The Rework That Would Counter the Current Meta

Hi all. I was thinking for a minute and came to the conclusion that people hate the current meta, and Brigitte, because of the sheer amount of stun available in the game now. Essentially the CC is running rampant, and the only ability in the entire game that serves as a defense against direct CC is Orisa’s Fortify.

My suggestion is to rework Orisa only slightly, so she can be used as the anchor tank that can combat CC for her team. The Supercharger can be changed so that it no longer shoots blue Power Boost beams at teammates, but rather green ones. These apply Fortify to all her teammates for 10 seconds.

This would allow the current Rein-Zarya-Brigitte-Hanzo comp to still be viable, but have a character that can better combat it. If the enemy Brigitte goes to Shield Bash an ally while Orisa has her new Supercharger, said Shield Bash would no longer stun that teammate. You could use it to save your Tracer from certain death, and in the same stroke allow Tracer a little more comfortknowing she has at least one possible protection.

At the same time it would also be the ultimate counter to Zarya’s Graviton Surge, as Orisa can put a barrier down, pop her Supercharger, and her team can break free from the Graviton before the inevitable dragons come for the team wipe.

Fortify also has a 50% damage reduction effect, so it could serve outside of those situations as a defensive buffer.

I’d like to hear your thoughts?

2 Likes

I really like this idea, Orisa I feel is very underpowered atm and this change could help her out a lot

That’s actually a really interesting idea. Anti-CC for the entire team might be very powerful in this meta.

This would actually make Orisa’s ultimate unique.

1 Like

Can we not have more ways for nothing to ever die plz

…now that I think about it, CC resistance+damage boost instead of fortify would be interesting.

I support this change, especially since it suits Orisa more than ‘DESTROY ALL ORGANIC MATTER’ of her current ult. She’s a cute friendly robot, giving her a more defensive ult would be nice. The damage reduction would have to be lower than Orisa’s fortify though, otherwise no one would ever die so long as the ult is active.

This is a fair point. Maybe a power boost and cc resist instead? Or cap the damage resist at 25%.

I think Bastion needs to be reworked. This meta is built around having as much health and healing as possible with barriers as well. Bastion is supposed to deal with that but guess what? His damage and spread got wrecked so he can’t hit the tiny little Brigitte shield to kill it as effectively as he would a bigger shield and he also can’t deal very well with the Brigitte underneath without being way too close. They need to give back his spead and headshots to properly deal with just how much healing health and shields are being thrown around. This meta is supposed to favor him as the guy that removes that extra health and then some but he can’t do any of that. That’s why this happened to his pickrate:

I want Bastions ability to headshot to come back, along with his old spread. I’ve never enjoyed him as much since the rework (except for recon mode, which is greatly improved).

1 Like

Imagine Reinhardt, Brigitte, Zarya etc coming at you, beefed up with 150 armor each, 50% dmg reduction and complete CC and Graviton immunity… Jesus Christ that would be so insanely broken.

And then you combo it with Dragonblade and suddenly the only counter is to outright kill the ninja… who is also 50% harder to kill as well.

Remember how upset people were when Genji didn’t lose ult when he was stunned? Imagine telling them all that that you won’t be able to do that in certain combos.

I’m fine with adding more CC resistant abilities, but ults that grant it for such a duration is not the way to go and would quickly become too strong and a must-pick.