The return of open queue ruined role queue

If the return of OQ has ruined RQ then just maybe RQ wasn’t as popular as all of you who cried for it thought after all. I know people here love to moan about lack of evidence but if support queue in RQ has tripled from before OQ was released isn’t that already a strong enough indicator? Nevertheless I’ve never seen any concrete evidence that the majority of the playerbase really likes RQ either.

Pretty much a main tank player here but I (and lots of others apparently) really like to pick our role and hero based on what map we get on some maps I like playing tank, some maps support and some maps dps. In RQ I can’t pick my role and hero based on the map anymore.

1 Like

90% of my games in OQ are still 2-2-2 regardless of the time of day I play not sure what you’re on about here tbh, 5 DPS comps have always been extremely rare even before RQ came out.

3 Likes

So then players do like the concept of 2/2/2 role - lock lmao, because they don’t just get to play in a 2/2/2 environment, but they also get to play whatever role they want by default, AKA DPS :rofl:

many players do for whatever reason indeed prefer 222 despite the restrictions and many severe problems 222 brings to the game

many others, myself included, prefer the freedom of role-less queue mode games

2 Likes

Yeah, it will most probably be a strong indication when actual evidence comes up that proves this huge increase of Healer queue times, which isn’t of course the completely anecdotal experience of a couple of people on the Forums…

Well, actually, literally all pieces of evidence that exist this far concerning this subject have supported the claim that the majority of the player base actually enjoys 2/2/2 role - lock…

But of course it’s a whole other story whether you personally consider said pieces of evidence as valid or not.

1 Like

How about you stop blabbing about all those pieces of evidence you keep bringing up in each RQ/OQ threat and actually just provide us with all the exact pieces you’re referring to.

Until you do I’m not buying your arguments for 1 bit :smiley:

3 Likes

Here are the pieces I’m personally aware of and which have existed for a couple of months now:

1. In an official Developer Update a few months ago Jeff Kaplan himself said that 2/2/2 role - queue was overall a “positive” change.
  2. Here are some official developer quotes that were released a couple of months ago:

And even more importantly, here’s the point where the overall very positive opinion of the majority of the game’s player base is touched upon:

1. I have to admit this isn’t such a trustworthy source, but just the fact that the grand majority of the unofficial polls created in social places as historically negative for some reason as these Forums have surprisingly shown 2/2/2 role - lock to be a clear winner amongst fans, with the different concensus sometimes even touching 3:1 in favor of the system is a substantial feat…

You are of course free to make up your own mind about any of them.

1 Like

Lucky you then, but that hasn’t been my experience. Aside from personal taste, I think role queue is the best way to maintain meta balance, whether they’ve implemented it well enough is a different discussion I suppose.

1 Like

They like the idea, but that’s not what OP said.

The forum has been rife with complaints on the long queue times. That long queue time is unavoidable with 2/2/2, and therefore most players don’t actually like it.

It’s just that many players still haven’t made the connection that their precious idea is also the cause of a bigger problem than what OQ caused.

1 Like

I don’t think you understand the train of logic behind my last response, but even with that being said, all evidence that we have so far concerning this subject supports the exact opposite conclusion than the one you’re writing about here (as I’ve already said though, it’s up to your subjective crisis whether you’re going to consider said pieces as valid or not).

And, hypothetically speaking, if you had evidence as well to prove that claim of yours, how can you know whether a percentage of those dissatisfied players are or aren’t willing to excuse the problem of long queue times as long as they’re able to enjoy a 2/2/2 environment and all its benefits?

Yea I don’t put any value on those statements because they contain no actual data to back them up. If it was really well received they should’ve announced something like we’ve seen x% increase in active players or something along those lines.

The sole fact that they already brought back OQ is for me also quite a strong indicator 2-2-2 is nowhere near as successful as they made it out to be initially.

2 Likes

None of these are valid sources of data to support the claim of a majority of players preferring 222

2 Likes

What evidence do you have? Forum posts?

2 Likes

Okay, I guess this concern is fair, even if I don’t see absolutely any reason for the devs to make such a statement for example without already basing it on data and statistics they’ve already gathered in - house.

I don’t think I even have to get into why the direct increase of the player base isn’t the only indication of a new addition’s success, etc.

For the time being, we simply cannot know that for sure. The return for Open Queue, for the time being, can only objectively indicate for example that the devs judged that the amount of players OQ had attracted was significant enough to guarantee it a place in the Main Menu and/or OQ was granted this new place in order for it to assist with queue times, etc.

Refer to any of our previous conversations if you would like to finish this same conversation that you always begin but can never finish.

Have a nice day :grinning:

Did you even… Read the post?

I did. That’s not evidence. It’s not even measurable. My evidence to the contrary, however, is measurable.

Blizzard may have to change to a 1/3/2 and buff individual tanks even more, in order to make RQ workable.

They tried a half-hearted measure very early on, because 2/2/2 will kill the game in the long term. Now, it’s either fast queue times or tanks from a huge range of ranks fill for a game.

It’s awful.

All that said I enjoy RQ because I can play DPS in a game without ever having to fill. But it has some significant downsides, which has driven away players even more than OQ.

3 Likes

It is the only evidence we have so far concerning this subject and nothing can change that, even if its validity is based on each person’s individual crisis for the time being.

I disagree completely, as 3/2/1 seemed like an absolute chore for tank players judging by how much Tank queues skyrocketed a week after that failed experiment was initiated…

Would love to see absolutely any evidence that supports such bold claims…

If you’re talking about your claims concerning high queue times, despite the fact that they aren’t even directly connected to the statement I was asked to provide evidence myself, they also happen to be an anecdotal metric at best and therefore do not constitute any form of actual evidence.

I know of no basis to know with any certainty that the statements reflect actual stats, and in any case those stats would be for usage rather than for preference

preference <> usage

Further, most for profit enterprises will speak of the popularity of their products, not their failings, even when by their own measures the product isnt a success. Policy is always to give a positive spin in customer-facing messages

In none of said previous conversations was any valid data presented to support the claim of a majority

2 Likes

We can not know that for sure.

Once again, we can not know whether this policy is applicable in this specific situation, especially when in the long term Blizzard would face very adverse effects from lying to both their investors and consumers from both a standpoint of status in the community and an even more important economical status as well.

Once again, refer to any of our previous conversations if you would like to finally provide your arguments according to which you personally consider the evidence provided as invalid.

not at all

addressing preference would require attitudinal surveys, which Blizzard has not done on this particular matter

addressing usage (x matches of y mode were played during time period z) is what the internal data one of your previous posts alluded to

again…usage <> preference

These are known policies of large enterprises, and A-B is a large enterprise

again, no valid evidence was presented in those other threads

I wont address this specific sub-point again in this specific side discussion, as the answer remains the same, as stated in the sentence above

2 Likes