The patch went back live again

I have 1300 hours on Ball I have learn almost all his tech.If you don’t know how useful his Grapple is to set his tech then you are the one who just doesn’t know how to play him.

Spin to win only happends In gold and below

2 Likes

You had feedback from the EXPERIMENTAL time…

How do you shake up the meta when you Buffed at least 2 of the Heros that are ALREADY META AND IN EVERY GAME???

Why would I bother wasting my time being specific about what I am taking from this experience and my frustrations, when you CLEARLY didn’t listen when people sent feedback about changes that were in experimental and you ram them through to live anyways???

16 Likes

Its so funny looking at this patch and remember that suddenly all streamers said that overwatch future is brilliant and optimistic

:joy:

16 Likes

Except it should. Why should the top 1% get a game exclusively catered to them when the bottom 99% can’t get her to work? That’s neat that pro’s can make it work, I don’t care because that’s never been my world, and thus will never affect me.

Funny because from my point of view, all I see is but what about me over and over. Apperently its best to appease the top 1% instead of the masses, well I hope Blizzard remembers that the 99% pays for their game, and the 1% can’t even keep the lights on.

1 Like

I’m not even the 1% rn. Thing is, balancing the game for average ranks would feel awful - for the average ranks. I’ve explained this at length before but without derailing this thread much more by replying to your nonsensical takes, understand that by balancing around the average rank, you’re incentivized to play in an average way, and what should be “good” plays will not be rewarded, and everyone in every rank will feel it.

Think of it this way, a GM plays like a GM most of the time, but a plat will play like a GM some of the time → when they make good plays. And when they make these plays, they’re rewarded with won fights and won matches. That feels good because your performance matters and swung you a game. If we didn’t balance towards a heroes potential, what makes those plays “good plays” won’t exist because it will be thwarted by someone who didn’t make a good play because the ceiling of a hero was artificially introduced thanks to balancing their potential for the mid ranks. Balancing for the high end allows every hero to be useful up until those high ranks, and allows good play to be rewarded throughout the entire ladder.

Also, pro =/= GM. I’m talking about GM and ladder balance, pro play is entirely different.

1 Like

People have given you their feedback THEY HATE IT.

4 Likes

We never got GM balancing for like 3 years until OWL ended.

OWL is never playing OW1 again, so they by all rights can proceed with buffing heroes that would be OP in coordinated OWL hands.

Moira’s ult cost got nerfed because of Zombies. Zombies is way too hard for even top 500 strangers to pull off properly. Moira struggles in GM.

Mei is another hero that should probably get reverted to her state pre left click piercing. Because man oh man, her kit is clunky. Keep the icewall cracking and hero width changes though.

6 Likes

I’m not seeing any hate on the Moira changes.

While I would LOVE her to be reverted back to that, the reason they did her changes was to try to keep tank players playing.

I mean, I play Mei, I would love the revert, but I know deep down they ain’t ever going to happen.

Mercy has a higher chance of a revert to multi Rez than Mei has a revert to old Mei.

2 Likes

I saw one a couple of hours ago where someone said that her super jump is going to make them jump more into walls or something like that.

1 Like

I don’t care about some potential that may come to occure. I care about the fact that if Brigitte is nerfed than one of my favorite heroes in my favorite game will become so astronomically useless I won’t even be able to enjoy her unless doing so is equivical to soft throwing, or I just accept losing. Either of those scenario’s makes me hate the game. I don’t want to hate the game. So screw the 1%.

Um… what? I guess you can’t please everyone. I mean, I’m not seeing anything thinking this buff is going to make her OP, which is nice to see.

Also they have a Problem in GM with Tracer, which you know, reverting Brig would fix.

It is like they can’t stand to have a effective counter to her in the game.

2 Likes

The most complaints im seeing is its barely a buff and not going to help her

2 Likes

I don’t think so either but I can’t be 100% sure with myself since I’m not a moria main so I’m no expert.

I think it is lovely. I love fade jumping and getting in and smashing people who think they are safe from me.

Also it is a DAMN fine escape, like seriously good. Fade is good, but a good fade jump is magic :).

If she needs more buffs on top of that, I think the Moira players will be all over that, but this is nice, and I for one love it.

Things which make heroes play smoother, and my dynamically without making them much stronger are things we should really be stacking on hard.

I would prefer they buff her in ways that create more utility ways to succeed, or input/decision making to occur. Straight numbers changes are not only boring, they don’t meaningfully increase ways for Moira to be more engaging. The fade jump buff isn’t nearly enough, but its a way to dynamically affect a match in a more interesting way than doing 5 more dps does.

Moira’s buff is easily one of the most healthiest buffs in a long time. I’m still jaded they increased Mercy’s hps from 50->55 instead of giving her more meaningfully interactions or possiblities.

2 Likes

If you don’t care about the potential of a hero (and I don’t mean like top500 insane potential, I mean you making a good play in a fight) then why be concerned with balance at all? It shouldn’t matter to you if you have no intention to win and improve. That’s what everyone’s goal in comp should be.

Burst heal or cleanse to the R key, but we cant have nice things

1 Like

I am pretty damn jaded about that as an argument. I would be SUPER happy if they decided to balance for GM, but they don’t.

If they did, you would see eye watering buffs for things like Bastion for instance, and big nerfs on Tracer, which would be pretty funny to see.

But they don’t. So, making arguments around balancing for GM when it is obvious that they do not do so, more so, if they did, the VERY same players who argue for that would cry so damn hard.

I however would love to see it. If they actually decided to Balance for GM, I would laugh and laugh and laugh.

4 Likes

Because MMR is a thing and if I get drastically more value out of one hero than the next than I can’t realistically play that one hero. For example I can’t play widowmaker because playing her is equivocal to throwing as I can’t bring out her true potential. In the same sense heroes that are bad to play unless you can squeeze out an astronomical level of power out of them makes it hard to play them at reasonable levels as the average person preforms… averagely. Thus heroes that aren’t good unless you know how to squeeze every ounce of performance out of them means they are effectively useless for the lay man.

People seem to forget that at different ranks there are different meta’s. Just because someone is in a lower rank doesn’t mean the meta doesn’t affect them, it just affects them differently, and if you are going to sit here and say you don’t care about my low rank meta. I’m going to tell you I don’t care about the slightest about your high rank meta.

2 Likes

Well they tried it, and the community exploded so much they reverted it within a week, and I dont think theyve dared to touch bastion since