is what it used to be at. The problems in her kit stem from her having an ultimate ability (resurrect) as a base ability.

2 Likes

i hate mercy because its just really unfun to work hard to get a headshot/kill as a sniper only for mercy to walk up and press one button and then theyre back. A spam sneaking/spinning mercy is incredibly hard to hit as a sniper so its pretty easy to get off what used to be risky rezzes in a sniper meta. .

The staff is the core part of Mercy’s identity in my opinion. Without that, Mercy is not Mercy. Res on the other hand is not.

1 Like

They tried making an ult as an ability, which resulted in a lot of nerfs, bcs u can’t balance an ult as an ability without nerfing it to hell, besides I think 30 seconds is kind of too fast, 60 would be perfect, since it’s the most powerful and tide turning ability in the game.

It’s also unfun to get one-shot by a sniper who presses a button. They should clearly remove this from happening.

Slow movement speed, and nearly a 2 second cast time isn’t enough, maybe we should increase her hit-box size when shes resurrecting.

Reduce her HP to 150 while we are at it, she’s too hard to hit while flying.

(A legitimate suggestion I’ve seen on these forums, by the way)

1 Like

Let her healing ramp up from 30 hps while we’re at it.

hahahaha, these suggestions are so funny to read.

1 Like

Because clearly Ana, Moira, AND Lucio will instantaneously get stable and viable pickrates if we hit Mercy hard enough. As the saying goes, 9th time’s a charm!

4 Likes

My suggestion would leave Mercy just as mechanically demanding as she currently is - that is, not very at all. You would be able to play her virtually like you always have, only if the way you played her wasn’t the most efficient you wouldn’t get as much out of it as you currently would. If you are average you’d be mostly playing her exactly the same. My suggestion was meant to reward good prioritization and game awareness. We can’t complain that she’s boring and then get upset when more layers are added to her game-play. Currently, despite being one of the easier heroes, Mercy is getting a ton of value so be prepared that unless we are willing to bend the nerfs are very likely to come - I’d rather they be ones that only punish bad play rather than players in general.

Really, suggesting this small change to her is equal into making her into something from CoD or CS:GO is quite hilarious and hyperbolic - it’s not like I suggested we’d remove her lock-on and let her heal with her gun.

1 Like

Mercy is dumb in 4v4 TDM. Losing a point cause she rezzes is frustrating as hell.

Her pickrate was high even when she was a troll pick. People just like her a lot.

Sombra is a hard counter…if only she wasn’t bugged to hell.

Let’s say you go to the supermarket and see some food. It looks and tastes disgusting. They see they aren’t getting sales so they lower the price to fight competition, but that doesn’t change the fact that the food is disgusting and that no one will eat it. That’s my Mercy Ana analogy

3 Likes