The official Mercy fanclub

They shut down bilzzard world!
Whats going on! Now where am I to vist my Murlocs?

1 Like

Here’s a clip for ya

https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/intermediary/f/d49b0aed-55f6-494d-baac-336d708034a0/dbhv79q-b6949a61-6e4b-4508-b10a-ca86409e1bb1.png/v1/fill/w_918,h_871,q_70,strp/dark_souls_mercy_by_faebelina_dbhv79q-pre.jpg

4 Likes

Is that Mercy as a Dark Souls boss? Good lord I didn’t know I needed this.

1 Like

Yep. When I saw it I had the same reaction

1 Like

Good games as all good fiction in any entertainment medium exist to make fictitious characters relate to real people – which it sounds this game does splendidly,. Thing is, if the fictitious world relates to the real person’s misery, there’s a good chance that person won’t go for it, even if the story and characters are great.

Activision is horrible. Growing up, I never in my darkest dreams thought Blizzard as a company could ever be ruined due to the superiority of its products and their good business decisions. Now it seems it’s happening and Bliz might go down like the Hindenburg.

I’ve had my moments when I tried Battle Mercy, but generally my aim isn’t good enough for it except in special circumstances like I snuck up on a Sentry Bastion that’s not aware of me, or I have a safe and clear shot at an Ulting Pharah.

It’s a good picture, for sure, but Evil Mercy is a bit strange, yeah.

You still get your :switzerland: chocos, though, don’t worry.

Meh, I hope things will turn around. I can’t imagine Activision WANTS a company it owns to putrefy into decaying garbage, when Activision could make gazillions by managing it responsibly.

I find your logic reassuring. I really like a lot of stuff about Overwatch – though I confess not Comp – and I hope it’ll exist and be healthy for many many years to come.

1 Like

What?
I was talking about this.

1 Like

I am sorry, I misunderstood you.

Activision had Bliz wreck the Diablo franchise and roughly a month later they’ve now wrecked the HOTS franchise. A lot of talent left Bliz when Activision took over, and yeah, the morale among a lot of gamers is pretty bad.

1 Like

It would be cool if they could keep us old gamers happy and at the same time attract a new audience. They really missed the mark with that “grand” announcement for a mobile title in front of a large PC audience.
As long as they leave my beloved Overwatch to its own I won’t give up on Blizzard.

I won’t begin to try and understand this relationship but I believe it is a partnership more than one owns the other.

1 Like

Ok i need this skin next Xmas …

3 Likes

Finished placements this morning. Placed a little higher than expected considering how some of them went. interesting fact compared to base 60hp/s mercy i only healed like 200 less per 10 min and actually dmg boosted like 300 dmg more per 10. Also died slightly less on avg and number of rezzes pretty much stayed the same.
And here’s Sailor Mercy

3 Likes

So THIS is how you become popular in 2 seconds?

It’s a bunch of friends hanging out with each other. Nobody here is out to become popular.

2 Likes

I highly doubt that…

Sadly, with the amount of money they have, they could easily have attracted a new audience while keeping the existing customers happy, but big corporations are sometimes detached from Main Street America’s reality. From my experience with them, downsizing and firing people for basically its own sake somehow helps their bottom line and drives up their stock. Some of them fire people not because those people necessarily deserve to be fired because the corporates enjoy it, as sick as that sounds.

Well, Bliz stock did NOT go up from Activision’s actions.

Some big companies and CEOs have a reputation for grabbing up other companies and doing stupid things with them. Gaia Online used to be the biggest forum network on the planet and got big advertisements from Hollywood films, Coke, Random House, etc. Then, a CEO and his corporate goons took over, and right now the site’s gone from having like 400,000 users online at peak times to having less than 5000. The best part is this CEO has made a career of taking over functioning companies and reducing them into rubble long-term to make good short-term profit. Maybe Activision likes to pretend they’re not like that, but at this point I am not so sure. Neither are all the talented Blizzard people that found new jobs ASAP once Activision bought out Bliz.

It’s a really cute video. Yeah, a lot of people were hoping for a skin like that this year. The elf Mercy wasn’t half bad, though!

Nice pic, as always. :smiley:

I had the same issue: my healing records went up AFTER the nerf. But pre-nerf I was solidly in Silver, and that hasn’t exactly been my problem since.

The nerf forced Mercy players to compensate for her lack of raw power with improvisation, smart evasive maneuvers and learning to make the most out of her existing skills. Sadly, that still doesn’t change the fact that she’s been nerfed 10 times.

1 Like

Going PG-13 today

3 Likes

Lovely. O_O

I think D.Va is starring in all the movies to compensate for something. And this proves it.

1 Like

I am so happy!

I only have Alpine Soldier and Beachrat as my unlocked Winter Wonderland event skins so what are the odds of getting Sugar Plum Mercy?!

Til now, all my Mercy Event Legendaries are unlocked through coins or purchased lootboxes (Zhuque) or direct purchase (Pink). I have the coins but was holding out for the last day to unlock … now I can use Sugar Plum Mercy for the rest of the event!

– Hopeless Mercy Fan –

1 Like

Grats on the Sugar Plum skin! I think it’s a great skin, though I do think Olympic Goddess, Pink and Zhuque are a tiny bit better. Still, it’s really good and I am glad to own it.

I get very happy when I get a Mercy legendary skin; but I always make sure to save up enough coins to buy it regardless.

2 Likes

Is it just me or is there a lot of leavers this season? I actually managed to get a Zarya potg (was filling) while we were 3v6

3 Likes

4 Likes