The problem with Symmetra, rework her or not?

considering every time she gets rework she’s always strong and stronger… no… she’d be way to OP at this rate. She’s already borderlining on it right now. The only thing i might want is her piercing orbs back so she’s even more effective against goats then she already is. (was a very good tool vs goats during 2.0)

but reality is she just needs bug fixes. and her ‘mains’ to get a bigger brain because your the only one holding her back.

I am against the rework as well. I love 3.0, and 4.0 would just kill it. You don’t like her?ok. Some of us like her. People still think that she is 2.0 or whatever. This is a new character, 2.0 is NOTHING like 3.0, and 3.0 is balanced and healthy.

2 Likes

agree’d Also wish the other symm mains would stop speaking for all of us.

1 Like

Suggesting that she needs buffs or adjustments is fine. But trying to say that 3.0 destroyed or that she is unviable shows complete blindness.

she’s still the same Symm i always loved. just better.

Exactly. 20 characters

In short, her kit is fine, but its just too slow. She needs her entire kit sped up with the exception of ult charge. Movement speed on turrets is far too slow, the orbs are too slow, the TP set up is too slow, the primary is too slow to ramp up. This is her biggest problem, simply speed.

Symmetra is an absolute throw-pick anywhere above platinum. Suggesting she is balanced and healthy is complete absurdity when you look at her pick-rate and her win-rate.

She is not viable currently. I don’t know how you can claim the opposite with a straight face.

Just the teleporter. No matter how much you buff it, unless people manually activate it, it’s useless

Absolutely not.

She is already better than what she was before.

Also Jeff already confirmed that theyre not gonna rework anyone. Believe him.

Can you guys chill with these rework hero ‘‘x’’ threads pls?

1 Like

I agree, asking for reworks are unlikely to produce a result - OTOH, he also indicated that they are watching the numbers for Sym and Torb both to decide if they are balanced or not, and that was six+ months ago…

Jeff buddy, it’s time to do some tweaking here, Sym should at least be playable into Masters…

She is…

She just doesnt belong every single meta nor isnt good in every single map.

1 Like

it originally didn’t have a activation button but that was quickly changed because i was highly vocal on the ptr forums about how it could be used to teleport people forcefully off cliffs or behind enemy lines to die
much like the people who use mei purely to troll. You could stand behind your orisa and teleport her out of position with out her concent.

If you pick her in the right situations, such as defense Hanamura/Anubis/King’s row(those are just examples, there are many more) then she is an absolute beast. And I can say it with a straight face because I know what I am talking about and play her quite frequently. She is balanced and healthy. Yeah sure, there is room for improvement, but trying to call her garbage shows ignorance because there are MANY Sym players that made her work in higher ranks, such as Hoshizora, Stevo, Luminum. If you want Sym to be the META DEFINING that some Sym players wish, then I am sorry to burst your bubble but she is niche and thats completely fine. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that

2 Likes

Then frankly there is no issue then right? Few characters are good in every map/meta… why are people saying she is useless above Plat? I’ve been told a couple times I could probably push into Diamond with her… but have been reluctant to try due to all this talk of toxicity and her being “unviable”…

hey atleast she has a higher pick rate in OWL then Ashe lol

Yeah and that is due to the Pro’s not liking the reload mechanic, it is far too long. As someone suggested, she needs a faster reloading, or maybe load 2 shots per reload cycle… I also am convinced her scope view is still bugged, I played her the other day and I know I was on the target, fired and no register, that just doesn’t seem fixed yet.

She is actually a much worse pick on defense now compared to 2.0.

What’s your elo?

With a 0.98% pick-rate and a 56.30% win-rate (about 10% drop from before?)

You mean three players out of a ridiculously low population who made Sym 1.0 also work at high elo. As if that’s any indication that the hero is viable. You do realize I got in top 10% of competitive with vanilla Sym, by your logic vanilla Sym was balanced.

You ain’t bursting any bubble mate, Symmetra not only isn’t meta defining, she is a trash F-tier hero for now 3+ years. With 0% pick-rate in OWL Season 1, the only hero to ever not get picked a single time.

Upon checking your profile - you are a console player. We are talking balance on PC obviously mate.

So honestly i love Symm since i played her the very first time with her very first kit tho.
I just loved to add some extra HP to everyone who just got in my range - i would love to see some heroes again with such a utility skill. Barrier-Life was one of my most favorite tools in this game back the time Symm was a Support tho.
I have to admit that the extra barrier HP is kinda missing now - i mean we got Brigitte who can Armor you up and Heal at the same time. Why Symmetra never got something like that ? Healing Ability as Support seems to be necessary to be one. So i know Symmetra is now a dps character but i loved her as Support much more because she wasn’t the healing part of supporting but more utility and protecting part which now Brig has to do as the only one.

If Symmetra get changed into a support hero again i would love to see an equal skill which can heal (or heal over time) and put you a nice little barrier HP over the top if you are full health.
A barrier was always in her kit so she needs one and i have to say that i loved the barrier from her 2.0 state most!
Her turrets could get replaced fully or just changes into more utility stuff like if you get cc’d, they try to save you by cleanse from it. Or simply instead dealing damage they could heal your party with a maximum of 2 turrets which can heal seperatly if the allies or symmetra herself is in range

Her TP was and is the core of her kit, so i want her to keep it like it is as a “normal” skill but those delayes should be smaller or something like that.

Rly guys: Symmetra was ment to be a support which doesn’t heal that much but strenghten your party through barriers and other utility stuff and i want her to get back to that state again.
If healers are the blood and the heart of a body which keeps you alive, she will be the bones who strengthen the body up.

2 Likes

That’s not the point. Unless people agree to play the strategy symmetra wants, it’s pretty much useless outside very niche turet bombs

2 Likes