The majority doesn't like 222

I remember losing with 6 supports once.
Yet not saying that’s why we lost. We all agreed to it and actually almost won.

Role lock has nothing to do with ‘‘selfish players’’ and the people who say that suffer from delusion or ego issues.
Role lock is here due to sheer inability of Blizz to balance goats without nerfing Widow (who was the dominant counter to quad dps comps that were the dominant counter to goats, until the goats team swapped to widow).

Such is life.
Its not going anywhere, and trying to justify removing it because omg so many dps players is honestly just dumb.

If you really care about que times the best you can do is support making tanks and supports more fun and impactfull so the more people play them.
We lost a lot of support and tanks players with all the bad changes and nerfs/ dps buffs.
I think its pretty self evident its not fun to pray to the gods that you get dps that want and can deal with reaper/doom/widow/hanzo every match you go into, since they are near impossible to counter by tanks and supports and basically feed off them.

We changed and nerfed the most played heroes from the least popular roles on top of that and we’re surprised the player base is lacking?

You want que times to get better for dps?
Start working on making tanks and supports more relevant and impactful, to get more tanks and supports in the game.

And Im saying this as a support/tank flex that despises role que and will probably stop playing pretty soon, my play time has already dropped significantly. I dont like playing dps and id rather wait and play dps now tbh.

6 Likes

Queue times for DPS are higher because many players think DPS is the carry role - but in reality it’s the slacker role. DPS make the game go faster - it’s the same as in WoW. Tanks and healers are the carries. Without good tanks and heals you really can’t do anything. When I play DPS role and we win, it’s easy to recall the tank and support play that enabled it - the space that made my job ezmode, the heals that gave me sustain.
When I play tank or support, if we lose I always look to my own play (unless of course the dps were intentionally or unintentionally feeding by playing Overwatch COD style) as the reason we lost.

7 Likes

citation required

also, quit invoking the idea of a majority when you nor anyone else has definitive proof of their opinions

1 Like

In reality in the current game supports are incapable of healing the dmg out put of the meta dps heroes. Tanks are glorified punching bags that hope their dps can do their jobs so they dont just get run over, cause they cant deal with the current popular dps Reaper, Doom, Mei, Widow, Hanzo.

your tanks and supports cant be apsolute potatoes but if youre a god Widow you will carry.
You can be a god tier Rein and you will get overrun if your dps are potatoes in the current state of the game.

5 Likes

Well, considering majority of the playerbase are dps mains, I can’t see other outcome.

1 Like

Why should I now wait 10 minues for a single DPS match, because of some bad selfish DPS in your matches? Maybe it’s you being selfish, for putting your problems on to other players?
I played all roles when I wanted, but thanks to y’all I can’t play DPS anymore, because of dumb queue times.

1 Like

When playing your best role and the role you like the most started to be “selfish”? Then you’re selfish for not playing game modes, others than you like to play. You’re selfish for playing Overwatch instead of some Tetris. You’re selfish for playing on keyboard/mouse instead of controller. Stop being selfish, show some respec to console players and use a gamepad at least once.
Also good luck playing with DPS mains, who’s queued as support/tank, have fun!

3 Likes

“majority doesn’t like 222”

then the majority can leave. Blizzard makes enough money from WoW, Starcraft and Hearthstone. Less players on Overwatch won’t make a significant impact.

They have the choice to play something else

I would say that tank mains and support mains have a right to be a little selfish after this game catered to awful dps players for 3 years.

Good riddance. If all you wanted to do was play dps or fill a role, please for the love of all that’s good in this world LEAVE. Don’t like role queue? play a different game. You have quick play classic so that’s not even an argument, and I have ZERO sympathy for the people complaining about 2/2/2 in competitive, bc more often than not they’re just a bunch of sad, salty dps one tricks. Go have fun ruining others’ experiences in another game

5 Likes

No one told the dps mains to immediately hop into competitive queue on an unfamiliar role. They wanna learn a new role? Quick play has 2/2/2. And you know what? If you see that the queue time for dps is 15 minutes AND YOU STILL CLICK ON IT, you have no one to blame but yourself. Either sit through it like a normal, patient adult or play a different role.

6 Likes

Um, literally every day in t500? I’ve seen Karq, Frana, and ML7 get put on the same team and lose badly. I’ve seen two Mercy one tricks on the same team with one severely underperforming on other characters. Multi support games are easily lost when they’re up against one hitscan God, because none of them are competent enough in other roles to stop him.

3 Likes

You don’t need to play your best role all the time.

What? Me not playing certain game modes, doesn’t affect other people.

Jokes on you. I actually play on both console and PC. Maybe check the profile of the person you’re arguing with before making a claim with the implication that you already know what they play on.

I don’t see the issue with this. I get what you’re implying though, and that is, DPS mains will be bad on support and ruin my game. But guess what? There are separate ranks for each role! If they are bad on support, they’ll receive an appropriate rank for their skill level on that role!

Unlike before. If 76% of the playerbase is DPS mains, and we didn’t have role que, then that means we’d have DPS playing supports at a rank beyond their skill level with that role. That was IN FACT what was happening before!

2 Likes

Well tanks and support are happy. Instant queues, lootboxes and credits. Dps role is just a big waiting room.

same dps players that “hate” 222 are the ones crying that no one pick tank/support

3 Likes

Who?

Who are these majority?

My friend whos a DPS main is glad 2-2-2 is here because he knows people forcing garbage comps and feeding all game is worse than having to queue for another 10 minutes. And he gets to queue with me, a tank/supp player. Sad because you don’t have a duo to q with? Too bad, maybe you’re better off playing solo fortnite.

So how can you actually prove this claim?

There are 8 TANKS
There are 16 DPS
There are 7 Supports

DPS is naturally bloated due to dps being 51% of the hero pool. Everyone is so cynical, its not selfishness its about playing what people enjoy to play and Blizzard does a great job advertising the DPS Role 2 to 1.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and if someone doesn’t like the wait times its as simple as that, they dont like the wait times. This is not the fault of the community at all its the manufacture of the game that provides the choices in an unbalanced manner. Readers should band together and point the finger at the developers, hold them accountable for the lack of foresight and maybe they will pump out 8 more tanks and 8 more healers to balance things out.

Or

Delete a few dps… cough… Doomfist…

Just kidding

2 Likes

Lol they dont call it DPSwatch for nothing, maybe they shouldnt have released a billion DPS and like 2 supports and tanks while promoting DPS on twitch and youtube. There are a lot of you DPSers out there, nothing I can do.

Meanwhile I enjoy my 1 minute queue times

That’s because “the majority” are the lowest common denominator who only play DPS and aren’t team players. Everyone wants to play DPS, but this isn’t a deathmatch game so we need tanks and healers too. The RQ is necessary because so many selfish players won’t switch to any other roles, so it is fair to make the games fill up by supply and demand

1 Like

As a dps main I am ok with waiting 10 to 15 minutes to play a match because I love having a team that wants to play their role instead of the previous game that almost made me quit where everyone was instalocking dps. I would rather wait a decent amount of time for a fair game than jump into one with the risk of getting a throwing teammate.

1 Like