The patch went back live again

iirc double sniper caused double shield (or rather, double shield was a result to double sniper), then the DPS heroes changed to mei / doom / reaper, then balance changes happened to sigma and other heroes

but the point being that hanzo wasn’t an answer to double shield, double shield was an answer to hanzo originally

3 Likes

There’s an experimental mode made exactly for this purpose without pissing off the playerbase and “drive conversation”.

You get that right?

So mad right now…

22 Likes

I think you should direct that message at yourself. It’s also not like I started the debate, friendo, that was you. You don’t get to start an argument with me then decide that I’m not doing it right.

I’m stating what any good OW player would also state. There is no high-rank player who denies that Brig is strong.

I was never trying to engage in discussion, because anyone who thinks Brig is weak does not understand the game well enough to teach me anything valuable, quite frankly.

Spoken like a true elitist.

2 Likes

I just don’t understand it.

We have heroes who are greatly underperforming. Heroes like bastion, mei and symmetra, and the decision is made to buff heroes like McCree and Hanzo who are in a far better spot.

Why?

17 Likes

Because Blizzard has blind favoritism towards its special children and doesn’t care about anyone else except them.

3 Likes

What’s frustrating about it is that we already went through all this when they put it on Experimental. That’s what I’m not understanding. Why is a months-old experiment that was panned being pushed through regardless? The McCree change is especially bad because this is the third time it’s been brought up and it’s been rejected every time. We know they saw the feedback then because it would’ve gone live sooner otherwise. So what gives?

13 Likes

I’m taken back by that tbh.

You were given feedback regarding this on Experimental, and you chose to put it back but you put it onto the live servers.

That’s what makes me feel frustrated. We gave you feedback already. Every part of the internet gave you feedback. Twitter, Reddit, Forums, etc. all gave you feedback on those changes. You’ve put it on live servers.

This is why people don’t feel like our feedback matters. Especially when very structured and thought-out posts go unnoticed, and despite the number of them, the changes go through lol.

20 Likes

Roll is one of the worst abilities in the game.

No, it doesn’t. Especially after buffing McRightclick and other Meta DPS AGAIN.

1 Like

No you dont understand, these changes were already tried there and people said they were bad. So clearly lets just shove them to live, say we are listening to feedback, and ignore the community again.

1 Like

Thank you, finally someone said it. Moira is my main healer and i’m always confused to why people keep insisting she is trash around these parts.

I mean the consider meta (DPS) heroes keep getting buff meanwhile other heroes get left in the dust and become even more unfun to enjoy or play example Reaper. Heck, this makes Winston life more miserable. It’s just frustrating experience

2 Likes

Worst part is, as much as i like/respect Andy, this “summarizing your feedback” feels extremely empty. If they wanted feedback all of this should have gone throught the process we are used to instead of going straight to live.

It honestly feels as though they dont care about feedback and are only asking for it for the sake of keeping up a front. if they cared about feedback then they would have asked for it during an experimental, not after a live patch.

6 Likes

What is even the point of sending it to Geoff?

The feedback was already available and you guys were already expecting “a lot of conversation”, and yet was it immediately put on live.

And why buff Cassidy Hanzo of all the DPS’ers when there are DPS heroes in a far worse state?

Look, I appreciate your effort and communication AndyB, but to me does it looks player feedback and fair balancing simply doesn’t matter, and I doubt sending a summary to Geoff will change that.

14 Likes

Ball is done is like learning a brand new character all over again and to be frank I don’t have the time for that.

Thank you for destroying my game I guess I’m quitting until overwacht 2.

I am SERIOUSLY happy to see the Moira fade jump being made easy.

I may even play a few games of support to celebrate it, and see if I can get good at them again.

If you relied on spin to win on ball, you didn’t know how to play him in the first place.

Well my feedback is while I haven’t played the Moira change yet outside of expermental, I very much approve of getting an old form of skilled play back on her.

How? You buffed two heroes that were already meta or meta adjacent. Moving around the top 4 heroes is not ‘shaking up’ the meta.

I am sorry, I know you are trying to be communicative. But this is always what we hear when something clearly imbalanced is added into the game despite feedback warning it is bad. It starts with some proposed and clearly imbalanced change. We give reasons and explanation about why it is bad. It goes live and you guys tell us you are ‘monitoring the situation.’ And we spend the next multiple weeks frustrated.

I can already speak to the experience before buffs. Both Cassidy and Hanzo are frustrating to deal with. Their damage and value are to high for their weaknesses (especially Cassidy).

They are both already over performing. You have given them what are significant buffs with no downside. There is only one way that can go. A power increase is going to make them more dominant, and more frustrating to play against, regardless of what the change is. I know you guys are smart enough to know that. You have to know that this will make the game worse for anyone not playing those heroes.

So, if you want good feedback: Why did you not include any kind of power reduction before putting these changes out? Even if the changes were good for playstyle, mechanics, etc, they will not be good because of the current power level of the heroes. If you want real, constructive feedback on these changes the heroes must be brought down from their current OP state before receiving any kind of buff. What you are doing guarantees a bad experience for people playing any other hero.

19 Likes

thank you, it sounds quite interesting

2 Likes

Instead of whining about elitism and all that kind of gibberish, improve your understanding of the game, and improve your performance.

Games are successful when they’re balanced around the realistic potential of a hero’s kit - not around the inability of the average player to use said kit.

It’s not elitism - nothing is in place that is somehow barring a specific group of people from becoming better. Your lack of skill is on you. That’s how online games work.

Your responses point to a profound immaturity so I’m going to assume you’re a kid. You’re deflecting every response of mine after inviting yourself into a debate with me over me stating a widely-accepted opinion among skilled players.

Can you imagine if some high schooler went and tried to tell a college professor that they were wrong (because the high schooler does not have the knowledge to understand what the prof said) and when the college professor explains that they’re not in fact wrong, that kid calls them an “elitist” because they dont actually have anything to say? You should work on this habit.

Every reply you’ve made to my posts is either nonsensical, a comment that changes the goalpost, or some sort of deflection.

At the end of the day, if you think Brig is underpowered, I can tell without looking at your profile or Overbuff that you cannot be a skilled player. And that’s fine but your experience should not be the driver of balance. You should have the decency and cognizance to understand that.

I main Sym so from my perspective, Doomfist and Pharah are “S-tier” heroes and I would emotionally love to see them nerfed. But I have the awareness to understand that my isolated experience is NOT the barometer for balance. You need to understand that too.

Granted IDK why I bothered typing all this since your reply is gonna be something along the lines of “go away elitist” and not show that you took in any of my extremely valid points.

So I’ll tl,dr → git gud