The return of open queue ruined role queue

Since the return of open queue the queue time for supports has tripled to 9mins this is ridiculous. Imagine what the queue time for dps as become around 20mins for plats and gold. I do play open queue for more fun, but I want to play serious in role queue yet it takes ages to find a match.

7 Likes

Canā€™t relateā€¦

Plat and diamond DPS times are still about 6-12 minsā€¦

15 Likes

Tanks are the bottleneck because of how the game and the other players treat them. To anyone who disagrees: play a tank.

30 Likes

The only way that could be related is if open queue is taking tanks away from role queue. I highly doubt that is the case.

4 Likes

It could be taking a decent amount of players who play multiple roles and are willing to play tank and/or just tank players who group to play goats and other tank heavy comps together.

8 Likes

Over 33% of the players who play OQ would have to have been otherwise playing role queue as tank for it to have any increase on DPS/healer times in role queue. I highly doubt that is the case. Iā€™m not seeing goats in middle ranks. It could be RQ tanks DPSing in OQ, but Iā€™m mostly seeing 2/2/2 comps. I doubt that many people are playing different roles but still playing 2/2/2 in OQ. That would require dps to be tanking in OQ to balance out.

Heā€™s likely seeing something completely unrelated and not the norm. Weā€™ve had 30 second to 10 minute healer queues throughout last season on role queue with no relation to OQ.

Could just be a region/server related thing.

OQ ruined OW
RQ ruined OW

OQ ruined RQ
RQ ruined OQ.

I literally cannot wait until comp is just removed permanently.

4 Likes

Itā€™s almost like all of the Tank players were doing you a favor by queuing for tank, and we all moved to a more flexible system.

17 Likes

I do as often as I can get away with. But because I like the idea of being a flex player, and need to work on my DPS, I donā€™t try to force 2/2/2 in OQ but a lot of the time it happens naturally. Sometimes I switch to tank from 3 DPS because we need it, sometimes someone else does. Sometimes right off the bat we get 2 tanks and neither of them are me.

So, basically all of my games where I have 2 tanks and am playing DPS are the ones you think arenā€™t happening.

2 Likes

Not at all. Read my entire post.

I did. Half the playerbase queues DPS, and close to 2/3 of the other half queue support. Itā€™s not possible for that and what Iā€™m seeing in OQ to be true without the entire tank queue moving to OQ unless people are shifting roles.

2 Likes

But youā€™re wrong. Iā€™m seeing lower than normal support queues.

2 Likes

I pretty much insta-queued for 4-hours last night playing support, so I must respectfully disagree.

4 Likes

That would make the OP wrong, not me. You said ā€œX doesnā€™t happenā€ and I said ā€œIt happens in almost all my games because of meā€.

No I didnā€™t. Quote it.

Again: Reading comprehension.

Easier to ignore list you. POOF

There you go, quoted again for your convenience.

LOL

ā€œProve it! -Actually you can, so Iā€™m gonna call you names and block you so I donā€™t have to hear it. I WIN!ā€

5 Likes

Imagine a gamemode doing so well it ruins one that clearly wasnā€™t working out.

13 Likes

Iā€™m glad role queue is gonna die. Tried to warn before itā€™s introduction and tried to revert it for over a year now. Terrible game mode that even throwbox bribes couldnā€™t save. Out-of-touch with the roster. Out-of-touch with a dwindling player base. Out-of-touch with gaming. Wait in line for a 0-flex 0-agency 0-reset 0-fun prison.

Team open 100%. Faster queues, less rigging, full flex agency, total creativity. OQ is the only way to compete. Only a matter of time before the streamers swap over. Never look to the 1% for any kind of innovation. They only want to protect the status quo.

7 Likes