The Salt Against Mercy is Real homies

I didn’t say it was funny, but there’s no need to weep for our education system or w/e cause of it lol :woman_shrugging:
Just let the dude type in AAE or w/e; code-meshing is on the up-and-up.
To keep things relevant though, people always change their minds over the months even if changes aren’t made. It happens to D.Va literally like two or three times a year. At least she never had her own “mech meta” and could rez

Hyperbole is a wonderful thing.

I don’t really understand some of the comments made on win-rate - during the Mercy meta I learned that having a pick-rate of 16% meant basically being picked on both teams every game, resulting in a 50% win-rate.

Mercy’s current pick-rate is about 10-11%, making her the second most picked character after Rein. Mercy now has a win-rate of 50,5%. In this thread I now read that because Mercy has such a high pick-rate it’s inevitable that it’s always 50%, however Rein who has a higher pickrate has a win-rate of over 52%. My question is this - if her pick-rate means she’s picked every game, leading to a win-rate of 50%, why doesn’t Rein who has a bigger pick-rate have this as well?

3 Likes

As a native english speaker, what?
You wanna say Mercy is fine or what? Its really hard to read for me.

I don’t want a nerf for Mercy, she is fine how she is👍

And she is beautiful😍

1 Like

Hyperbole’s not necessary in the first place is my point, hahaha. AAE =/= less educated. I recommend Vershawn Ashanti Young’s work. Just ignore the fact that he uses “da bomb” for code-meshing… p sure NO one says that anymore.

Mercy is the “purest” healer in the game.

She is solely focused on sustaining a fight more than any other hero in the game.

So it makes sense she is the most consistent at that job.

Hybrid characters by their nature tend to be good in more specialized scenarios.

If you want other heroes to be like Mercy, they need to be more focused on healing.

If you want Mercy to be as effective as other healers, she would have to become more like a hybrid.

However, the second option doesn’t really fit Mercy at all.

Please keep in mind that currently Mercy is the only main healer that is really viable.

For the longest time, no main healer was viable and Lucio and Zen provided enough sustain.

1 Like

I said the same thing, we’re in agreement bro. Pickrate is one of the worst things to balance a game on, real talk.

Yeah, she’s fine homie. The JeffaPeppehBoBeffeh said so.

Mercy is not the purest healer in the game, that would be Moira as she gives no utility at all to the team but only healing.

Mercy can damage boost the ally, which results to higher damage and faster ultimate charge for both the receiver and her and above all ressurrection.

If anything, having a hero who does pure healing only turns out to be a terrible choice as months go by, with Moira’s pick rates falling every week the past weeks, in half of the game’s ranks. It will be a matter of time before everyone sniffs that truth out which, utility = best choice for support.

The only reason Ana is not picked across all ranks is because there is difficulty to use her utility, that’s why she is higher in high ranks, even higher than Moira.

In addition, to pull out Mercy’s utility is 10 times easier compared to Ana.

1 Like

Eh, not really. I’m pretty much in agreement here because this does just seem like he’s doing it to do it. The “assuming my race” thing is pretty telling, but I’ll leave it there hahaha.

Ya’ll homies done? I’d love to have my thread back on topic now. lmao

Well race-baiting in general is a rather petty tactic. The tenants of your argument should stand on they’re own. That’s why someone like Michael Dyson arguments often look foolish.

The dude you apparently recommended seemed well-spoken enough in interviews but I wouldn’t really say it was anything that profound. I’m not sure about the point you’re trying to illustrate though?

Came in here to say to Wheelz/OP:

The way you text reminds me a bit of how my boy Riley (from the Boondocks) speaks. Thank you and please continue on with your conversation, as I did not mean to make it off-topic xD

1 Like

Moira is better at burst healing and can heal multiple targets, but has a resource and must DPS regularly to heal.

Mercy has no healing resouce and can bring people back from the dead. She is MUCH better suited for sustaining a drawn out fight.

Essentially, Moira has to take healing breaks. But she’s a good duelist and is more than capable of getting picks against flankers.

Mercy can heal constantly, but is dependent on her teammates to flee from damage.

1 Like

I think the point is, if Mercy’s the only pure healer, why does she have more utility than the “nonpure” healers? Why does she do the most healing while also having the most mobility, a damage boost, a resurrect, and the most accessible AoE healing of any main healer?

2 Likes

this might sound controversial , but i think blizzard should get rid of the idea of “main healers” , i think mercy and moria should have there left clicks toned down , it would mean a re-balance of the whole support line.

Ayeee Riley is THE homie G. Fo’real. Mad respect for a brotha ;D

Cool talk educational homie, thanks fo techin us all the lessin of the day. Tho you got my race more wrong than that time miley cyrus wen’t rogue. Good teachin’.

ANYWAY Laugh my fruggen gorgeous bootee off

Lucio has the most move game and Aoe, and Ana has the most delicious t h i c c heals. I ain’t talkin about no weak zen heals either homie. BUT I ain’t gonna sit here and say that Mercy does everything the best. Her pistol game is wack as hell. Real talk. Hit me up with that comeback rebuttal doe.

1 Like

Lucio and Zenyatta are off-healers. Ana’s burst heals aren’t “utility”, necessarily. Again, why does she do the most healing while also having the most mobility, a damage boost, a resurrect, and the most accessible AoE healing of any main healer?

Oh come on. You didn’t even try that time.

Educational homie I know you be loving my attention but I can’t try for you everytime, we aint having a baby cuz. I gotta roll this up and get back on toppic. Promise a brotha I’ll hit you up tho in the dms~! (And real talk I ain’t tryin to be caught with that child support, you feel me!)

Cuz she’s weak as hell LMAO. My guy if she ain’t got no squad to back her heccin’ bland (but sweet) bootang up she’s basically useless. Have you seen the homie trying to survive when she get singled out from her team? Pulling out her pistol is lit comedy fam XD

1 Like