The Mercy Community Problem

The title is just an eye catcher really. In order to gain traction on a forum of this size it needs to be gripping. Better to judge the content of the thread over the title. Essentially , “Don’t Judge a book by its cover.”

It speaks of someone reaching out and trying to explain the frustration many of us feel and offering advice on how to IMPROVE the air quality between different groups. If both sides don’t change their behavior it is going to be hard.

5 Likes

The mercy community in my opening post that clearly said that not all people in the mercy main community are actively guilty of engaging the toxic nonproductive behavior that I have described? Like if you don’t engage in this behavior its not addressing those particular people? Okay. I mean if you want to openly be dismissive of things said in the very beginning to get an undeserved gotcha, go ahead. Your dishonesty is now on display for everyone.

4 Likes

Then why make it so the title is only going to be gripping for Mercy players? I don’t know about you but saying, “The Community’s problem” sounds way more griping.

I mean, more than half of his bullet points are stuff that are against CoC meaning it doesn’t need addressing. Idk, just seems unneccessary. Besides, people don’t need someone telling them that they need to change.

1 Like

I wish this could be said about other communities but sadly, i dont think its the case.

I honestly can handle BS, Shade and ad hominems but i cant stand entitlement.

The level of EGO of some people that believe to be beyond the forum rules. Like creating the SAME type of Mercy threads over and over and over and over again and then complain, rant and blame admins when they close them because they are duplicate.

They, of course, use different wording but they are ALL about the same things:

• We are being ignored
  • Mercy needs a revert
  • Mercy rework sucks
  • Mercy is more important and deserves to be a top pick always.

Its INSANE when you cant filter them straight up and even if you go into a different support thread, like Brig balances or even hate threads, there are MULTIPLE people coming there just to blabber about Mercy.

To me this is unacceptable and mods should go WAY HARDER on those who create duplicate threads.

PS: No, seriously, do a search for “Mercy” , advanced, post title and make a timeframe of 15 days. Lets see HOW MANY results you get.

7 Likes

I think you are underestimating the thickness of my skin here. I’ve been on the forums long enough to recognize a bait. And on that note I point you towards the title of this thread “The Mercy Community Problem”; any exceptions listed in your thread seem to be put there to keep your back clear and give you plausible deniability. But the effect remains the same; your thread serves no other purpose than to act as inflammatory bait to make a heated situation worse. And feel free to add any additional insults towards me if having the last word makes you feel better.

14 Likes

[Not Trying to be rude to you, RainMaker]

This is why I want the title changed. :confused:

Sorry, but I will continue to post about Mercy the way I want regardless of your objections. Frankly, I couldn’t care less if I am seen as “respectful” by you or anyone else here.

8 Likes

See. What I like about you, is you respond with good feedback. I have no problem with a Mercy change. I have a problem with a current loud vocal part of a community. Mercy’s kit can probably use a rework, I enjoy her in her current state, but I am in no way opposed to any sort of kit change. I just think the behavior of people trying to hide behind being a victim is gross. To address a point, I am going to have my title stay the same, its the most effective at what I am currently addressing. If this was a genji problem, I would use genji. Its not though.

3 Likes

Because right now the message is directed toward a group that has been the central focus of contention ever since the rework of their hero. You don’t have to be a mercy main to be interested in mercy threads. I am here aren’t I?

Not really. Spamming mercy threads is against the CoC. But only in the context of one user creating tons of threads. The kind of spam referred to in this thread is of a large collection of people inundating the forums with nonconstructive, similar, or straight up identical threads.

Frequent attacks against the developers can be interpreted as indirectly calling them poor designers without name dropping them. As talking about nebulous designers is NOT against CoC. Just name dropping specific names is.

Attacking other communities without name calling or other toxic language is not against the CoC. Such as “Why does Pharah get attention when Mercy is still so bad!”. Not suspension worthy or against CoC.

and other actions that paint them in a poor light.

What he is trying to point out is that if this behavior remains unchanged the atmosphere being created will only get worse. I don’t think Virticon is telling anyone what to do. He is just sharing his perspective on why it upsets HIM and if the mercy community want to reach people liek Virticon and those who are like minded and ease the tension being created then listening to his suggestions may not be such a bad idea.

6 Likes

Literally the reason they changed her in the first place and was the rhetoric of the salty masses against Mercy and her players…

9 Likes

Yes that’s why she was a must pick pre rework

/s

9 Likes

None of this would be a problem if a years worth of feedback from Mercy mains had been acted on. Their are tens of thousands of posts giving feedback stating what is wrong with the character. Everyone is highly frustrated because of the lack of communication or action on fixing the mess of a rework.

Until something is done to officially acknowledge the mess that Mercy is in and address the issues the posts are not going to stop.

9 Likes

I did address this. Please reread.

1 Like

Easy-sell changes sounds like giving up and accepting what’s given to you. I don’t like the sound of that.

1 Like

Well, if we are only allowed to discuss objective things, the forum might as well be closed.

2 Likes

But the problems he addresses still aren’t exclusive to Mercy players?

I mean, some dev told me that context doesn’t matter so… But yeah, guess you could be right.

Ok buts against CoC? Nonconstrucive, similar, or straight up identical threads (this one can be considered making duplicate threads) almost always get taken down.

Attacking devs is against CoC. I’m just going of off what he said. Also, naming a dev is also against CoC.

But that’s not what he said? He said this:

Attacking other communities for getting a rework before Mercy is against CoC.

But does he really need to make a thread for it? Why not just respond to players directly?

At no point, did I say, that you are not allowed to discuss anything on the forums. There are plenty of subjective posts. What I am talking about is the frequency of which certain posts show up by certain members of a community of people who do not seem to care about how their actions affect an overall image of the cause they are fighting for.

2 Likes

Should have thought about that before making such a one sided post.

“you’re not allowed to use the excuse used to get your hero changed”? you do understand how ridiculous that sounds?

6 Likes

Besides, objective fun exists.

• The reason sombra got her damage cooldown on hack
  • the reason brigitte stun was nerfed majorly
  • Brigitte nerfs in general
  • reason for symmetra and torbjorn rework

Yes that isn’t an valid reason because mercy players use it…

P.s how about we talk about how the Mercy community is treated…

• we are called cultist and compared to N@zi (yes that has happened)
  • we are told we have no say in matters because we are no aim no brain mercy mains
  • harassed for playing Mercy more than other heroes
  • harassed for asking for fixes for mercy
  • not to mention how the whole community single handedly attacks aria rose for trying to state her and many others opinions. (I’m no fanboy but it’s plain wrong to treat someone how the forum dps groupies treat her)
  • we are blamed for her rework
  • we are blamed for being ‘one trick’
  • we are held accountable for every change mercy revieved like we asked for it
  • we are stereotyped into a cancerous community that just wants a easy q that is bad for the game.

Do I need to go on, I treat as many people with upmost respect. I’m a mercy main. I think it’s hypocritical for everyone to tell Mercy mains to stop being toxic And cancerous when you decide to comment in our threads and insult us and expect no one to react and take it? We are people too, we are not beneath you because we play a certain hero. Seriously get a grip. Most of this community are adults and it’s funnt how childish you can all be.

I personally think if you want the mercy community to play nice then you should really play nice back.

“Treat others how you want to be treated” keep that in mind the next time you make a toxic remark and get ‘harassed’ by mercy players for ‘no reason’

15 Likes