The problem with Symmetra, rework her or not?

I don’t have any problem with the current Symmetra. I never experienced the lock-on since I played this game for two months. Her primary fire is barely any concern in my opinion. It was her rather contradictive kit that I brought into discussion. It’s fine, albeit needs some more tweeks, but… I’m not going to explain it since it is a very long explanation. Perhaps maybe you should re-read what I just write. Thank you.

1 Like

This is evidently a false claim. Her pick-rate has dropped to 0.98% and her win-rate has dropped to 56.31% (this is about 12% drop from her previous win-rates).

Normally as a character is reworked and gains new players, the pick-rate increases and the win-rate decreases as a result.

In this case, she is virtually the worst hero with even less people playing her than before and even less win-rate than before (a huge drop in win-rate).

This is clearly based on data, Pro play, OWL an objectively wrong claim.

Her old lock on was decent, but not really better than this version imo. She was more of a “Attack me NOW or I will rip your face off” because unless she had her shield gen, then she was just another squishie. Her primary fire is decent, has potential, but her ammo and range keep her back. She is a bit of a poor man’s Zarya, but other than that, she is fine. Also I think a cool passive for her would be a personal shield gen, as they might be concerned that if they make more abilites like this(such as armour pack and Rally), it might be way worse to play against, as it counts as stacking. Something like 50 more HP or Shields would increase her survivability, which she kinda has, it is just not obvious.

1 Like

Like you said the rework just feels like it was a hurry decision and many ppl were complaining about her too high damage output as a support hero.
But in fact she was the only one who had the capabilities of utility assistment and get no heal because of that.
I rly wish that she get back to such a state where she assists the healer and protect the squishy allies from enemy flanks tho.
If she would get more love in cases of her barrier-uses and put more love into the rest of her utility capabilities, she might be a stunning offensive support nearly like Brig is right now.

Also in my opinion it is finally time to get something against all those massive cc’s we got nearly everywhere and that could be another utility tool which Symmetra could get in cases she will be a support hero tho.

I think she needs another rework tbh. She feels like a Dps and support. She needs to be really good at close range imo.

atm, i have zero, absolute zero confidence in the dev’s making sym anything useable.

But at the same time, i am 100% certain, with Workshop, we will see a handfull of VIABLE sym ‘reworks’ in less then 48 hours thats not over the top.

1 Like

I agree: let’s hope Symmetra could be great thanks to the workshop but i took a look at it yesterday and didnt find any option to generate some extra barrier-based HP, which she totaly should have as a support hero like in 1.0 or 2.0

Tbh don’t worry about it, worshop will definetly be improved in the future

1 Like

I don’t think she needs a rework, but

• the teleporter could use some love. It doesn’t really do what it’s supposed to, and it certainly doesn’t fulfill the fantasy of constructing new pathways and routes for my team. Imo it definitely needs a shorter cast-time, but perhaps make it a throwable jumppad instead?
  • The gun+sentries combo is cool, could maybe use some buff (maybe extra lmb range, or larger rmb splash, maybe shorter sentry cooldown or shorter activation time).
  • The ult could be improved too. Let Symm recast it to a new position, which it will move to over time, or discourage enemies from passing through it somehow, via damage or some debuff.
  • Lots of people asking for some defensive ability like the old barrier, or stealing shield with her gun… I’d enjoy it, but I dunno.
1 Like

i have played a mode called 5% projectile speed and its absolutely a haven for me,
using her orbs and seeing them scatter around in the point that it looks like a minefield of 120 dps orbs, i wouldn’t mind if she can do that hehe

Tbh old barrier didn’t work. Like at all. But I agree with the other buffs, they look quite decent. She is just a bit too slow atm, but other than that, she is fine.

What im going to try when workshop hits live (Cba with pts)

Increase duration of TP by alot. (until recast if doable)

Turrets; Increased slow, reduced dmg.

primary, increased range, reduced dmg.
secondary, pretty much ignore it unless you can let it pass shields again

She needs sustsin ability only imo. Like shield rechare rate included to extra ammo if she shoots into shield or damage on shield heros

1 Like

that’s why i noticed earlier that she could get a passive like mercy or brig, which drain the enemy shield for her and she simply spread it out close to brig’s inspiration.
like that she would be more supportive for the whole team while she also gets a benefit from it

1 Like

Sorry but I main Symmetra 3.0. I never even experienced 2.0 at all. I only know what they are capable of due to the old videos of her gameplay.

I just stated that her kit is rather contradictive right now, and I do said that the devs could rework her into a dps oriented hero or support oriented ones. But it doesn’t mean they should.

And being mean doesn’t get anything done does it? Her 2.0 players are upsets that they reworked her completely into a different hero. And yes, 3.0 Symmetra is not even close to what 2.0 is. I sympathize with them and ask for their opinion on what they want as Symmetra.

2 Likes

personally i can answer it as former Symmetra (2.0) main: i want her back as utility support and i guess you already noticed that xD

1 Like

Please read the post. I just asked does she need a rework. I am perfectly fine with her current version. But the 2.0 and the community seems to unable to accept her still. I don’t want her to be the meta character like Mercy used to be. I simply give some opinion if she EVER get reworked (again) her kit should be full-blown dps or full-blown support.

1 Like

Does she need another rework? No.
Do I want her to have another rework? Yes.

All of her current problems can easily be fixed by simple (yet maybe significant) number adjustements and QoL fixes. Still, doesn’t change the fact I hate every single bit of her current version. Whether “fun-to-play” reason is valid reason or not I will leave to you.

I already made Symmetra that can heal in workshop. She can heal 90 hps with primary now ^^

Please… I did read your thread twice now just cause you told me to & will still say that that these hero ‘‘x’’ isnt gonna get reworked cause even the man himself aka Jeff said so.

Also there was a reason that Sym was reworked to be dps hero cause she IS dps. Not support hero.