The patch went back live again

I know right? The funny thing is, that is what balancing for GM would actually look like. :slight_smile:

People would freak the hell out, and I wouldn’t be able to stop giggling at it. I am an awful person I think, but I play Mei / Sombra, so… there is that.

If I had my way, I would probably rework him in a way that wouldnt make the lower playerbase panic, then buff him to see viability in GM. Now he can be strong in GM and not get instant nerfed. Hopefully that is their OW2 direction but he seemed kind of meh from the looks of it

Yeah, I think the OW2 version could be pretty good, but I’ve not had a change to play it to see.

I mean, that is OW2 all over though, I don’t know what it will be like to play, My big worry is that we won’t have any support players when it comes time to play comp.

But there is likely a lot of time between now and release, maybe there will be some goodness there so we don’t lose them all.

I mean, I totally agree with you. I main Sym - every time she received any sort of buff people freaked out. Remember when they tried to make her beam decay slower? Panic. 140 orbs even though they’re still the worst projectiles? Panic.

1 Like

I’ll summarize my thoughts:

• Moira - nice, adds depth to a character that needed something
  • Hanzo - unnecessary, he’s already strong and doesn’t need scatter back.
  • McCree - unnecessary, you guys tested this twice and it didn’t go to live. Doesn’t fix his issues.
  • Ball - unnecessary, there’s already PLENTY of tools to stop spin to win. It’s not even an issue in lower ranks. Takes away some uniqueness of the character.

Overall, 1 star out of 4.

3 Likes

And next time, it would be much more appreciated if this was dropped in experimental instead of live, so you avoid situations like this:

1 Like

This was in experimental before live. All of these things were in experimental, or in live before.

I don’t know why every one of your replies makes it so clear that you genuinely didn’t even understand what I typed. It’s like you’re skimming the vague idea of my posts, seeing some words, then formulating my argument in your own head. This is a waste of time with you.

If you focused on being a better player, you’d have better understanding. Your Widow take also makes zero sense which I guess isn’t very surprising. I think when you grow up you’ll understand things a bit better.

You can go ahead and have the last word, but I suggest getting better at the game is a better use of your time.

Now, we agree about most things, but I don’t agree with this.

Sucking at something is the first step to being good at something. Accept you will suck, and your SR will drop till you are at your level.

You won’t stay there long as you get the skills to play her.

I did the same with Sombra, and I don’t regret it one bit. It is ok to be bad at a hero. It is ok to main a hero you are bad at if you want to get good at them.

It is just a game, and SR isn’t important. Enjoy what you play, and play that. You will improve at it.

If you enjoy Widow then Widow. Don’t let anyone stop you, especially yourself. I wouldn’t be good at Mei or Sombra if I stuck to what I was good at. Hell, I would still be a Mercy main and hating it.

Don’t do this to yourself.

1 Like

When? There was no notifications or patch notes for it, unless I’m missing something.

The cass, rein, and hanzo changes were in an experimental card last month, which I think they were refering to. Moira and ball wasnt IIRC

Most of these came from the CC patch which also had a ton of other changes, at the time they worked in the vacuum of “Wacky changes”. If they wanted to bring these to live some proper testing on a “serious” patch was needed.

Long story short, yes, most of these we already tested but on really different conditions to live so proper testing was needed.

2 Likes

To be frank, the Cowboy changes have been in multiple experimental cards.

And when you make random changes without little community feedback or going completely radio silent, don’t be surprised when there is a strong reaction to said changes.

1 Like

The dps meta?
For two heroes that got already played over and over again?
Yeah, right…

1 Like

You didn’t do anything to shake up the meta tho?? Rein, Cassidy and Hanzo are already meta and you just made them stronger and more annoying.

The only good change is Moira one. But it’s not the right buff. Moira has more and different kind of issues.

8 Likes

Have you guys actually see the quality of matches on the OW ladder, the increasing wait times, and the complete clown fiesta gameplay is turning into?

The player base has been lodging complaints about the game’s direction for over a year and yet you insist on moving towards this damage and mobility focused low TTK design philosophy. This isn’t listening, it’s a continuation in the erosion of what little is left of what made OW special.

7 Likes

this does NOTHING to change the meta. This will not effect the meta at all. No bap and brig nerfs, no echo or tracer nerfs. You buffed TWO A tier DPS, no c tier hero buffs. This does nothing and actually makes it worse.

6 Likes

Because the meme patch was actually a stealth experimental, and “none of these changes will go to live” actually means “some of these changes will make it through lol”

3 Likes

Where did it come from, where did it went?

So basically, as one of the last few Pharah mains in existence, I’m leaving matches now when I see a McCree at the start

What little chance you had against him (juggling him with 3-5 surprise rockets) is now unviable

I will now be taking insults (one at a time pls)

1 Like