The real issue with 222

Tank => Go Orisa, Hog, Hammond, or DVa
Support => Go Ana, Baptiste, or Zenyatta
All the above => don’t expect that a single pick will counter a two-person combo… and ask your DPS nicely to help you focus them down

Actually fairly viable in mid ranks of ladder provided you have good healers, but this happens already on live and switching to a third tank usually leaves you at a healing or damage deficit, so you’re kinda screwed either way if it’s not working for your team. Best recommendation: if you’re a healer, switch to a main healer and be prepared to really juice your team. If you’re a DPS, go for someone with good self-sufficiency like Soldier and prepare to play a little smarter and not harder.

I’m assuming role specific SR will eventually put you with players you belong with. So, if your communication skills are up to par and you flex your role well I’m sure you’ll wind up with like-minded individuals. That to me seems solution enough in dealing with any problems a team may face together :man_shrugging:t2: Unfortunately you may have to take some hits in dealing with those kinds of situations you detailed above until the system separates the wheat from the chaff.

1 Like

major issue for sure…

but for me the real issue is can a lootbox here and there be enough to get people to actually tank/heal…its not like people who normally just play dps will all of a sudden want to (and if they do…will they ACTUALLY tank/heal…just picking them doesnt mean much)

It sounds like: If a small problem exists, 2-2-2 should not come

BTP: There are so many ways to deal with pharmercy. If people are to stubborn to switch, you loose a match move on. One match is not a big loss and Pharmercy duos aren’t that frequent.

1. D.va winston can have some fun harrassing aerial opponents, Baptiste/Zen/Ana can all also pitch in.
  2. Two offtanks? Can anyone say Dive? If it’s a D.va/Hog or a Zarya/Hog you might have issues but its still preferable IMO to having a solo tanking offtank, or no tanks.
  3. That’s just a report. It sucks, but they’re throwing.

It sounds like you don’t know my post history that well :slight_smile:

Just because I want Role Queue, doesn’t mean it’s a perfect system.

But at the same time, a perfect system is probably impossible.

1 Like

Those individual who cant adapt will lose SR on a regular basis due to their inhability to counter… in revenge ill have to deal with this 1 game.

222 is not perfect but still have more benifits

1 Like

Sorry I’m just a bit sensitive with the myriads of post about why a rare scenario is proof that role lock would be bad.

Role lock has his flaws, but I hope we will see long term changes in player behaviour

1 Like

A Doomfist and Wreckingball.
You sleep the Doom? Wreckingball wrecks you.
You sleep the Wreckingball? Doomfist Doomfists you.

It’s cancer.

That’s why you sleep the doom and stun/freeze the ball.

1. DVa, Hammond, with a side of Orisa can help deal with them… though idk how much DVa’s dumb nerfs hurt her against that duo.
    From support, Baptiste, Ana, and Zen can all help against them.

2. Mei for DPS. Rip Brigitte for Support.

3. Hammon or Roadhog for Tanks. Soldier, Mei, or any flanker who can live off health packs for DPS.

These are not insurmountable problems.

I can’t play 2/3 heroes at the same time.

How is this in reality any different from the same problems in open 6-stack?

If you assuming you are doing a different role swap to something else that’s equally injurious to your team comp. It might solve one problem but it leads to others.

Well your teamates who won’t switch to help will fall to their appropriate rank.

You’re grasping at straws here.

If no one on your team has the hero pool to counter Pharah, you deserve to lose.

Yep - this exactly and I was in this very spot this morning - finally had to “suggest” to DPS to get a darn hitscan - had a Genji and Tracer for pete’s sake…

1 Like

Funny you’re saying that, when that applies to yourself too :stuck_out_tongue:

Just do this: ghttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92IYIXQHSFM

or this: ghttps://clips.twitch.tv/AggressiveUninterestedTortoiseFUNgineer
(remove the g’s from the hyperlinks)
(obvious kappa)

1 Like

He’s not the one complaining though, that’s the point.

Does it? My Ashe and Sombra are decent enough to shoot down a Pharah.

And I can largely ignore Pharah on Moira or help my team kill Pharah as Mercy with damage boost.

The only Tank I play is Hammond (maybe Sigma soon). And those two can contribute to killing Pharah better than most of their role.

I won’t sit there and watch Pharah wreck my team. I’ll actively try to help take her down