The problem with Symmetra, rework her or not?

Symmetra is virtually useless unless you are playing as a 6-stack. No other hero is nullified in such a way by lack of teamwork.

it’s never useless >.> even if my teammates never use it (which mine tend to always do because i communicate alot lol) it’s still an escape tool for when you see monkey in the air you can teleport back away before he even lands. you can teleport around when doomfist junk and many other ults are used. TP is very useful if you have good awareness and reaction times.

no she’s not your the useless one if you think that. people with your mentality is 90% of her problem people are WAY to toxic torwards her.

1 Like

People of my mentality? Symmetra is my most played hero. I’ve played literally every iteration of her and was the first hero to ever achieve the top with.

Facts are facts - and the fact is Symmetra is an F-tier throw-pick anywhere above Plat. And sometimes she is not even good in Plat. The fact that a super small number of people can get to top 500 with her doesn’t take away from the fact that she is not viable. People managed to get to top 500 even with vanilla Sym who was arguably the worst character in OW.

Not really, i play her on defense all the time and she is still quite good. Is she just as useful? Maybe not, but she can still work.

Winrate doesn’t matter AT ALL in this game. You can play her on defense, win, and play her again on defense on another map, and win, and can get to really high amounts. Thats why 2.0 and Torb had such high winrates, because they were played where they were good, won, and never played her again.

I couldn’t care less that you got in 10% because of Sym 1.0. And I have never played 1.0, but i have seen gameplay and she actually sucked.

Yet people still claim that 2.0 was more balanced than this. Now that she is finally picked in S2, nobody says anything, as if the rework did her worse than before. She is even played more than Ashe(yeah reload sucks). She is finally not the worst hero. She is F if you play her like F tier. The gameplay changes with the person. If you don’t try wacky sh!t with her, then you won’t succeed. If you think she is useless and is in need of a rework, it is fine, but you have to accept that some of us DO like her 3.0 version.

Why does the platform that I play on matter? You sound like one of those PC master race players. Sym may not be the same on these platforms, but that doesn’t mean that I am not allowed to express my opinion on 3.0.

1 Like

Mid-Diamond up he’s probably quite right, but she is viable below that clearly.

i’ve played her in Master/GM Pugs she was fine. because the cordination exists at higher ranks to get value out of her at higher ranks on the maps you’d pick her. Most of my friends are master/gm so i run skrims with them often.

Nobody said that she is the perfect character in this game, but also saying that she is bad and garbage and needs another rework is just plain wrong.

1 Like

Exactly - she just needs some tweaking and some speed injected into her kit…

Monkey leaps, I use my ability to stop time. Deeply tp unfreeze time and tp. Got it

It’s not like it’s better to be used on offense than defense. It can be used both ways and still powerful. I meant that her ult is works more like Transcendence and Sound Barrier, to block/take away damage and create space so your team can push forward. Photon Barrier is very powerful in my opinion, just I think it’s a better ult if it was given to a tank or a support, not a dps. Though I would very much keep the Photon Barrier for Symmetra. Seriously all I need is her tp to be buffed and bug fixed.

2 Likes

What’s your elo I ask again.

Statistics and data don’t matter? Wow, what?

Sym 3.0 sucks too.

You can like whatever you want that’s not my point at all.

What!? You don’t think the platform upon which you play matters when discussing balance? :grinning:

I’m not even going to waste my time explaining how consoles and PC don’t share the same balance at all because that’s literally a self-evident fact.

You are allowed to express anything you want. No one is stopping you from expressing your opinion, least of all me. Express away as much as you want.

That doesn’t change the fact your opinion is wrong when it comes to PC. PC’s balance and console’s balance have nothing to do with one another.

The main platform upon which this game is played is PC. We are discussing balance on PC. I have no idea about balance on console and that’s not what I’m discussing at all. Symmetra is F-tier throw-pick anywhere above Plat (and sometimes even on Plat) on PC. That’s not an opinion, that’s a fact.

I seriously think that removing her lock-on beam and her “E” barrier is what triggers most 2.0 vers players right? Her turrets is definitely way better than before. Her tp needs some tweeks but now it can be used more reliably in offense. And photon barrier is very powerful, I do think that the removal of the lock-on was unnecessary. And she either needs her current secondary fire or her “E” shield, and the orb is more consistent and reliable. Shield gen, although powerful, will not see the light again I’m afraid, it’s too stationary to exist.

1 Like

Maybe the shield gen is too stationary but you could simply transform it into a passive for Symmetra: Like she is consuming Ammo and generates it back while shooting at barriers. So just think about instead generate ammo while attacking barriers she could spread some barrier HP in a range around her and decrease the barriers HP. It feels like a drain who rewards you because of the fact you got some extra (barrier) HP for attacking it.
It would be so much more supportive and one reason more why she should a utility based support again instead a dps hero

2 Likes

Totally agree with you, even though I really like her now, the devs needs to make her either a dps or a support. If this ever happens then one of her kit might be removed from her (again) or rework them completely (again).

2 Likes

Yep. The problem with this iteration is that they took away everything good from Sym 1.0 and Sym 2.0. The new Sym has things that I like (the way turrets are deployed and her faster orbs, which unfortunately do not pierce anymore) but there’s too many other new drawbacks that came from the rework.

So the stuff that she gained didn’t warrant the price she paid to get those things.

2 Likes

I really like this idea. It didn’t make her a passive because she needs to directly deals damage. And it can increase her survivability which she really needs right now and this can benefits her team much more better and much more reliant than tp.

1 Like

She is definetly way better than before, thats not just my opinion. Her teleporter could use tweaks and such, as well as minor buffs to her kit. Shield gen was great, although it would make Sym VERY weird to play. Photon Barrier is great as well, it is just that if Sym is played on Goats, the barrier is useless. Turrets are fine, nothing really about them that I dont like, maybe just that they attack a bit too late. Otherwise, she is fine, doesn’t need a really big rework again. She is fun and is viable. As her voiceline says “Who knows what the future holds”, she can always receive changes to her kit. But as they said, reworks are done for a while, and I am glad about that. They are right that it splits the character fanbase, and I wouldn’t mind if they left her like this.

Feels as if it wont matter.

Shes clunky af. TP is the champion of bugs and misplacements. most of the times, it wont even pick up her own turrets cause they are placed on a different staircase elevation and “out of sight” or whatever despite BEING ON TOP OF IT.

Shes not OWL worthy so devs clearly dont care.

The rework feels still as hurried to please the dps mains. “Ohh look, a zarya 50% ripoff beam, thats now heavily aim reliant” (Yes im one of those ppl, deal with it we exist)

with no survival skills.

Orbs no longer penetrate shields, so bunker buster is obsolete. (GG blizz)

So, coming from one sym main.
Shes like the simpsons after X seasons.

Just let her die with some dignity.

I’ll keep saying it because it’s true: Sym 2.0 with six 3.0 turrets is the perfect Symmetra.

1 Like