The "Mercy" Situation

Agreed, Mercy will just get worse and worse until she is reworked again to a worse State

1 Like

This is what has to change…this is the key right here. The effect is too powerful to proliferate, therefore its impact on the game must be lowered dramatically in order to offset this dramatic imbalance.

or you know, maybe significantly buff the other healers? Most of the support roster doesn’t get used at all even before Mercy’s rework.

1 Like

Fantastic counter argument, truly insightful.

6 Likes

No, arms races in game development are wrong. When one in a group is clearly too strong, it is always better to weaken the strong than to boost the already acceptable. This prevents an overabundance of survival and artificially prolonged encounters.

1 Like

I know it’s a troll message that contributes nothing to the conversation, but the best thing to do is flag and ignore.

Current Mercy is still too strong in comparison to the other healers but you don’t seem to be attacking that version of Mercy…

2 Likes

I agree that one shouldn’t buff heroes so they are as good as the others, but when a hero is massively pick over the rest since the rework there is a problem.

I would love to see Lucio and Ana get buffs to be played more, but this current Mercy makes it hard for then.

Even with the 10 nerfs she has recieved she will still be over picked for rez on E. This is a issue. It should be a ult.

The nerf Mercy deserves to be put back into her place is a rework with rez back in her ult in some way. Not a freebie every 30 seconds.

1 Like

Well if you count the cut and paste quote from Megathread 8 a dev made in a Briggutte thread that was kinda a answer. Except then they said Mercy is fine and we dont plan on changing her.

Here we are with another nerf on the way lol

1 Like

Please link it so I can passive-aggressively annihilate the OP.

The video is cringy and forced. It was definitely a waste of time to watch, but if you want I can probably find it for you…but I will regret it lol

The devs are more than happy to shut you up because your video is ‘defamatory’, but as soon as you ‘fix’ the ‘defamatory’ parts, it’s crickets all around.

Hm…

2 Likes

Yes!

2 Likes

Glad to see others think the same thing

1 Like

At this rate, it would be easier to revert to launch resurrect ultimate and build our way back up as opposed to invuln.

I genuinely believe with all my heart that invuln caused many problems - I also think a lot of toxicity spawned after rez got put on the killfeed.

Rose-tinted glasses got pulled off and people realized that Mercy wasn’t the non-threatening hero they thought she was.

4 Likes

As much as some of us would like to see this we all know that it wouldn’t end well. Streamers, Owl players, and regular players would harass the devs to oblivion just to change it back.

Makes me wonder what’s the next move?

1 Like

Good point. Blizzard are good at giving into pressure - another thing that I believe brought about this rework. They were in the process of fixing the flaws with mass rez, and BAM! Reworked because streamers complained.

Whatever the next move is, I am… worried.

1 Like

I never had a problem with the rez ultimate. It forced teams to think about when to ult and actually prioritize killing the supports.
With what, 10+ heros that can potentially wipe and entire team with their ults what was so wrong about one hero that could save a whole team?

But, what was done was done and they reworked her and I continued playing mercy, rez with valk was fun and I still felt like I could contribute and get in the saves I needed to, to help push my team forward.
Then rez with Valk dissapeared, ok i can still sneak in and get a rez or two off… ok one rez… ok now its on a timer… and if i sneeze in the wrong direction it gets cancelled… and it can be interupted so easily, alright well at least im still the most potent healer… oh… thats going down too?
Sigh

At this point, while mercy will always be special to me as the first hero that made me feel like a hero while playing her, its getting harder and harder to get enjoyment from playing her.

While i’m sure Mercy will still be a potent healer and more than likely still an amazing choice for any team comp, it just sucks that she gets punished so badly.
She’s the only healer thats forced to be a healer, or be a dps. Unlike literally every other support we have she has to choose between damage or healing, and it almost feels like she gets punished for that.

6 Likes

I have a feeling the next move is that GA gets nerfed to 4 seconds and Damage Boost is 15%.

We all know this healing nerf isnt the last.

1 Like

No resurrect in ANY form is unbalanced. This rework just proved it. How is reverting from a MUST pick build, to a MUST pick build helpful.

IT isnt.